Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Help! Having Problems Breathing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Having Problems Breathing (3606 Views)

Having Trouble Sleeping? This Breathing Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep In Less T / Pls Help....having Problem Of Remembering What I Read / Fontanelles:that Soft Breathing Spot On The Head Of New Born Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
Doctors in the House. Am actually having problems when breathing. It started a long tym ago and got worse like about 5 month to dis tym. I've gone to hospitals and was asked to run Test, but all the results (including X-Ray and ECG) were normal. But am still finding it difficult breathing well. Pls what could be d cause. Thanks in advance. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Cleodesign123:
Doctors in the House. Am actually having problems when breathing. It started a long tym ago and got worse like about 5 month to dis tym. I've gone to hospitals and was asked to run Test, but all the results (including X-Ray and ECG) were normal. But am still finding it difficult breathing well. Pls what could be d cause. Thanks in advance. [color=#000099][/color]
I'm not a doctor but do you feel pain when breathing?
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by danny301: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
If you can no longer breath, that one na die oo. ;On a serious note, back to hospital (I mean correct one), before it gets out of hand.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Datazone:

I'm not a doctor but do you feel pain when breathing?

No I don't, but when I want to sleep, it's more difficult because I feel as if something is blocking my airway, so I have to elevate my pillow and adjust myself to a better position several runs before I will be able to sleep
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Bola4mi(f): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
Cleodesign123:
sorry get aboniki,lemon and hot water.add 3tsp of lemon,aboniki in the hot water and drink it hot allow it to burn ur throat and rub aboniki all over ur face and ur neck,it painful but u wil be releived,if it didnt work i wil reccommend anoda home remedy again,but i pray it will work for u.sori
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 04, 2015
ASTHMA

How could any hospital miss that possibility
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2015
Bola4mi:
sorry get aboniki,lemon and hot water.add 3tsp of lemon,aboniki in the hot water and drink it hot allow it to burn ur throat and rub aboniki all over ur face and ur neck,it painful but u wil be releived,if it didnt work i wil reccommend anoda home remedy again,but i pray it will work for u.sori
Ok, lemme try dat, will update u soon.
Thanks a lot
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2015
sirman:
ASTHMA

How could any hospital miss that possibility

Well, that's what came to my mind, no but no result revealed dat, and I don't kno what it is yet, still in the dark o.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by tforever(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hmm this is a little serious.. Will get back to you.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
tforever:
Hmm this is a little serious.. Will get back to you.
Ok, am waiting. Thanks
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by tforever(m): 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
Cleodesign123:

Ok, am waiting. Thanks
hello the problem you have is called Pulmonary Emphysema.
This is characterised by the destruction of the little sacks (bronchi) in the lungs. Makes them smaller, hard and inelastic. This results in stale air accumulating inside them.

Symptoms
- Difficulty in breathing
- Coughing with phlegm

Causes
- Smoking
- Inhaling polluted air
- Certain nutrient deficiencies

Suggested Treatment
- Eliminate smoking
- Breath in clean and fresh air
- Take Vitamins A, C & E
- Take B-Complex
also there are some suggested supplements that will help you.
they include aloe gel, absorbent c , A beta care and royal jelly. for the products you can contact me on 08131195769 0r send me a mail tunde.badejo22@gmail.com stay blessed.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2015
tforever:
This is characterised by the destruction of the little sacks (bronchi) in the lungs. Makes them smaller, hard and inelastic. This results in stale air accumulating inside them.

Symptoms
- Coughing with phlegm

Causes
- Smoking
- Inhaling polluted air

Suggested Treatment
- Eliminate smoking
- Take Vitamins A, C & E
- Take B-Complex
they include aloe gel, absorbent c , A beta care and royal jelly. for the products you can contact me on 08131195769 0r send me a mail tunde.badejo22@gmail.com stay blessed.

Ok, thanks. I saw a doctor and I was made to kno that it's depression, excessive thinking a and being aware my own breathing, I was directed to make further research on d web trough dis addresses...http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/breathing-obsession/show/596019

......http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7953

The info I got on dis has really given me hope of moving on and be happy, the only solution,
Thanks for ur tym and concerns, God bless u in good health.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by upsonn(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=Cleodesign123 post=34398974]

No I don't, but when I want to sleep, it's more difficult because I feel as if something is blocking my airway, so I have to elevate my pillow and adjust myself to a better position several runs before I will be able to sleep[/quote

Increase your water intake per day to 10 to 12 sachet. Thank me later.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Cleodesign123(f): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=upsonn post=34728286][/quote]

Ok, I will.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by braveheart77: 2:45am On Mar 05, 2020
Did u totally revover? I seem to have this issue and it has gotten worse. I also have shortness of breath and rapid breathing when standing
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by braveheart77: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
I have this exact same issue. I have done ECG and Xray that came out normal. No Ortostatic Hypotension too. I met a Neurologist that said I may have Anxiety Disorder and he prescribed Anti Depressants for me.

How did you resolve yours pls
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 03, 2020
Hello to those who have this issue, please be vigilant.

Do you have trouble breathing after eating or when on an empty stomach? Have you had issues with ulcer in the past? Frequent gassing? Bloated stomach?
If yes to any of the questions it's highly likely your breathing problems come from chronic Acid Reflux Disease or GERD, or oesophagus inflammation (esophagitis) (Google this)
Episodes mimic asthma or heart attack. Panic as a result makes symptoms much worse.
If you have trouble breathing with symptoms described above, anything that can help you belch gas trapped in your oesophagus like antacids, raw aloe vera juice will give relief. Avoid acid producing foods. Always sleep with your head elevated, most of all, avoid anxiety.

braveheart77 your problem is most likely GERD. Antidepressants won't help.

Hope this helps someone.

*Coming from long time sufferer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by braveheart77: 7:11am On Apr 04, 2020
Ije004:

Do you have trouble breathing after eating or when on an empty stomach? Have you had issues with ulcer in the past? Frequent gassing? Bloated stomach?
If yes to any of the questions it's highly likely your breathing problems come from chronic Acid Reflux Disease or GERD, or oesophagus inflammation (esophagitis) (Google this)
Episodes mimic asthma or heart attack. Panic as a result makes symptoms much worse.
If you have trouble breathing with symptoms described above, anything that can help you belch gas trapped in your oesophagus like antacids, raw aloe vera juice will give relief. Avoid acid producing foods. Always sleep with your head elevated, most of all, avoid anxiety.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate

Bur if I had GERD, shouldn't the difficulty in breathing occur irrespective of position? I can breathe better when lying by my side.

However yes, when i eat, (unless very little), I feel bloated and can hardly breathe whether lying or standing.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 04, 2020
Cleodesign123:

Well, that's what came to my mind, no but no result revealed dat, and I don't kno what it is yet, still in the dark o.
Why not try an Inhaler, my sister suffered breathing problems for years and no hospital could detect she's asthmatic, Franol was recommended for her, half of it but the medicine is too powerful, it makes her very weak each time she takes it until it became less effective. One day on our way to church she collapsed, people where screaming and asking where is her inhaler, my father rushed to the store and bought it, we gave it to her and within a minute she started breathing well gradually. Very scary but that saved her life.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 04, 2020
braveheart77:

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate

Bur if I had GERD, shouldn't the difficulty in breathing occur irrespective of position? I can breathe better when lying by my side.

However yes, when i eat, (unless very little), I feel bloated and can hardly breathe whether lying or standing.

Take antacids once the breathing issue starts, wait 30mins or more, when you belch out or gas out, if you breathe better GERD is most likely.
NOTE: ANXIETY/PANIC ISSUES EXACERBATES GERD.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 1:18am On May 06, 2020
Ije004:

Hope this helps someone.

please explain further,,I don't understand.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Mightyhaiz: 5:50am On May 06, 2020
Are you on any corticosteroid medication?
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by braveheart77: 2:29pm On May 06, 2020
wealth25:

please explain further,,I don't understand.

GERD is likely the cause. It has symptoms of ulcer and acid reflux.

For my own, i even suspect a Hiatal Hernia, of which GERD is a symptom. Going for a check next week., an Endoscopy.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by braveheart77: 2:35pm On May 06, 2020
Ije004:

Take antacids once the breathing issue starts, wait 30mins or more, when you belch out or gas out, if you breathe better GERD is most likely.
NOTE: ANXIETY/PANIC ISSUES EXACERBATES GERD.

Magnesium Glycinate eases my symptoms too!!
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 06, 2020
braveheart77:

For my own, i even suspect a Hiatal Hernia, of which GERD is a symptom. Going for a check next week., an Endoscopy.
ok.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by olasco18(m): 7:46pm On May 07, 2020
braveheart77:

Am going Tru same too... difficult breathing from time to time... though am on antacid and antibiotics and Omeprazole
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 09, 2020
Bola4mi:
Please tell me another home remedy
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On May 10, 2020
Cleodesign123:

Is it possible the problem is mental? undecided If it is, it is not a bad thing and not to be seen as a fault of yours either.
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Rashforrd(m): 1:03am On May 10, 2020
Sir tforever
Sir please my roommate it's having a similar issue.He do take aminophylline and ventolin to calm down his breath... it's there any medical remedy to cure it or prolong it,it do happen to him when there it's temperature changes...
Thanks
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by Rashforrd(m): 1:08am On May 10, 2020
tforever:

Symptoms
- Coughing with phlegm

Causes
- Smoking
- Inhaling polluted air

Suggested Treatment
- Eliminate smoking
- Take Vitamins A, C & E
- Take B-Complex
Sir please reply your mention...
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by val15: 3:12am On May 10, 2020
Following
Re: Help! Having Problems Breathing by braveheart77: 11:27pm On May 10, 2020
I find that my lack of breathing when standing is caused by my poor posture. I just noticed i have a sway back. Will work on correcting this.

Gerd also contributes to the general breathing difficulty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drinking Your Urine Can Cure Ulcer Etc / COVID-19 Update For November 17 2021 In Nigeria / #coronavirus: See What A Nigerian Lady Found In Her House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.