Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

A Walk To Remember - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Walk To Remember (827 Views)

Do Not Walk Into This Room - A Short Story / How I Met Him (A Story Of A Long Walk To Eternal Freedom) / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Walk To Remember by crownbryan(m): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
The following event you are about to read is fictitious, however, it will be correct to say it happen within the subconscious of an individual between the hours before dawn. What you belief in, is no business of mine.

The atmosphere is tense, deep within me; I feel fear, panic and heart broken. Walking tenderly beneath the surface of the earth, at first, the floor seems solid, like in a trance; this is no longer the surface of the earth. Where I am has no other place like it in the world of human.

The surface I walk is soft, tender, delicate and most dangerous ground I have ever plied. Every foot I laid left a hole in the ground, and I could see, visibly that there is something scary and unimaginable beneath, should anyone fall, that might be the end or be, being casted into the fiercest part of hell.

I think I saw my brother as I walk, I remember he was very close to mother and in this past years of distress and agony, he had really been there. Tried when he could and seek help when he can’t. He gave me a direction of exactly where I could find mother, then I follow the path as was told.

The road to heaven or hell is slippery. As I tread flat slippery stairs above, my heart was in my mouth, the fear has no comparison to the one human feels. I walk along with some familiar strangers, every step we took is very precious and risky, because we can’t afford to slip, if we do, we know not what next.

Safely with grace, we got to the top. I saw mother happy to see us or would it be better to say she was happy to see the little boy we brought along. Funny enough, I don’t know him, but if he makes mother happy, I am happy too.

I stare into her face, scrutinising the mark of sickness, although, there is a much difference from the time before she left to this world beyond, but the agony and excruciating pains she went through on the hospital bed, fighting the battle to live and the mark of the oxygen still appear visibly on her nose and I observed that she is not completely happy being far away from home, but give thanks, she could find a place in paradise, the real home.
I left her court to explore her surrounding; I want to see how my mother has been fairing beyond her soul. My eyes wandered to a wonder land almost strata beneath where I stood; It beautiful, a magnificent sight to behold.

Dreams are the most mysterious means of God’s ways of communication to human, but most times, we have to decide if it foolish, comical or scary. No matter your conclusion, don’t completely discard your dreams, because there might just be a tiny message for you.
Re: A Walk To Remember by Bozzax: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
Space your post please.
Re: A Walk To Remember by crownbryan(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2015
Bozzax:
Space your post please.

Done sir

(1) (Reply)

Oau And Marriage / The Endless Knot By Michael Celestine Echezona / Freelance Writers: What Is Your Ideal Charge Per Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.