Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Any Punishment For Scammers??? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Punishment For Scammers??? (513 Views)

Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Punishment For Scammers??? by Adema: 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
I got this mail from someone who's name is Attama Osmund Ikenna (osmundiyke@gmail.com) purpotedly coming from GTbank. Unfortunately for this guy my system was able to pick all his details including his Facebook page. Is there any punishment for people like this

GTBank Today at 8:58 AM
To
BCC

--
Dear Valued Customer.

Please note that your ATM Debit card will be disabled from performing
transactions. Pending the registration of your ATM card on our new
secure Zenith Bank/Interswitch platform as mandated by the Central
Bank of Nigeria(CBN).

Register Here:- http:///1GLBHMK

Please note that this registration is Mandatory.

YOUR ACCOUNT SECURITY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US, THEREFORE FAILURE TO
REGISTER YOUR ATM CARD WILL LEAD TO DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ATM CARD IF
NO RESPONSE TO OUR E-MAIL
Zenith Bank PLC © 2015.
Re: Any Punishment For Scammers??? by barry40: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
This type of email is becoming rampant in Nigeria. I don't think there is a week I will not receive one of such. At times, they use bank official domain name to perpetrate their scams. Of course, I won't be surprised if some of them are bank's staffs. What put me on enquiry was when I began to receive mails from banks I never opened an account with. What I will advise is that if you need to update any information, go to your bank physically.
As regarding if scammers can be punished, I say 'Yes'. You can report to EFCC but ensure you have all your facts accurate so that it won't turn out to be a false accusation; a case of hunter being hunted.

(1) (Reply)

Come And See For Yourself / Free Bulksms Seminar 2015 / Starting A Cucumber Farm Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.