Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! (3634 Views)

Break Wifi-hotspots And Browse Free!! / How To Set Up Free 40mb Data Plan Using Indian Web Proxy Software / Creating Wireless Internet Hotspots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by guru00: 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2009
Una know say I like free velli much! Anyway I hia say Swift Networks have set up Hotspots with the fastest access speeds available in Nigeria, at the Cyberzone store and Bookstore at Silverbird Galleria; at Tetrazinni Akin Adesola, VI Tetrazinni Awolowo rd, Ikoyi Tetrazinni Ajao Estate, Tetrazinni Kofo Abayomi St, Apapa. Two of my friends who were at Silverbird on Saturday did a speed test, and got up 1.5Megs on the download link alone!

I hear that the links will be available for free to the public for the next week or so and the they are looking for people who will really put the system to the test. Any takers?
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2009
House, what do you have to say about this?
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by lynxnoon(m): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2009
EHEN?!!
I live close to ajao estate may try it out somtym,,,,,,,,,,,,tho dat area is crawling wit thieves & all sorts grin grin
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 17, 2009
Really. Guyz una dey hear o.
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by hayprof(m): 3:26am On Feb 17, 2009
Chai, Mushin is very far away frm, Galleria na'

Y dem no carry am enter Town?
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by jdoss: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2009
I stopped by the tetrazinni on Awolowo road this morning and was stunned. I was about a fourth of the way through downloading an episode of Heroes, and it took me about 5 mins to finish it(usenext). I saw max speeds of 1MB(big B) per second, and it hovered at about 800KBps for most of the download. From what I gathered it's free for the rest of the week. It is the most bandwidth I have seen in one place in Nigeria, top end of about 8Mbps. If anybody gets the chance, they should check it out.

Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by obinna5000(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2009
There is a similar topic here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240436.0.html

I was at the Swift Hotspot in Silverbird Galleria and I was getting download speeds of 2400Kb/s (bit transfer rate) or 300KB/s (file transfer rate).
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by lynxnoon(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2009
its meant to be free till 25th of feb frm den on u can connect by buying a recharge card(saw it a d papers undecided)
Re: Swift Networks Sets Up Free Wifi Hotspots! by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2009
Just like any other thing in Nigeria, this was just a bunch of hype, forgery and deception.
Their speed at the moment is slower than Nitel's dial up of about 10yrs ago.

(1) (Reply)

❌❌❌Sold❌❌❌Lenovo Thinkpad E450 / Gplusvpn Solution To TSUNAMI VPN Banning Nigerians|swift 4G And Spectranet Users / Factory Refurbished Hp Laptops For Sale!!as Good As Brand New.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.