Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself (55444 Views)

I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him / My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her. / Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by babygirlfl: 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
Men cheat because they get away with it.

Men cheat because the women do nothing about it. They just grin and bear.

Men cheat because they know our women are too scared to do anything about it.

Men cheat because our women do not have standards for a man. The only standard is if they can provide.

Men cheat because society does not frown at it.

The famous think about the children is a big scam. I wonder why the man does not think about the children. Why should he when he knows you will think about them. If 50% of women cheated on divorced their husband, any man that is about to cheat will think about the fact that there is a 50% chance of throwing their marriage away. They might think twice before cheating unlike now that it less that 1% chance of losing their marriage to cheating. Women until you take the bull by the horn to say we don't care what society thinks and walk away from cheating husbands especially serial cheats, cheating will sure continue to rise and women will keep enduring rather than enjoying their marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by fairygeh(f): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hmmm
Sweetie,u need to develop what is called a thick skin
You better don't kill yourself cos this ur husband you talking about will marry another new wife who will be a mother to ur kids.
That said, a man will always cheat irrespective of how sexy,beautiful whatever you are
What you gonna do is pray, be closer to God and see if ur husband would change
And if he doesn't, u better make your children your hubby,think of them only and never do anything silly.
Cheating in marriage cannot be ruled out except u see a man who is God fearing,men fall into temptations a lot. However sad, Most most ladies endure cheating cos of their children.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by prezy1(f): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
For the sake of ur kids just let it go, i know u cant forget just Forgive him. Try to PRAY FOR HIM DIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. killing ur self is not an option. my main advice for u is that 1. JUST MAKE UP UR MIND THAT U WILL GET HIM BACK IT MIGHT NOT BE THAT EASY COS HE HAS BEING DOING FOR LONG. 2. TRY TO HOLD AND CONTROL UR EMOTION. i know how u feel. THere is no perfect Marriage but we can make ur home be the best. Build ur home with prayer Proverbs 14:1. kiss
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by ameezy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
cheesy commit suicide and hell is ur nest home goodluck
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by xtervaganza(m): 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
chowlade:
Do it back to him. dont let him have a clue dat u did it
you're a low life
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
elantraceey:

Op please do not listen to this, two wrongs never make a right.

My heart bleed while reading your story and honestly I can't say I know how you feel but I seriously feel for you.

I thank God for your life that he could come at the right time to rescue you it simply means that all hope is not lost with your husband . I know it will be difficult to forgive and just forget it all but I know love conquers all , you can forgive him but first you need to ask him these questions.

Why did he cheat on you? ( For everything I believe there's a reason , whether it's from you or him, it could be something you don't know that push out, though it's no excuse but find out)

Is he ready to be faithful now?

It's one thing to say sorry and another thing to not go back to it , He could do all the begging and still go about cheating probably this time he'll make it more secretive so you need to know if he's ready to be genuinely faithful now, It will be difficult to trust him again but you'll just have to.

Then he'll need to change his friends, this might be difficult but I tell you if he still keeps his cheating friends, he's going to go right back to it and you know most politicians are womanizers , if he still continues to organize ladies for them then he's never going to stop cheating then delete the what app and Bbm from his phone, take charge of your marriage ma'am .

Please don't you ever think of committing suicide ever again , whenever the thought comes, just look at your kids and imagine what will happen to them, no man is worth dying for.

And also get a job asap, in case anything happens you'll not be at the losing end.

Why do I feel that job will be her escape. It may not be too positive an escape. If u know what I mean.

Ha! To trust in man is a snare.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by nwakaibeya1: 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
nwakaibeya1:
the challenge you have in your marriage is a serious spiritual problem promoted by evil marine spirits and this could be a problem caused by you unknowingly to you and this also could be a problem from your husband directly unknowingly to him and caused by him because many humanbeigns belong to this hidden nations and do not know and they are the people contending with Jesus christ and promoting evil in marriages and divorce and family evil wickedness and evil bondages in humanbeings and failures in businesses except you belong to their evil kingdom and know your way of appeal then you can escape and this are usually done in the night and thats why we call them night people,chameleons .now let us explain to you what this means :so many people are married to spiritual wives and husbands and the spiritual wife in the case of the husband is very jealous and will not give peace to the marriage of that husband in the physical world because she doesnt want to share her husband with a physical wife even though the man has children in the physical world and vice versa and same as the woman who has a spiritual husband but because those involved are usually blindfolded in the spirit they will never know or understand except in very rare cases and so many of these people mostly are in various churches and claiming to be born again and the pastors with them have no power to deal with the evil powers and hence they will be preaching and telling them God hates divorce when the woman is dead in silence and cannot be saved from this evil powers who are more powerful than the pastors and prophets who only appeal to those involved in some cases for relief creating the impression that there is no solution and they remain under heavy evil spiritual bondage and they cannot sleep at night nor have the commonest thing that real Jesuschrist promised to give to those who come to him which is peace and that's why they have no choice but to always dwell on prosperity and cage them with fasting and night vigil with so many message, sermons, topics that mean the same thing and interpretation spiritually but for how long will this deceit continue while they use the name of Jesuschrist to make merchandise of their bellies ? but behold we have the solution to deal silence finally the evil bondage with the light ,the mantle,the power that be which is available to us but highly unbelievable to humans of the world because we told them kingdom of God of justice has come and they will never believe because many humanbeings are bound to loss even the woman in question here will not agree to the solution if it is offered to her because so many humanbeigns are not market but watchout judgement has come upon the earth to expose and disgrace them finally and turn their honours to disgrace just now watch out if you don't see it physically you will see it spiritually but all will take place mainly spiritually because God is a spirit.Romans 11,21-22, Jeremiah 5.21,22, Mathew 13.13-14 dont forget ?those who are not bornagain are also in this and moslems and secular as well so do not be decieved you human beigns
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by matingo(f): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
My dear, u nd to wake up fast, marriage is not a bed of rose, not wat u read in novels. For me it's better to have a flirty husband than to have a nagging one, talking frm experience.
Cheers!
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by paulo220(m): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
chowlade:
how old re u? Cos u must not comment
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by kaybills(m): 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
chowlade:
. Don't be a monster...two wrongs don't make a right
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by okirewaju(f): 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
onadana:
[color=#006600][/color]

Some of this sayings is pure semantics....the issue with cheating is you will have a stable girl and sleep with her without a condom...she has a boyfriend...who she sleeps with and he obviously has another side chic....the cycle goes on and on.Now just imagine one in the circle has Hiv....well?
True this but cheating is a vice that has found it's way into the society.

Any advice? I'm here to learn as well
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by lastchild: 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
nickibarb:
Please help me. I'm drowning.

I am feeling very depressed right now. My marriage has been mainly peaceful and chaos free. I did my part, cared for my husband, cooked for him, was available to satisfy his sexual needs 24/7, prayed for him, dressed like I did when we were dating, kept my body in tiptop shape even after 2 babies via c/s, everyone around me testifies to that both men and women.

In the wee hours of sunday morning, I was playing around with his phone cause i couldn't sleep. I realised he had WHATSAPP and BBM apps, it was surprising cause I had tried to get him to download them repeatedly so we can send pics to each other but he refused. He said he wasn't interested in them, so I deleted mine. Like every curious cat, I wanted to see what he was up to on it since he didn't tell me that he had finally downloaded it.

I saw that he had been flirting with almost 10 different girls, had met up with some, given money to a lot of them (even though our finances have not been in tiptop shape, but i've been persevering cause I know it is temporary - I have a great job offer with a N200k salary post-nysc but they are not ready for me to resume work yet, so I have no income for now). Before I digress too much, the chat that hurt me the most was a girl who asked my husband to be sending her N30k a month or week, i'm not sure again (my eyes were blurred with tears), and then whenever he needs her, he should just tell her which hotel to check into. Funny enough, they all know he is married with kids, they even ask him about his baby in the course of their chat. Another one that broke my heart was a girl he asked to arrange 15 girls for a political event being hosted by his older politician friend and the girls should be ready to provide TLC for them afterwards. From the messages, it was clear that he slept with this particular girl after that event because she reminded him that the money she received is not a replacement for the one he is supposed to give her (i'm guessing after a previous sexcapade).

I am so heartbroken, I don't know what to do. I feel like I gave my marriage my all, I followed all the rules of a good wife, I read books, i don't know what I could have done differently. My husband told me everyday how much he was in love with me for the 2 years we dated prior to marriage (we've been married 2 years and 6 months). I saw no trait of promiscuity in him. I trusted him 100% so I never policed him concerning his whereabouts (it's not really in my nature to be like that). I never saw this betrayal coming so it has been very difficult for me to deal with this. I had an emotional breakdown on sunday night when he went for a meeting with the new governor of our state (he is related to him). He came home at midnight to see me unconscious. I woke up in a hospital, apparently I had overdosed on pills. At that time, I wanted to die to get away from my life, but now I didn't die, i'm happy he came home in time to rescue me. I mean he could have easily stayed out all night because it was a special day (post-inauguration celebration). I don't know how I could have thought of leaving my two little kids less that 2 years old. This man has made me CRAZY. If my family hears about this suicidal attempt, they will make me leave him immediately. My fear is, what happens to my little kids, I don't want another woman to come and maltreat them. We were legally married but not in Nigeria. I don't know if Nigerian courts would recognise our marriage certificate. I don't want to lose my kids. I feel like God has allowed a trial too great for me to handle to come my way. I feel like he over-rated my strength. I am just 27. Isn't it too soon for me to face this kind of life challenge? God knows I married this man out of love, not for money, my parents tried their best for me. They sent me abroad, that's where I met my husband, I didn't even know his family in Nigeria was relatively well-to-do. Some people say if your husband cheats on you, it's nemesis for what you did to other women's husbands. God knows I am innocent. I have tried to find out why my husband who says he loves me everyday, will go out of his way to flirt with girls and sleep with them, (it's not like it's all of them that are coming on to him, he is actually doing most of the chasing). He cannot give me a reason for it, he is just begging me to let it go. I have tried but I'm still hurting, i'm still obsessing about it. How can I heal? I don't want to die and leave my children. How can I stop this pain that is eating me up?

I have read all the articles I can find online about how to get past a cheating husband, it doesn't seem to help. I asked my husband if he used a condom and if I need to go and check for STDs. He is not able to answer me directly but says we can both go and get checked out. I feel like God has forsaken me and I don't deserve it. I have tried to be a good girl all my life. I need this pain in my heart to stop. I need to be sane again.
please what do you mean by TLC?
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by kakashi12(m): 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
matingo:
My dear, u nd to wake up fast, marriage is not a bed of rose, not wat u read in novels. For me it's better to have a flirty husband than to have a nagging one, talking frm experience.
Cheers!
no hard feelings but how does this help resolve her problem..

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by limamintruth: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
Well personally, i do not agree with the assertion that 'its man's nature to cheat'. Just because alot of men cheat doesnt automatically mean its a gender-based thing. I for one believe in the sanctity of marriage as a Christian. Lets learn to do to others what we want others to do to us please.
Cheating in marriage/relationship is not restricted to the menfolk alone. Remember these cheating men do the deed with ladies; & not fellow men. And while these ladies are into it primarily for the money/goodies, the men indulge in it mosttyms for the few minutes pleasure they get.
@OP, since you said your husband has apologised to you already & is now remorseful, i'l advise you give him a second chance and see if he will really keep to his word not to cheat again.
And if he dares go back to his usual philandering ways later on, its then you will have to divorce his unrepentant a..ss immediately. God bless! cool
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Let this be a lesson to you young and naive girls out there
Marriage is not the greatest achievement for a woman
The education your parents gave you and the common sense they instilled in you are
Don't make the mistake of this girl and allow a man treat your own parents as trash
If you let that be because you want to be seen a good and obedient wife,you have declared your whole family including yourself as trash
No man who disrespects your mother for no reason will respect you

I can understand being devastated but wanting to die?
Because of a man that sleeps with prostitutes?
You need a psychiatrist fast

This girl sees marriage as her greatest asset and has done everything so far including worshiping an MIL and allowing the disrespect of her own parents.
Learn from other people's mistakes
The foolish girls that contemplate dropping out of school to marry a money miss road should be reading this
If you give a man the impression that he rescued you by marrying you,he is free to treat you as he pleases

6 Likes

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by KanwuliaJara: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
SAMBARRY:
E no dey hard to know the women that have been highly battered and mentally abused by their husbands that they don't know what is normal again. You go fear consolation advice "you're lucky he still cares for you" Tufiaaaaaaaaakwa

KanwuliaJara come and see the normal every day stories again o grin

Thanks dear!
But I think I will waka pass! kiss
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by totalhouse(m): 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
oseod:

Ur intellect radiates ur beauty woman
May every other woman look like queen kong in your husbands eye
Your husband will have eyes for only you and will never give you cause to cry
May your husband be among the not all of them you mentioned

Oh....and if you're not married may I be the husband in the prayers cheesy
Oh, you dey use style dey scope and toast my Timothy, I will profile and google you. ..lol
Thanks for the compliments.She is a good wife material and a blessing/gift to would be husband. I'm not giving her out yet,she needs to have her masters first. ..whoever can wait wt necessary requirements shall be her prince charming. ..I heaaaar..case close
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
limamintruth:
Well personally, i do not agree with the assertion that 'its man's nature to cheat'. Just because alot of men cheat doesnt automatically mean its a gender-based thing. I for one believe in the sanctity of marriage as a Christian. Lets learn to do to others what we want others to do to us please.
Cheating in marriage/relationship is not restricted to the menfolk alone. Remember these cheating men do the deed with ladies; & not fellow men. And while these ladies are into it primarily for the money/goodies, the men indulge in it mosttyms for the few minutes pleasure they get.
@OP, since you said your husband has apologised to you already & is now remorseful, i'l advise you give him a second chance and see if he will really keep to his word not to cheat again.
And if he dares go back to his usual philandering ways later on, its then you will have to divorce his unrepentant a..ss immediately. God bless! cool

Thank you
The cheating men are most likely cheating with women who are also cheating on their men
So it's foolish for men to say men are entitled to cheat
These same girls are sleeping with their boyfriends,fiancé or husband and also sleeping with you and others
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by limamintruth: 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
prezy1:
For the sake of ur kids just let it go, i know u cant forget just Forgive him. Try to PRAY FOR HIM DIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. killing ur self is not an option. my main advice for u is that 1. JUST MAKE UP UR MIND THAT U WILL GET HIM BACK IT MIGHT NOT BE THAT EASY COS HE HAS BEING DOING FOR LONG. 2. TRY TO HOLD AND CONTROL UR EMOTION. i know how u feel. THere is no perfect Marriage but we can make ur home be the best. Build ur home with prayer Proverbs 14:1. kiss

So cos of her kids, she should endure & wait for the time when her unfaithful hubby later infect her with S.T.Ds/H.I.V right? undecided
Remember Jesus Himself permitted divorce on the ground of cheating. (Mathew 19:9) cool
However, i still stand by my earlier advise to the OP that she should give him another chance & see if his repentance is for real.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by SIRTee15: 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Prettydiamond:
diamond is not a title or somefn, diamond is my name!

OK undecided
Prettydiamond:
diamond is not a title or somefn, diamond is my name!

OK

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Eynosaintval(m): 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hmmm! Nice step! Pls go ahead and kill yourself darling.. Last year, my wife cheated on me, I committee suicide.. And died.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by haul: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
Bro everyone that cheat can't giv u a reason,is just a natural gene,we only trying to cage ourselves by whitemen format,men are naturally polygamous dont let us deceive oursef with lawful marriage,me nofit do legal marriage,even th days of bible dem dey do polygamy,our past elders praticed it,is evident in our environ-population.ladies are more than men according to population,even d bible make us know in isaiah that it will later be 7women to 1man this proves polygamy is d future,we man we also can't explain why we do it,its a reflex action, the best thing these ladies need to realise is,catchup with reality to know they need to accomodate other female and agree polygamy is here to stay,just my side of this whole thing
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by limamintruth: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Babymama1:

Thank you
The cheating men are most likely cheating with women who are also cheating on their men
So it's foolish for men to say men are entitled to cheat
These same girls are sleeping with their boyfriends,fiancé or husband and also sleeping with you and others

That is exactly my point. We forget that these runs girls dating married men are very smart. Thus in most cases, these girls maintain steady relationship aside their sugar-daddy relationship cos they well know that the married guys have almost zero intention of marrying them & are just with them solely for fun.
And unfortunately, their unsuspecting fiances/boyfriends will not know that their lovely girlfriends are cheating on them.
Infact, i'm tempted to assert that ladies may even surpass the men in the cheating game sef cos we have alot of married women that indulge in sugar-mommyism & infidelity in nigeria at present (speaking from personal experience myself).
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by astalavistababy(f): 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
Leave with your kids once u start that job. Tell both your family and his
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
limamintruth:

That is exactly my point. We forget that these runs girls dating married men are very smart. Thus in most cases, these girls maintain steady relationship aside their sugar-daddy relationship cos they well know that the married guys have almost zero intention of marrying them & are just with them solely for fun.
And unfortunately, their unsuspecting fiances/boyfriends will not know that their lovely girlfriends are cheating on them.
Infact, i'm tempted to assert that ladies may even surpass the men in the cheating game sef cos we have alot of married women that indulge in sugar-mommyism & infidelity in nigeria at present (speaking from personal experience myself).

I have no reason to suspect my hubby for instance
He has never given me any reason to doubt his fidelity and I can comfortably say that I trust him
But will I swear on that?
Absolutely not
I cannot vouch for anyone

The heart of man is desperately wicked the Bible says

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
haul:
Bro everyone that cheat can't giv u a reason,is just a natural gene,we only trying to cage ourselves by whitemen format,men are naturally polygamous dont let us deceive oursef with lawful marriage,me nofit do legal marriage,even th days of bible dem dey do polygamy,our past elders praticed it,is evident in our environ-population.ladies are more than men according to population,even d bible make us know in isaiah that it will later be 7women to 1man this proves polygamy is d future,we man we also can't explain why we do it,its a reflex action, the best thing these ladies need to realise is,catchup with reality to know they need to accomodate other female and agree polygamy is here to stay,just my side of this whole thing

Women!!
On your marks! Set!! Oya run from this guy!!!!!!!
Jst keep runnin and don't look back!!! Don't say I didn't warn u oo!!

..........unless he has money sha, then you're allowed to moonwalk.
Or *moonrun* depending on the size of his pocket grin
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Moana(f): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is the time to be focusing on your kids and making sure their set for life. It may be hard, but you have to do it. Never take your life over things that aren't worth it.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by elantraceey(f): 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
totalhouse:

Oh, you dey use style dey scope and toast my Timothy, I will profile and google you. ..lol
Thanks for the compliments.She is a good wife material and a blessing/gift to would be husband. I'm not giving her out yet,she needs to have her masters first. ..whoever can wait wt necessary requirements shall be her prince charming. ..I heaaaar..case close

That's my very own Paul talking cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by haul: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
oseod:

Women!! On your marks! Set!! Oya run from this guy!!!!!!! Jst keep runnin and don't look back!!! Don't say I didn't warn u oo!!
..........unless he has money sha, then you're allowed to moonwalk. Or *moonrun* depending on the size of his pocket grin
Bros over hoes.but wait, shey I no talk am well?
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by NobleG1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
nickibarb:
Please help me. I'm drowning.

I am feeling very depressed right now. My marriage has been mainly peaceful and chaos free. I did my part, cared for my husband, cooked for him, was available to satisfy his sexual needs 24/7, prayed for him, dressed like I did when we were dating, kept my body in tiptop shape even after 2 babies via c/s, everyone around me testifies to that both men and women.

In the wee hours of sunday morning, I was playing around with his phone cause i couldn't sleep. I realised he had WHATSAPP and BBM apps, it was surprising cause I had tried to get him to download them repeatedly so we can send pics to each other but he refused. He said he wasn't interested in them, so I deleted mine. Like every curious cat, I wanted to see what he was up to on it since he didn't tell me that he had finally downloaded it.

I saw that he had been flirting with almost 10 different girls, had met up with some, given money to a lot of them (even though our finances have not been in tiptop shape, but i've been persevering cause I know it is temporary - I have a great job offer with a N200k salary post-nysc but they are not ready for me to resume work yet, so I have no income for now). Before I digress too much, the chat that hurt me the most was a girl who asked my husband to be sending her N30k a month or week, i'm not sure again (my eyes were blurred with tears), and then whenever he needs her, he should just tell her which hotel to check into. Funny enough, they all know he is married with kids, they even ask him about his baby in the course of their chat. Another one that broke my heart was a girl he asked to arrange 15 girls for a political event being hosted by his older politician friend and the girls should be ready to provide TLC for them afterwards. From the messages, it was clear that he slept with this particular girl after that event because she reminded him that the money she received is not a replacement for the one he is supposed to give her (i'm guessing after a previous sexcapade).

I am so heartbroken, I don't know what to do. I feel like I gave my marriage my all, I followed all the rules of a good wife, I read books, i don't know what I could have done differently. My husband told me everyday how much he was in love with me for the 2 years we dated prior to marriage (we've been married 2 years and 6 months). I saw no trait of promiscuity in him. I trusted him 100% so I never policed him concerning his whereabouts (it's not really in my nature to be like that). I never saw this betrayal coming so it has been very difficult for me to deal with this. I had an emotional breakdown on sunday night when he went for a meeting with the new governor of our state (he is related to him). He came home at midnight to see me unconscious. I woke up in a hospital, apparently I had overdosed on pills. At that time, I wanted to die to get away from my life, but now I didn't die, i'm happy he came home in time to rescue me. I mean he could have easily stayed out all night because it was a special day (post-inauguration celebration). I don't know how I could have thought of leaving my two little kids less that 2 years old. This man has made me CRAZY. If my family hears about this suicidal attempt, they will make me leave him immediately. My fear is, what happens to my little kids, I don't want another woman to come and maltreat them. We were legally married but not in Nigeria. I don't know if Nigerian courts would recognise our marriage certificate. I don't want to lose my kids. I feel like God has allowed a trial too great for me to handle to come my way. I feel like he over-rated my strength. I am just 27. Isn't it too soon for me to face this kind of life challenge? God knows I married this man out of love, not for money, my parents tried their best for me. They sent me abroad, that's where I met my husband, I didn't even know his family in Nigeria was relatively well-to-do. Some people say if your husband cheats on you, it's nemesis for what you did to other women's husbands. God knows I am innocent. I have tried to find out why my husband who says he loves me everyday, will go out of his way to flirt with girls and sleep with them, (it's not like it's all of them that are coming on to him, he is actually doing most of the chasing). He cannot give me a reason for it, he is just begging me to let it go. I have tried but I'm still hurting, i'm still obsessing about it. How can I heal? I don't want to die and leave my children. How can I stop this pain that is eating me up?

I have read all the articles I can find online about how to get past a cheating husband, it doesn't seem to help. I asked my husband if he used a condom and if I need to go and check for STDs. He is not able to answer me directly but says we can both go and get checked out. I feel like God has forsaken me and I don't deserve it. I have tried to be a good girl all my life. I need this pain in my heart to stop. I need to be sane again.

For you to even cogitate committing suicide for that as*shole is reprehensible and st*upid!! Why would you be so selfish to hurt your children forever because of that id*iot you have as a husband? That's a sign of an irresponsible and injudicious mother! Didn't it occur to you that he is the problem, NOT you!

The man has no respect for you, he doesn't love you or give a sh*it about your feelings. He's a terrible cheater and liar, and will always be. He rushed you to the hospital simply because he didn't want to be accused of your death and not because he really loved you and doesn't want you to die!

You should have seized his phone and handed it over it to your lawyer and dumped his as*s in court with it as evidence! He would have paid dearly for it and court would have granted you full custody of the children! If you think he'll change, then you need to visit a psychiatrist immediately. You made an awful mistake letting him have his phone and the evidence. Now his cheating will be more hidden from you.

Remember, he's also a p*imp. He arranges prostitutes for politicians and also f*ucks them. Is that the epitome of "husband" you want? If you chose to continue being his "wife" after all these, then you deserve whatever you get in this crappy marriage! Most times money can make a woman stay in an execrable marriage. Are you one of them?

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Olaone1: 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
anonimi:
Before I even opened this thread, I checked your profile and saw your other thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2309230/ive-been-combing-consciencewas-wrong

The signs were there.
All the best.
Hmmm. Not all rosy. The bobo gonna marry more wives. Be ready undecided
Re: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by NobleG1(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
chowlade:

Stop giving terrible advice! If she cheats then she is no different from the man. It's better to leave a bad relationship than to cheat as a revenge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister / Woman Vomits Padlock, Delivers Turtle In Lagos - The Sun / Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.