Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) (22317 Views)

Scammers Who Impersonated Cecilia Ezeilo On Facebook Nabbed. Photo / I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless —robbery Suspect / I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Sveen: 7:02am On Jun 01, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zvNwHU_HvGo/VWvjgriwu6I/AAAAAAAFbN0/5Anz5n8kpv8/s280/1b.jpg[/img]

[quote]The police in Lagos have apprehended a suspected car snatcher, Donatus Okike, who allegedly stole vehicles at gunpoint in different areas of Lagos.

Okike, 29, however, told our correspondent that his role in the gang was to find buyers for the stolen vehicles.

The police said the suspect, who was arrested in the Igando area, allegedly belonged to a four-man gang, which was notorious for snatching vehicles and dismantling them to sell as spare parts.

It was learnt that the gang, which was nabbed by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, had an outlet in an auto spare parts market in Lagos where they sold the parts of stolen vehicles.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the gang usually removed the number plates of stolen vehicles so that the buyers would think the vehicles were imported used vehicles (Tokunbo).

It was gathered that the police recovered an AK-47 rifle and 73 rounds of live ammunition loaded in six magazines from the gang.

Also, two of the vehicles sold by the gang ─ a Toyota Camry and a Toyota Sienna ─ have been recovered by the police.

Okike, from Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, said he was preparing to take the fourth vehicle to Port Harcourt, Rivers State, to sell when the operatives arrested him.

He added that his role in the gang was to drive the vehicle to the buyer.

He said, “I worked formerly as a truck driver. That was in 2009. My boss was Mr. Ogbonna Okorie, who used to load bags of rice in the Seme area. My route is from Mile 2 to the border area. I also ply the Idiroko area in Ogun State. I came to Lagos in 2005, and I used to stay with my uncle in the Maryland area before I joined the gang.

“The first vehicle we stole was a Toyota Camry. I drove it to Benin, Edo State, where we sold it for N600,000. The second car was a Toyota Sienna which I took to Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and sold for N700,000. I sold it to one Lucky Oboh. We usually removed the plate numbers when selling so that our buyers would not suspect the vehicles were stolen. I was given N300,000 as my share.

“The third one was another Toyota Camry, which I drove to the Badagry area of Lagos to sell. The fourth was a Toyota Sienna and I was to also take it to Port Harcourt when the police arrested me. I am not the gang leader. The leader is known simply as Segun.

“My role is to find a buyer for the vehicle and drive it to his location after an agreement. It was the gang leader who operated with this gun. I was also a drug addict and I used the robbery proceeds to take care of my mother who had a poor health.”

Our correspondent learnt that three other members were still at large, identified only as Nonso, Segun and Donald.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to get back to our correspondent for comment.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/my-work-is-finding-buyers-for-stolen-vehicles/

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Sveen: 7:04am On Jun 01, 2015
They should cuff/tie him to one of the car and start the engine.

6 Likes

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Sveen: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2015
Toyota cars are the most stolen cars in Nigeria, either at gun or not. Makes me wonder why it's so prone to get stolen.
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by nerodenero: 7:33am On Jun 01, 2015
He didn't mention any other brand except Toyota. The high demand for Toyota brand is the reason a stolen or not stolen Toyota car is easy to sell.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 01, 2015
segun (gang leader)initiated the innocent guy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Sweetcollins: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2015
Lesson for All
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by ksdwedi: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2015
For your mind!
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by mizvee(f): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2015
In Hausa, we say KWANA TA CHIKA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by DahtzFestjayz: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
O
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by POPdecorator: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
U can know biafra citizen with 3 major work; robbery, kidnapping and fake product producing

and more over if naija split shey na dis u go dey theif for order region abi? U go know what den dey call SW

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Bigdreams(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
The choices we make...hmmm...

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by LasoulMacuby(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
londongal03:
segun (gang leader)initiated the innocent guy
This early morning, u come with this? are u OK?

5 Likes

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by tbanj07(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Space booked...

Gallow for the dude!!!
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by StellaBella(f): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Ewu!

1 Like

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by folabayo1(f): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Oju ole ree ole tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by folabayo1(f): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2015
Thief ole carry am go tongue

1 Like

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by gidzbobby: 8:02am On Jun 01, 2015
why dey comot bullet na dem dey fear ?
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 01, 2015
Hmmmmn!
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by gobizzy101: 8:02am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by isbish(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2015
Masu Gudu Su Gudu. Time up for that criminal.
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by ijustdey: 8:03am On Jun 01, 2015
How come he was able to have such a kind of weapon if he is just selling the goods and not stealing them too
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by udy4real(m): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2015
mistypiper:
Find those at large and bring them to custody too, criminal minded biafra people grin

Quote me if you like, na your headache.

Eko oni baje!
I know say u dey craze

1 Like

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by ayusco85(m): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2015
Keep calm Nigerians, a new sheriff is in town. Stealing is now corruption

1 Like

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Sharon6(f): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2015
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.

FOR STRETCH MARKS REMOVAL AND OTHER SKIN ISSUES PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by kushfc(m): 8:05am On Jun 01, 2015
mizvee:
In Hausa, we say KWANA TA CHIKA.
In yoruba we say "OJO TI PE"

3 Likes

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Mintayo(m): 8:05am On Jun 01, 2015
The funny thing is that that gun may not be his, the police may just put it in his hands and show him off with it. Just saying, but that doesnt rule out the fact that he might be a car stealer.

4 Likes

Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2015
SEGUN!!!! TAKE TIME O.
Re: Automobile Armed Robbery Suspect Nabbed (photo) by Spesh04: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2015
mistypiper:
Find those at large and bring them to custody too, criminal minded biafra people grin

Quote me if you like, na your headache.

Eko oni baje!
Agbero like your Oba of lagos. Thief like your Tinubu.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Children Of One Family Who Died One Day In Abia Set For Burial Today (Pix) / Gunmen Kidnap Female Students In Lagos / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of UK Returnee In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.