Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. (2199 Views)

Amateur and Aspiring Video Editors Lets Meet Up!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Bigajeff(m): 12:51am On Jun 04, 2015
Yes, its time to step up our video editing skill. Which software do you consider best apart from Adobe. Let other editors learn from you and tell us what is unique about your best video editing software.

I use corel Video Studio X7 to edit this music video work which was directed and shot by me, including the color grading. You can watch here:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Fe6ClAp8A

1 Like

Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Briareos(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2015
The best video editor for you is the one on your PC that you are very skilled at.
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Chanteh(f): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
HELP!!!

Please I need a little help with my premiere pro 2
I can't hear the audio on the timeline but meters indicate I have sound.
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Amhatu(m): 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
For Me as mostly a linux user i use kdenlive,Avidemux & Cinelerra.

They come with a learning curve but once you use them regularly its not so bad.
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Briareos(m): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
Chanteh:
HELP!!!

Premiere Pro 2?
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Briareos(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
Amhatu:
For Me as mostly a linux user i use kdenlive,Avidemux & Cinelerra.

They come with a learning curve but once you use them regularly its not so bad.

I swear to Buddha, I've never heard of these editors before...
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by prof800(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
Chanteh:
HELP!!!

hmmm...
Maybe you have "shied" the audio layer. Click on the audio icon (eye) in front of the layer timeline to turn it on or off.

PP2 is really old but it was what I first used back then.
Also, you can try to get a better version of premiere pro like CS4-6. So you'll not miss out on some cool features. wink

1 Like

Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by medamillion(m): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
Great editors in the house, please kindly enlighten me on color grading...I use Adobe Premier Pro CS 5.5

Secondly, I need tip on how to edit an audio, I find it hard removing background noise from my clip
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by prof800(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2015
medamillion:
Great editors in the house, please kindly enlighten me on color grading...I use Adobe Premier Pro CS 5.5

Secondly, I need tip on how to edit an audio, I find it hard removing background noise from my clip
Color grading can be done on PP CS 5.5 but it brings little noise after rendering. You will need After effect or some dedicated plug-ins for professional color grading.
here is a tutorial by a nairalander for you: CLICK: https://www.nairaland.com/1929075/two-point-lighting-color-grading

As for the audio, there are special audio editing suites that can help reduce background noise like adobe audition.

But you can still rescue the sound in Premiere pro.
To reduce noise:
Right click on the audio layer.
click on "audio gain".
From the dialogue box that appears click on "normalize maximum peak".
Adjust the db to a value where the real sound is present. e.g if u see a peak at -8db and noise at -10db. Set max peak to -8db.
Increase the overall volume of the audio clip by raising the yellow rubber band to the highest.
Finish!
(this is how I do mine but there may be other methods which I don't know)

1 Like

Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
prof800:

Color grading can be done on PP CS 5.5 but it brings little noise after rendering. You will need After effect or some dedicated plug-ins for professional color grading.
here is a tutorial by a nairalander for you: CLICK: https://www.nairaland.com/1929075/two-point-lighting-color-grading

As for the audio, there are special audio editing suites that can help reduce background noise like adobe audition.

But you can still rescue the sound in Premiere pro.
To reduce noise:
Right click on the audio layer.
click on "audio gain".
From the dialogue box that appears click on "normalize maximum peak".
Adjust the db to a value where the real sound is present. e.g if u see a peak at -8db and noise at -10db. Set max peak to -8db.
Increase the overall volume of the audio clip by raising the yellow rubber band to the highest.
Finish!
(this is how I do mine but there may be other methods which I don't know)

There is no proof what you have just said about the noise in premier pro. Although all my grading needs are now done on davinci reslove.
Re: Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. by Mimimaidservice(f): 11:38am On May 26, 2017
We seek to Hire a Digital Producer/Editor This individual will be responsible for overseeing the production of original video, audio, and written content. This person should also have a deep understanding of video as well as text and image editing chops. The preferred candidate should be able to produce packages quickly and direct both on and off-site shoots. An ideal candidate would have a strong background as a shooter/producer.
Experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred. Content writing/Creation
Experience working in a deadline oriented environment focused on quick turnarounds required.
Experience in mentoring emerging producers required.
The job location is in Lekki, Lagos and this position requires the candidate live within the city.
Responsibilities
• Leads production teams in the creative development, production, preparation, and delivery of original segments for broadcast, digital video, and social media channels.
• Ensures the selection of content and highlights are consistent with our viewer trends ability to drive content to where the audience is while applying sound editorial judgment.
• Fully understand the technical process in which our content is delivered to our fans and have the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems.
• Produces and assembles production elements for on-line features and teases.
• Prepares scripts and timings for sophisticated program elements.
• Performs pre-and-postproduction digital video editing and 'voice over' sessions
• Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative, compelling and feasible segments or original programs for digital media.
• Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned programs; determines the agenda and tone of the segment.
• Coordinates with the editorial staff to write compelling stories.
• Applies considerable knowledge of story ideas and develops concepts to use for assigned segments.
• Leads or participates with assigned multimedia production team(s) in the creative development, production and preparation of multimedia features, either for online, marketing/sponsorship or other emerging technologies within the Digital Media space i.e. mobile, downloadable audio and audio-visual broadcasts.
• Mentors less experienced members of the team.
• Oversees or participates in in-house post-production activities.
• May acquire available video content for use by sites.
• Edits available footage for insertion into sites and stories.
Edits and approves News articles for online platform
Basic Qualifications
• At least 5 years of progressively complex related digital media, studio or related production experience.
• Degree with emphasis on Digital Media production preferred or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and on-line content management systems.
• Must be proficient in on-line editing and ENG Camera.
• Has an established ability to create and produce compelling news stories; generates and executes story ideas, from concept to execution.
• Has excellent production skills related to livestreaming and capturing events
• Has solid appreciation of popular culture, e.g., “what’s cool” and assists with defining the tastes of our viewers.
• Has a strong appreciation and knowledge of Business, news and tourism
• Has understanding of the social web, including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Well versed in memes
• Experience in running productions on location
Required Education
• A degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ post NYSC professional experience.
if you qualify for this position, Please send your resume with cover letter to chillyjulix@yahoo.com on or before the 30th of May 2017.
Please Only qualified candidates wold be contacted.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Artist Needed Asap! / Which Is Better For A Budgeted Target Nikon D40, D60 Or Nikon 3000? / Dell Inspiron 5521 (1TB, 15"touchscreen, Intel Core I7, Etc) FOR SALE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.