Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

ENTREPRENEURS: How To Start A Catfish Farm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ENTREPRENEURS: How To Start A Catfish Farm (469 Views)

Young Entrepreneurs? How To Come Up With Business Ideas / 7 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs. / Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ENTREPRENEURS: How To Start A Catfish Farm by Coldplayz2(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2015
“Kafayat Food Canteen (KFC) is draining my pocket. I can't continue to buy catfish pepper soup at this exorbitant price!” Yes I love catfish but the cost price is what I hate. As a young exploring bachelor, I hardly cook; perhaps the reason for Kafayat’s incessant increases on the price of her point and kill catfish pepper soup. Enough is enough! I decided to visit my friend who is a catfish farmer to help teach me the rudiment of growing catfish at a non-commercial size.

Olusola, my age-long friend, told me that raising catfish can be fun and exciting for me but it can be a very expensive experience if I don’t follow a few basic rules.

Rule 1

I should not overstock. He said that the stocking density of a table sized catfish is fifty cubic metre and for me to determine the number of fish to stock in any rearing facility, I should simply multiply the length and breadth and height (in metres) of the water by fifty. Overstocking according to him will create food shortage, reduced oxygen in water for the fish and these can lead to cannibalism among the stocked fish and water pollution.

Rule 2

Feed stocked catfish well. Catfish convert feed at an average yield of about 1 kilogramme of fish for every 2 kilogramme of feed. He advised that I should feed twice a day but warned me against overfeeding because feed is money. The best time to feed the fish is in the morning around 8 am- at this time dissolved oxygen levels have started to rise- and no later than mid-afternoon around
3 pm to allow for digestion during periods of Read More http://www.quickjobng.com/2015/06/how-to-start-a-catfish-farm-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Concrete Block Machine For Lease Or Joint Venture / Adult Literacy Education- Home Tutors In Ikeja,yaba,surulere,ikoyi,magodo Lagos / We’ll Work With CPC On Consumer Rights – Multichoice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.