Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) (38158 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual, Sunday 7th May,2017 / Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name / A Teenager's Response To A Sunday School Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by o2k(m): 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

Easy. Even Atheists and Muslims know the answer to this.

The bible rearly documents women. Except for a few like Eve, Rahab, Ruth (Go check generations of Jesus in Matthew and Luke).
If not for the issues Dinah (Jacobs daughter had), no one will probably know Jacob has a daughter. Methuselah lived longest in the Bible at 969 years but we do not know his mother.

To your question:
Adam and Eve had another son named Seth. So who did Seth marry?
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: - Genesis 5:4

So how many daughters of Adam do you know were mentioned in the Bible?
Is it so hard to see that Cain married his sister? A sister that was not documented at the time of Cain and Abel.
Yeah, you may call it incest but at the time it was common practice. Men did not know better.

Even, a son of Jacob (Reuben) slept with his father concubine.
And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it... - Genesis 35:22

It was later that God gave a law against it to the Israelites:
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD. - Leviticus 18:6
The the list continue to vs 22 and 23 where God speaks against Homosexuals and sex with Animals.

Even with the laws, there are still cultures around the world that still practice it. It is frowned upon in Nigeria/Africa.
See how it applies globally: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest

It took Adam another 800 years before he gave birth to daughters. Cain was knew his wife even before the birth of Seth (gen 4 very 16 - 26)

NIV:So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

NIV:Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

NIV:To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, and Methushael was the father of Lamech.

NIV:Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the other Zillah.

NIV:Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of those who live in tents and raise livestock.

NIV:His brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play stringed instruments and pipes.

NIV:Zillah also had a son, Tubal-Cain, who forged all kinds of tools out of bronze and iron. Tubal-Cain’s sister was Naamah.

NIV:Lamech said to his wives, “Adah and Zillah, listen to me; wives of Lamech, hear my words. I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for injuring me.

NIV:If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times.”

NIV:Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

NIV:Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time people began to call on the name of the Lord.

The obvious answer is that somethings are beyond our understanding

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by M4gunners: 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
vacanci:

Can u show me where Cain or Abel or any male in the Bible being addressed as her. Why are u trying to stand by ur mistake. You need to go back to school and learn elementary English or better still, learn from any child 4 YEARS and above.

For example:

Genesis 2:24 For this cause will a man go away from his father and his mother and be joined to his wife; and they will be one flesh.

Did you see anything like a man leave her father and her mother?
I did rather be successful in whatever am doing than to waste my Parents money in school just as you did. If am not mistaken, at the end of the topic,the Op said Cain travel to a town were he married and have Children with her.Shey her na Man abi woman? Na for nairaland u go dey show ur talent, when ur mates are making millions out there.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by possibilita(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Cain married his sister,and incase u want to knw Adam had many sons and daughters,only 3 where documented Cain,Abel and Seth. Read Genesis 5

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by vacanci: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
M4gunners:
If am not mistaken, at end of the topic,the Op said Cain travel to a town were he married and have Children with her.Shey her na Man abi woman? Na for nairaland u go dey show ur talent, when ur mates are making millions out there.

Why are you getting deeper in confusion. Do you want the sentence to read "Cain have children with him?". The OP is correct but you think it should be addressed the other way round.

The OP said "Cain traveled to a town called Nod and married and gave children with her." her refers to a woman. Pls. Haba.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by vacanci: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
M4gunners:
If am not mistaken, at end of the topic,the Op said Cain travel to a town were he married and have Children with her.Shey her na Man abi woman? Na for nairaland u go dey show ur talent, when ur mates are making millions out there.
Why are you getting deeper in confusion. Do you want the sentence to read "Cain have children with him?". The OP is correct but you think it should be addressed the other way round.

The OP said "Cain traveled to a town called Nod and married and gave children with her." her refers to a woman. Pls. Haba.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by benedictac(f): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
ibeloson2002:
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God:
but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
that we may do all the words of this law.
...Deuteronomy 29:29

The one God has revealed to us is for us and the one that is not revealed to us is not our business
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Stoglins(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nairalandar:
Morgana The sorcerer
This is what happen when u watch Merlin too much.......
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by mcprince32(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2 is very correct. The time frame wasn't mentioned, and it wasn't incestry as at then.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by 3moses: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
it's written that Cain went to a strange land to get wife and marry...
Also, when God turned him to a wanderer, Cain asked, won't they kill him anywhere he goes to.

that story is yet to be understood.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by iliyande(m): 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
God’s Standard of Holiness

“You shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Please we have to be perfect for us to see God tomorrow.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
At that time, there exists the giants (the wicked angels whom God cast down along with lucifer). These angels are not only men but also women, so, cain got married to the daughters of men i.e. The wicked angels
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by jossiwan(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
omanifrank:
[center][img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Sunday-School.jpg[/img][/center]

Someone sent this question to my mail, so i decided to share with the Christian People on .

Read Question Below:-

when Adam and Eve born Cain and Abel, as at that time there were only 4 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel).

Bible said, Cain killed Abel and was cursed by God. now it was left with only 3 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain)

Now according to d bible, Cain traveled to a town called Nod and married and gave children with her.

Now my question is, which other human did Cain marry?

Make Una answer this question Oh.

Very simple... He married his sister...

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by sample042(m): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

The bible rearly documents women. Except for a few like Eve, Rahab, Ruth (Go check generations of Jesus in Matthew and Luke).
If not for the issues Dinah (Jacobs daughter had), no one will probably know Jacob has a daughter. Methuselah lived longest in the Bible at 969 years but we do not know his mother.

To your question:
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: - Genesis 5:4

Is it so hard to see that Cain married his sister? A sister that was not documented at the time of Cain and Abel.
Yeah, you may call it incest but at the time it was common practice. Men did not know better.

And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it... - Genesis 35:22

None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD. - Leviticus 18:6
The the list continue to vs 22 and 23 where God speaks against Homosexuals and sex with Animals.

Even with the laws, there are still cultures around the world that still practice it. It is frowned upon in Nigeria/Africa.

Disagree with you.

...Cos right from time both the orthodox and religious bodies(xtains) has always stand against incest.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by BlackBature(f): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
ginawest:
lolz...Dont question the bible
you can question wat u dnt undastand in d bible for clarity
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by MuttleyLaff: 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

The bible rarely documents women. Except for a few like Eve, Rahab, Ruth (Go check generations of Jesus in Matthew and Luke).

To your question:

It wasn't a case of "Men did not know better" rather more a case of, the practice was permitted (i.e. allowed) by God
but at the time when it was no longer safe (i.e. because the risks are now high) for this practice to go on (i.e. continue)
God, then, officially voiced out via Leviticus 18:6-15, where he laid down the law against the practice
(i.e. "'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the LORD etc)

NumberOne2:

The reason why God officially spoke out and gave a law against it to the Israelites was because of:
#1) Purity sake, as God is processing Himself to turn up on Earth through the Israelites
#2) Genetics, as the human genetic code had become degraded enough that close intermarriage was no longer safe
(i.e. the risks of inheriting abnormal physical characteristics including medical problems is highly unavoidable)

NumberOne2:
The the list continue to vs 22 and 23 where God speaks against Homosexuals...
God spoke against homosexuality in those two verses as regards His agenda about purity at that era or time
Other places where or when the subject of homosexuality/pederast is mentioned in the Bible are in four settings, these under different background or varied degrees, are:

1) The Genesis 19:4-5 Sodom and Gomorrah attempted gang rape of men by men account
2) The Old Testament Leviticus 18:22 law (i.e. Mosaic Law Prohibition)
and the Leviticus 20:13 punishment (i.e. law for violating the Leviticus 18:22 Law)
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9 New Testament lists of sins
4) and Paul's Romans 1:26 letter to the Christians in Rome.

Whether God still speaks against homosexuality now, note and mind you, not referring to pederast,
and whether the Leviticus 20:13 punishment is still valid or applicable today are judgment calls
The take on them are going to be personal ones after being fully familiar with all the facts & truth out there

NumberOne2:
...and sex with Animals.
also is against this because of Purity again, passing diseases from animal and it is an abomination

NumberOne2:
Though it is a taboo in Nigeria/Africa the ocassional married men do practice it with their daughters. It carries death by stoning in Sharia states if married and caught with evidence
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Abmalcom(m): 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
This is an age long question that has been well-explained. If you really want to learn, read the article below.
http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c004.html

Let me just quote this few lines but endeavour to read the whole article.

"Some claim that the passage in Genesis 4:16-17 means that Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife. Thus, they can conclude there must have been another race of people on the earth, who were not descendants of Adam, who produced Cain's wife.

“And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch: and he built a city, and he called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.”

From what has been stated previously, it is clear that all humans, Cain's wife included, are descendants of Adam. However, this passage does not say that Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife. John Calvin, commenting on these verses, states:

“From the context we may gather that Cain, before he slew his brother, had married a wife; otherwise Moses would now have related something respecting his marriage.”[13]

Cain was married before he went to the land of Nod. He didn't find a wife there, but “knew” (had sexual relations with) his wife.[14]

Others have argued that because Cain built a “city” in the land of Nod, there must have been a lot of people there. However, the Hebrew word translated as “city” need not mean what we might imagine from the connotations of “city” today. The word meant a “walled town” or a protected encampment.[15] Even a hundred people would be plenty for such a “city.”

Nevertheless, there could have been many descendants of Adam on the earth by the time of Abel's death
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by malvisguy212: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
sample042:

Disagree with you.

...Cos right from time both the orthodox and religious bodies(xtains) has always stand against incest.
during that time the law against incest was not given yet, human was in the state of perfection,there is no genetic defeat in human,if you observ, adam, eve ,Cain seth,Noah e.t.c all died at the age of 800years upwards but when human began to loss the perfection, the genetic defeat in human began to show effect,Abraham,Moses ,Isaac,Jacob all died at the age of 200years downward meaning human are loosing the perfection in them, so God command Moses to number isreal and then set the law of incest.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by jomoh: 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
No be tonto dike dey say he marry.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by kingjoo: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
The Bible only gave account of the male children born to Adam and Eve, that does not mean that they didn't give birth to female children which Cain easily could have married.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by FumzeeyGold: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
DATS IN GENESIS 4:17
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Princewell2012(m): 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

To your question:

God bless you sir, you have already answer the question. somebody have also asked me this same question which i have answered exactly, i suspect he is the same person that is bringing it up here. Though he is trying to discredit the bible, but God is wiser than him. Thank you once again for your good works.

2 Likes

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by zudozz: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
I don ask 1 pastor b4 e say obviously some people existed b4 God Created Adam n Eve only Adam n Eve were d people he created 2fulfill His purpose on earth. Omo I no wan start 2 dey argue with am 4 im church so I free d matter. D truth b say God created my parents n they created me.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
ditossyn:
Perfect answer!...........I was about writing all these but thanks to you for this good analysis

No analysis at all, it bears no relevance to the issue raised by the op. This so called analysis refers to the time past the killing of Abel so is an offshoot of the time in question.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by nwakaibeya1: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
updates ::::from heaven : authority has come back to the earth,BEHOLD we are not begging human beigns to accept our truth and revelation and that is why we have told them,this is power as of old, that go and sin no more power of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us?dont forget this, that many humanbeings are pretenders and are pretenders who will rather die than accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like many evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of this pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?many human beigns like to stand at the gate of heaven, enter they will never enter ,also allow others to enter they will never allow others to enter so you must think humanbeigns:we are speaking by the power that is unbelievable to human beigns *this is typical of all our truth and revelation and explanations about the night people ,the rich people and evil marine and occult world and those whom human beings believe in them so much that they were called by God or where made rich by God who are in existence today as being powerful and others as the descendants of the prophets and priests referred to here in the bible @#### Jeremiah 5,25, Your wrongdoings have kept God away;your sins have deprived you of good and peace and night sleep.26 “Among my people are the wicked,who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.27 Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful,28 and have grown fat and sleek.Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not seek Gods justice and secular.They do not promote the case of the fatherless;they do not defend the just cause of the poor even when they do its for their own selfish reason unknowingly to the those benefiting from them?.29 Should I not punish them for this?”declares the Lord.“Should I not avenge myself.on such a nation as this?30 “A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land,31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.But what will you do in the end?can't you see, is it not those we call CHAMELEONS? Let this phrase as follows sink in you and we repeat that we keep telling you human beigns about them that are being referred to in those passages by God himself hence judgement has come again or cant you see the judgment is all over the place even though the worst judgement is happening spiritually now but because those being judged are pretenders like pharoah we repeat who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth and was highly respected by people then and just like many respected and evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?this is words of authority and power from real JESUS CHRIST, that we declare and they are spirits,who can battle with the God of justice,he that made the spiritual laws?NOTE AGAIN we are not begging human beigns to accept the truth and thats why we have told them this is power as of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us ignorantly?a wise man will always look well before he eats. Watch out sooner than later we will know who is telling the truth
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thus I a very salient point raised by the op and I often wonder same. Well, I don't think we should be blinded by religion and not see beyond our nostrils. By my thinking and by proxy, believe it is common knowledge that there's darkness n light, positive n negative, live n neutral, male n female, etc. In like manner, there ate two worlds, that owned by God and that owned by Satan. There were actually Three people left in God's world when he threw Cain out of it, leaving a 'mark' on his forehead for later I'd purposes since he (God) knew cain would only have satan's people to live with. Now, I believe this was a grand design by both Gods ( the good God and the bad one) to share the natural symbiosis. Has anyone asked why God took leave of Adam and not watch over him after creating eve, why was the serpent allowed to crawl into the fortified garden of Eden, or above all, why was the temptation tree bearing the deadly fruit of life allowed to grow in the garden in the first place? It was all a design, hence that quote from somebody that heaven's secret are for the gods alone and the revealed are for man n his offspring. So in order to make life a continuum, the good and the bad, light n day, male n female, positive n negative, live n neutral etc must come together hence giving birth to various religion. For all those shouting Satan this, Satan that, you don't know what you are saying or doing for God himself lafs at you. Without Satan, we would not know God. Remember the case of Job,did the bible tell us that Satan 'discussed' with God by way of seeking Permission to tempt Job? ....heavenly secrets are for the gods only....leave matta for Mathias abeg!
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by sistar007(m): 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
emrain:

Hahaha... Freaking hilarious

it might be true.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by AdelekeAkinola(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
If u read the book of genesis 1:26-28,the bible says that God made man,male and female made he them. The word them is a pointer to the fact that it was not only one person that God made. In verse 28 of the same chapter,the bible still use the word them when it was describing how God blessed them.
It was in chapter 2 that the bible described how God made adam which he put in a garden to be his pet,he put him their so that he will not miss with other people that God created cos God intentionally separated him so that he can be having personal relationship with him.
So my point is that it was not only Adam that God created but Adam was his favourite. The flood wiped out the other generations of human beings except noah who was from the lineage of adam and all his children that is why we all belong to Adam as our fore father if not for the flood we would have had many generations apart from adam.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Maximus85(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
omanifrank:
[center][img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Sunday-School.jpg[/img][/center]

Someone sent this question to my mail, so i decided to share with the Christian People on .

Read Question Below:-

when Adam and Eve born Cain and Abel, as at that time there were only 4 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel).

Bible said, Cain killed Abel and was cursed by God. now it was left with only 3 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain)

Now according to d bible, Cain traveled to a town called Nod and married and gave children with her.

Now my question is, which other human did Cain marry?

Make Una answer this question Oh.

There's no secret to this. You know that they grow up to 900years back then. Cain and Abel aren't the only children Adam and Eve had. They had other children, females inclusive. There was no law against insest back then.
Therefore, Cain might have married one of his sisters.

Since the timing wasn't in order, we don't know how old Cain was when he killed or went away. If he was around 300 or 400, then Adam and Eve could have had grand or even great grand children by then. So the earth isn't having just 4 people as at then.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Maximus85(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
AdelekeAkinola:
If u read the book of genesis 1:26-28,the bible says that God made man,male and female made he them. The word them is a pointer to the fact that it was not only one person that God made. In verse 28 of the same chapter,the bible still use the word them when it was describing how God blessed them.
It was in chapter 2 that the bible described how God made adam which he put in a garden to be his pet,he put him their so that he will not miss with other people that God created cos God intentionally separated him so that he can be having personal relationship with him.
So my point is that it was not only Adam that God created but Adam was his favourite. The flood wiped out the other generations of human beings except noah who was from the lineage of adam and all his children that is why we all belong to Adam as our fore father if not for the flood we would have had many generations apart from adam.

Yeeeeepa. Oga, where you get this kin info? Please don't mislead people.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
sistar007:

it might be true.

You need serious help.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by markettray: 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
Some claim that the passage in
Genesis 4:16-17 means that Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife. Thus, they can conclude there must have been another race of people on the earth, who were not descendants of Adam, who produced Cain's wife.

“And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch: and he built a city, and he called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.”

It is clear that all humans, Cain's wife included, are descendants of Adam. However, the passage above does not say that Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife but that he knew his wife.

John Calvin, commenting on these verses, states:

“From the context we may gather that Cain, before he slew his brother, had married a wife; otherwise Moses would now have related something respecting his marriage.”[13]

Cain was married before he went to the land of Nod. He didn't find a wife there, but “knew” (had sexual relations with) his wife.[14]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd / Sierra Leone Mudslide: Oydepo Visits Sierra Leone President,Give Them Foodstuffs / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.