Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! (1474 Views)

See Church Where Members Bow Down To Their Pastor.Are pastors God now? / Why It's Hard For A Richman Or Even the Poor To Enter The Kingdom Of God / Fewer Americans Believe In God Now: New Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2015
Mk. 1:15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!”

God threw open His kingdom to mankind during the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, up till this day, mankind has not understood what the kingdom of God is really all about. All that mankind has been able to do is to form a religion that is about Jesus Christ. Today, more than two billion people belong to the Christianity religion; but very few of these belong to the kingdom of God. What is the problem? The problem is lack of understanding. Everybody talks about the good news or gospel, but very few understand that the good news is simply that God has thrown His kingdom open to mankind. Any person who understands and believes the good news should ask, how do I get in?

1 Like

Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 7:36am On Jun 07, 2015
[size=14pt]How to enter[/size]

Ac. 2:37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Col. 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

The first thing a person that wants to enter the kingdom of God must do is to repent. Repentance means to no longer set your mind on earthly things, but on the kingdom of God. The result of this paradigm shift is that you will begin to lose out in the things of the world and begin to grow in the spiritual life of God.

You now submit yourself to a minister of the gospel who will baptize you in water into the Lord Jesus Christ, so that Jesus Christ becomes your Lord. You commonly hear preachers say that people should receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and saviour; the proper way to do it is by baptism in water.

Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
Jn. 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit [Or but spirit] gives birth to spirit.

When you have been baptized in water, you have been born of water; it remains to be born of the Spirit. In order to receive the Holy Spirit, all it takes is to pray to God to give you the Holy Spirit (Lk. 11:13) and believe that you have received. The minister that carried out the baptism in water can also pray for the person baptized to receive the Holy Spirit, immediately after the water baptism (Acts 19:6).

Speaking in tongues is not a necessary indication that you have received the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a spirit and the mouth that speaks in tongues is just flesh. Flesh and spirit do not often go together. A person who receives the Holy Spirit has been born into the kingdom of God.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2015
[size=14pt]Growing in the Spirit[/size]

You enter the kingdom of God by being born into it. The Holy Spirit of God gives birth to a holy spirit in you. This holy spirit in you is just a spiritual baby. And there is also inside you an unholy spirit that was birthed by Satan, which we inherited from Adam. The unholy spirit is full grown and has been in control of our lives since we were born. So, even though you now have a holy spirit in you, the unholy spirit still dominates.

In order for one to experience the power of the kingdom of God, the holy spirit within must be made to grow in stature and in power. Only the Holy Spirit of God can feed the holy spirit within.

1Co. 10:2 They were all baptised into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.
1Co. 10:3 They all ate the same spiritual food
1Co. 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jn. 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jn. 6:55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
Jn. 6:56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

I personally nourish the holy spirit in me, when I pray, by asking God to feed my spirit with His flesh and to give my spirit His blood to drink. I also pray that God strengthens me with power in my inner being through His Holy Spirit (Eph. 3:17). As the holy spirit within grows due to continual divine nourishment, it increases in stature and in divine power.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2015
[size=14pt]The power of the kingdom of God[/size]

1Co. 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

1Co. 2:4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,
1Co. 2:5 so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

The Christianity religion is so full of talking and talking, but the kingdom of God is known by power. When a senior member of the Christianity religion comes to a place, s/he talks and talks; but when a senior member of the kingdom of God comes to a place, s/he demonstrates the power of God. The reason why the senior member of the kingdom of God is able to demonstrate divine power is because the holy spirit in her/him has acquired significant power from the Holy Spirit of God.

A person with developed holy spirit within can destroy and overthrow the unholy spirit within her/him, and thereby live a holy life. S/he can do all manners of miracles.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by MuttleyLaff: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kei144:
Mk. 1:15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!”
God threw open His kingdom to mankind during the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Hallelujah

Kei144:
Unfortunately, up till this day, mankind has not understood what the kingdom of God is really all about.
All that mankind has been able to do is to form a religion that is about Jesus Christ.
Today, more than two billion people belong to the Christianity religion; but very few of these belong to the kingdom of God
Startling

Kei144:
What is the problem?
The problem is lack of understanding.
... and bad hermeneutics, misinformed teachers, bigots etc

Kei144:
Everybody talks about the good news or gospel, but very few understand that the good news is simply that God has thrown His kingdom open to mankind. Any person who understands and believes the good news should ask, how do I get in?

Read more: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/05/31/enter-the-kingdom-of-god-now/enter-the-kingdom-of-god-now.pdf

Kei144:
How to enter

Ac. 2:37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.
And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Col. 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

The first thing a person that wants to enter the kingdom of God must do is to repent. Repentance means to no longer set your mind on earthly things, but on the kingdom of God. The result of this paradigm shift is that you will begin to lose out in the things of the world and begin to grow in the spiritual life of God.

You now submit yourself to a minister of the gospel who will baptize you in water into the Lord Jesus Christ, so that Jesus Christ becomes your Lord. You commonly hear preachers say that people should receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and saviour; the proper way to do it is by baptism in water.

Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
Jn. 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit [Or but spirit] gives birth to spirit.

When you have been baptized in water, you have been born of water
With all due respects, this bolded part, out of misunderstanding is completely misleading
John 3:5's "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water"

It is has nothing to do with born of the flesh either (i.e. nothing to do with the breaking waters or amniotic sac at physical birth either)

One doesnt need to be dipped into water to enter the Kingdom of God

If you dispute the immediate above sentence, then research the Greek word used in John 3:5
It is "huetos" meaning "rain" or "rain water"
The word of God is like water (i.e. raining water)when the word of God rains on one, one gets borns into the Kingdom of God
Refer to Ezekiel 36:25-26, this is the connection to John 3:5-6 from where Jesus is alluding that one needs the to be born of water and the spirit
Even John 4:14 attests to this too

Please, if necessary, feel free to ask for clarity purposes, whatever questions, there may be, on John 3:5

Kei144:
it remains to be born of the Spirit. In order to receive the Holy Spirit, all it takes is to pray to God to give you the Holy Spirit (Lk. 11:13) and believe that you have received. The minister that carried out the baptism in water can also pray for the person baptized to receive the Holy Spirit, immediately after the water baptism (Acts 19:6)
Baptism in water is not a prerequisite to enter the Kingdom of God, some are already in it without baptism or being baptised.

Kei144:
Speaking in tongues is not a necessary indication that you have received the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is a spirit and the mouth that speaks in tongues is just flesh. Flesh and spirit do not often go together. A person who receives the Holy Spirit has been born into the kingdom of God.

Read more: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/05/31/enter-the-kingdom-of-god-now/enter-the-kingdom-of-god-now.pdf
Some, without the receiving the Holy Spirit are already in the Kingdom of God
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Hallelujah

Startling

... and bad hermeneutics, misinformed teachers, bigots etc

With all due respects, this bolded part, out of misunderstanding is completely misleading
John 3:5's "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water"

It is has nothing to do with born of the flesh either (i.e. nothing to do with the breaking waters or amniotic sac at physical birth either)

One doesnt need to be dipped into water to enter the Kingdom of God

If you dispute the immediate above sentence, then research the Greek word used in John 3:5
It is "huetos" meaning "rain" or "rain water"
The word of God is like water (i.e. raining water)when the word of God rains on one, one gets borns into the Kingdom of God
Refer to Ezekiel 36:25-26, this is the connection to John 3:5-6 from where Jesus is alluding that one needs the to be born of water and the spirit
Even John 4:14 attests to this too

Please, if necessary, feel free to ask for clarity purposes, whatever questions, there may be, on John 3:5

Baptism in water is not a prerequisite to enter the Kingdom of God, some are already in it without baptism or being baptised.

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

A person could enter the kingdom of God and crash out later. A person's membership of the kingdom of God becomes permanent when God adopts her/him as His son. Only one person has been adopted by God as His son; Jesus Christ! He is an example to us. He began His life in the kingdom when he was baptized by John the Baptist. Baptism of the Holy Spirit and anointing with power followed after. Don't be deceived by doctrines crafted by human beings. Look unto Jesus and you will never make mistake.

Some, without the receiving the Holy Spirit are already in the Kingdom of God

I am surprised that you believe that there are people who never received the Holy Spirit that are already in the kingdom of God. May be your idea of receiving the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.

Ro. 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by leke12(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
The surest and easiest way to enter heaven is to GO AND DIE. You don't need to beat around the bush. People wan go heaven but dem no wan die....lmao!
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by MuttleyLaff: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kei144:
1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

A person could enter the kingdom of God and crash out later. A person's membership of the kingdom of God becomes permanent when God adopts her/him as His son. Only one person has been adopted by God as His son; Jesus Christ! He is an example to us. He began His life in the kingdom when he was baptized by John the Baptist. Baptism of the Holy Spirit and anointing with power followed after. Don't be deceived by doctrines crafted by human beings.
If I were you, I'll be shy using the word adopted for Jesus, in that "adopted by God" phrase,
also I would rein in the unnecessary extravagant writing

Kei144:
Look unto Jesus and you will never make mistake.
Sauce for goose is sauce for gander. Would love if you practice what you've just preached.

Kei144:
I am surprised that you believe that there are people who never received the Holy Spirit that are already in the kingdom of God.
I am shocked, reading you saying I wrote "there are people who never received the Holy Spirit that are already in the kingdom of God"
How does this allegation marry with "John 3:5's ... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water"
and
"One doesnt need to be dipped into water to enter the Kingdom of God"?

Kei144:
May be your idea of receiving the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.
As you definitely know, speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit
and it can be a symbol of receiving the Holy Spirit,
however that be the case, 1 Corinthians 12:30 let us know that, not all speak in tongues,
when it asked: "Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?"

Acts 10:45-48
The Gentiles Receive the Holy Spirit
44Even as Peter was saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the message.
45The Jewish believerse who came with Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles, too.
46For they heard them speaking in other tongues and praising God.
Then Peter asked,
47"Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"
48So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days.

This line is, should in case you miss verse 46-47 refuting your stance

Kei144:
Ro. 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
I am surprised you are sticking to your dogma and still holding your stance
but OK let's rewind and do this orderly, let's try it one at a time

Here we are going back to John 3:5's where you posted "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..."
at which I responded with by saying that this (i.e. born of water) has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water"
and also added that one DOESNT NEED TO BE DIPPED INTO WATER to enter the Kingdom of God

I gave a few explanations and hints why John 3:5 has nothing to with "baptism in water"
so what EXACTLY are your justification(s) for water baptism in this dispensation?
Please be careful, think deeply and dont be in a haste to reply back...
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
If I were you, I'll be shy using the word adopted for Jesus, in that "adopted by God" phrase,
also I would rein in the unnecessary extravagant writing

Ro. 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
Ro. 1:4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God, by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

He. 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
He. 1:4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
He. 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? [Or have begotten you] [Psalm 2:7] Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”? [2 Samuel 7:14; 1 Chron. 17:13]
He. 1:6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” [Deut. 32:43
He. 1:7 In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.” [Psalm 104:4]
He. 1:8 But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the sceptre of your kingdom.
He. 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” [Psalm 45:6,7]

He. 5:11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn.
He. 5:12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!
He. 5:13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.
He. 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

The divinity that Jesus Christ possesses today, he inherited when God adopted him as his firstborn Son. The adoption took place after Jesus' death on the cross.

so what EXACTLY are your justification(s) for water baptism in this dispensation?
Please be careful, think deeply and dont be in a haste to reply back...

My justification for water baptism is that Jesus Christ, who is my model, went through it. Even though John the baptist tried to prevent Jesus from going through water baptism, Jesus insisted that he must fulfill all righteousness (Mt. 3:14-15). Jesus is my reference, not any pastor, neither any doctrine. I don't believe that there has been any new dispensation since the earthly ministry of Jesus. New dispensation will commence when Jesus comes for his own.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by MuttleyLaff: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kei144:

Ro. 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
Ro. 1:4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God, by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

He. 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
He. 1:4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
He. 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? [Or have begotten you] [Psalm 2:7] Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”? [2 Samuel 7:14; 1 Chron. 17:13]
He. 1:6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” [Deut. 32:43
He. 1:7 In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.” [Psalm 104:4]
He. 1:8 But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the sceptre of your kingdom.
He. 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” [Psalm 45:6,7]

He. 5:11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn.
He. 5:12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!
He. 5:13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.
He. 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
You can't hide behind rhetoric bible verses for long.
I warned you to desist from doing the unnecessary and unmeaningful extravagant bible verse posting or writing

Kei144:
The divinity that Jesus Christ possesses today, he inherited when God adopted him as his firstborn Son.
At what age was this divinity that "Jesus Christ possesses today, he inherited when God adopted him as his firstborn"?
Was it at birth?
Was it at age 33 before he died?
Or was it at age 33 after He died and resurrected?

Kei144:
The adoption took place after Jesus' death on the cross.
Are you saying Jesus was never God's Son before His death on the cross

Kei144:
My justification for water baptism is that Jesus Christ, who is my model, went through it.
Even though John the baptist tried to prevent Jesus from going through water baptism, Jesus insisted that he must fulfill all righteousness (Mt. 3:14-15). Jesus is my reference, not any pastor, neither any doctrine.
and you do know why He insisted. Right?
- He insisted because He is a Jew, and hence as a Jew to fulfil every related Jewish religious duty

At this point, allow me to remind you that, the bone of contention here, is you saying without baptism of water one cannot enter the Kingdom of God
This you inferred with John 3:5 and said: "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..."

Remember also I responded by saying that this (i.e. born of water in John 3:5) has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water"
and also added that one DOESNT NEED TO BE DIPPED INTO WATER to enter the Kingdom of God

In light of the few evidences put forward against it, you've been avoiding and evading countering them, so now what is your response to that?
Is "water baptism" a prerequisite to enter the Kingdom of God?

Kei144:
I don't believe that there has been any new dispensation since the earthly ministry of Jesus. New dispensation will commence when Jesus comes for his own.
Dont play the ignorance card here.

Dispensations come and go, even the Temple veil ripping in half is an example of an end of one dispensation under which certain rules or laws were suspended and the beginning of a new dispensation heralding in grace
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
You can't hide behind rhetoric bible verses for long.
I warned you to desist from doing the unnecessary and unmeaningful extravagant bible verse posting or writing

In light of the few evidences put forward against it, you've been avoiding and evading countering them, so now what is your response to that?
Is "water baptism" a prerequisite to enter the Kingdom of God?

Dont play the ignorance card here.

Dispensations come and go, even the Temple veil ripping in half is an example of an end of one dispensation under which certain rules or laws were suspended and the beginning of a new dispensation heralding in grace

1Pe. 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
1Pe. 3:19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison
1Pe. 3:20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
1Pe. 3:21 and this water symbolises baptism that now saves you also — not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience towards God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe. 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand — with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

I always go by the words of the Bible. I don't believe in any doctrine other than what can clearly be seen in the Bible. The above passage says that water baptism is important in the salvation process, which is the process of entering the kingdom of heaven. Even in Acts 10:45-48 that you quoted previously, where gentiles received the Holy Spirit prior to water baptism, water baptism was still administered to them. Water baptism may not have any wonderful spiritual impact on a person, but it does include a person into the name of Jesus Christ.

Incidentally, I have a particular testimony concerning water baptism. However, my experience can be regarded as a particular experience; it may not imply a general truth. In my second year in the university, I visited the Christian Union Fellowship (NIFES) of my university, following the advice of a friend who became born again. I had a wonderful encounter with God. For six weeks, I was moved by the Holy Spirit. Then my mother warned me against joining SU people; after the warning, I began to experience health and psychological crisis that eventually threw me out of fellowship with God's people. One month to my graduation, I followed another friend to Deeper Life Church; God once again manifested Himself to me in a great way and I decided within me that I will hold on to Jesus for life. Before long, my worldly friends pulled me back to their side. Then, two weeks to my degree exam, I began to have migraine headache that prevented me from reading. When one born again boy in my class got to know about my predicament, and my experience in Deeper Life, he prayed for me and I was healed that day. He sent his Deeper Life room mate to come and talk to me. I attended Deeper Life all through my degree exams and I was always filled with great joy and peace. The next month, I went for NYSC and I was such a wonderful Deeper Life Christian in camp. I was then posted to teach in a school. In my first month there, I was so much in the Spirit. Then I met a business man from my place and I began to enjoy riding with him in his car and he took me to all sorts of places. Before long, I fell out of Deeper Life and out of being born again. One month to the end of my NYSC, I learned that Christian corpers fellowship was going to hold at the residence of one female Yoruba corper (medical doctor) that was friendly with me, so I decided to attend. In that fellowship, God embraced me again and I was so full of remorse for my prodigality. There was this thought in me that I would soon move into the wider world and that if I backslid again, it may be difficult to recover me. I became worried bout my inability to remain in Christ continuously and feared that I might not make it to heaven. The next year, after my NYSC, I was baptized in the Deeper Life Bible Church. About one year after that, I was living in Lagos and I found myself in a situation where I did not attend any church service or Christian fellowship for up to six weeks, yet I knew in my heart that I solidly belonged to Jesus. Some years later, I wondered how I overcame the initial instability in my relationship with God and I traced it to my baptism in water. Apparently, there were some ancestral spirits that refused to allow me to be a born again. Water baptism separated me from those spirits; they no longer had power over my spiritual life, but they sorely troubled my worldly pursuits.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Actually, there is biblical explanation for the testimony that I presented in my last post.

Ro. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?
Ro. 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Adam entered into a covenant with Satan, by eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil from Satan. We all inherited this covenant, having been born as descendants of Adam. Water baptism is a rite of spiritual exit from Adam's lineage and initiation into the name of Jesus Christ. People who had some experience in mysticism will be able to tell you the importance of initiation ceremonies. Through water baptism, a person takes upon her/him by faith the death that Jesus died on the cross. This death by faith disconnects a person from Adam's and all ancestral covenants. Rising from the baptismal water is initiation or resurrection into Jesus Christ.

1Pe. 3:21 and this water symbolises baptism that now saves you also — not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge [Or response] of a good conscience towards God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Ac. 8:15 When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit,
Ac. 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptised into the name of the Lord Jesus.

1Co. 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptised into [Or in; also in verse 15] the name of Paul?
1Co. 1:14 I am thankful that I did not baptise any of you except Crispus and Gaius,
1Co. 1:15 so no-one can say that you were baptised into my name.

What about those who receive the Holy Spirit without water baptism?

He. 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
He. 6:2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

The first century Church clearly understood the particular roles of both water and Holy Spirit baptisms. Unfortunately, the knowledge of the roles of these baptisms were lost in the Roman Catholic Church, which took over from the early disciples of Christ. The popular belief in most new churches today is that only Holy Spirit baptism is necessary. My thinking is that once you decide to become born again, it is good to receive both baptisms. Each one plays an important role.
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by MuttleyLaff: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Kei144:
1Pe. 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
1Pe. 3:19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison
1Pe. 3:20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
1Pe. 3:21 and this water symbolises baptism that now saves you also — not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience towards God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe. 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand — with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

I always go by the words of the Bible. I don't believe in any doctrine other than what can clearly be seen in the Bible. The above passage says that water baptism is important in the salvation process, which is the process of entering the kingdom of heaven. Even in Acts 10:45-48 that you quoted previously, where gentiles received the Holy Spirit prior to water baptism, water baptism was still administered to them. Water baptism may not have any wonderful spiritual impact on a person, but it does include a person into the name of Jesus Christ.

Incidentally, I have a particular testimony concerning water baptism. However, my experience can be regarded as a particular experience; it may not imply a general truth. In my second year in the university, I visited the Christian Union Fellowship (NIFES) of my university, following the advice of a friend who became born again. I had a wonderful encounter with God. For six weeks, I was moved by the Holy Spirit. Then my mother warned me against joining SU people; after the warning, I began to experience health and psychological crisis that eventually threw me out of fellowship with God's people. One month to my graduation, I followed another friend to Deeper Life Church; God once again manifested Himself to me in a great way and I decided within me that I will hold on to Jesus for life. Before long, my worldly friends pulled me back to their side. Then, two weeks to my degree exam, I began to have migraine headache that prevented me from reading. When one born again boy in my class got to know about my predicament, and my experience in Deeper Life, he prayed for me and I was healed that day. He sent his Deeper Life room mate to come and talk to me. I attended Deeper Life all through my degree exams and I was always filled with great joy and peace. The next month, I went for NYSC and I was such a wonderful Deeper Life Christian in camp. I was then posted to teach in a school. In my first month there, I was so much in the Spirit. Then I met a business man from my place and I began to enjoy riding with him in his car and he took me to all sorts of places. Before long, I fell out of Deeper Life and out of being born again. One month to the end of my NYSC, I learned that Christian corpers fellowship was going to hold at the residence of one female Yoruba corper (medical doctor) that was friendly with me, so I decided to attend. In that fellowship, God embraced me again and I was so full of remorse for my prodigality. There was this thought in me that I would soon move into the wider world and that if I backslid again, it may be difficult to recover me. I became worried bout my inability to remain in Christ continuously and feared that I might not make it to heaven. The next year, after my NYSC, I was baptized in the Deeper Life Bible Church. About one year after that, I was living in Lagos and I found myself in a situation where I did not attend any church service or Christian fellowship for up to six weeks, yet I knew in my heart that I solidly belonged to Jesus. Some years later, I wondered how I overcame the initial instability in my relationship with God and I traced it to my baptism in water. Apparently, there were some ancestral spirits that refused to allow me to be a born again. Water baptism separated me from those spirits; they no longer had power over my spiritual life, but they sorely troubled my worldly pursuits.
Very interesting account.
It gives an empathetic understanding to why water baptism is very dear and sensitive to you.

Kei144:
Actually, there is biblical explanation for the testimony that I presented in my last post.

Ro. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?
Ro. 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Adam entered into a covenant with Satan, by eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil from Satan. We all inherited this covenant, having been born as descendants of Adam. Water baptism is a rite of spiritual exit from Adam's lineage and initiation into the name of Jesus Christ. People who had some experience in mysticism will be able to tell you the importance of initiation ceremonies. Through water baptism, a person takes upon her/him by faith the death that Jesus died on the cross. This death by faith disconnects a person from Adam's and all ancestral covenants. Rising from the baptismal water is initiation or resurrection into Jesus Christ.

1Pe. 3:21 and this water symbolises baptism that now saves you also — not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge [Or response] of a good conscience towards God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Ac. 8:15 When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit,
Ac. 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptised into the name of the Lord Jesus.

1Co. 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptised into [Or in; also in verse 15] the name of Paul?
1Co. 1:14 I am thankful that I did not baptise any of you except Crispus and Gaius,
1Co. 1:15 so no-one can say that you were baptised into my name.

What about those who receive the Holy Spirit without water baptism?

He. 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
He. 6:2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

The first century Church clearly understood the particular roles of both water and Holy Spirit baptisms. Unfortunately, the knowledge of the roles of these baptisms were lost in the Roman Catholic Church, which took over from the early disciples of Christ. The popular belief in most new churches today is that only Holy Spirit baptism is necessary. My thinking is that once you decide to become born again, it is good to receive both baptisms. Each one plays an important role.
I fully understand where you are coming from
but remember I took you up on your assertion that without water baptism, one cant enter the Kingdom of God

Also pointed out to you, that John 3:5's "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water" as you posted or claimed.

Do you agree that John 3:5's "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in physical or literal water"?
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Kei144(m): 7:46am On Jun 15, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Also pointed out to you, that John 3:5's "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in water" as you posted or claimed.

Do you agree that John 3:5's "... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." has nothing whatsover to do with "baptism in physical or literal water"?

Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

He. 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
He. 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made
the universe.

You believe that being born of water refers to the word of God raining on a person. Can you see what Jesus says Mk. 16:16? What exactly do you call word of God? Is it whatever your pastor says, or whatever any person calls "word of God"? Once again, I tell you that Jesus alone is my reference, and not any pastor, neither any doctrine.

Jn. 12:47 “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.
Jn. 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.
Jn. 12:49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.
Jn. 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by MuttleyLaff: 8:26am On Jun 15, 2015
Kei144:
Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

He. 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
He. 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made
the universe.
Not related to issue at hand

Kei144:
You believe that being born of water refers to the word of God raining on a person.
Can you see what Jesus says Mk. 16:16?
Bro can you for a second stick to John 3:5 and address what you wrote saying:
... no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water ..." means "baptism in physical or literal water"

I dont give a hooty about Mark 16:16 but more interesting in holding you accountable to what you wrote about John 3:5
and implying it has to with "baptism in physical or literal water"

Kei144:
What exactly do you call word of God? Is it whatever your pastor says, or whatever any person calls "word of God"?
The word of God has varied symbolisms, and the water in John 3:5 which in the original Greek text is "huetos", as in water, like as if rainy literally or figuratively is one of the symbols for the word of God.

Reiterating, John 3:5 contrary to your claim, has absolutely nothing to do with physical water for purification or ritual washings with physical water (i.e. not water baptism a la John the Baptist)

Kei144:
Once again, I tell you that Jesus alone is my reference, and not any pastor, neither any doctrine.
...and let me tell you, there is only one Pastor. Jesus. That Pastor and the word of God are my only references too.

Kei144:
Jn. 12:47 “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.
Jn. 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.
Jn. 12:49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.
Jn. 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”
Also not related to issue at hand
Re: Enter The Kingdom Of God Now! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
Kei144:

The first century Church clearly understood the particular roles of both water and Holy Spirit baptisms. Unfortunately, the knowledge of the roles of these baptisms were lost in the Roman Catholic Church, which took over from the early disciples of Christ. The popular belief in most new churches today is that only Holy Spirit baptism is necessary. My thinking is that once you decide to become born again, it is good to receive both baptisms. Each one plays an important role.[/size]

i don't like it when people throw blames without really investigating.

The catholic Church didn't lose anything of what was received from the apostles, whether on water baptism or laying of hands for the fullness of the spirit, everything is kept and still used today in the catholic church.

The problem with the new churches didn't come from the catholic church it came from a guy called calvin.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/09/15 / Non - Toxic Odourless Fumigation And Pest Control Services / Breaking News....is This The Rapture ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.