Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD (3067 Views)

Hands On Review Of Infinix Zero 3 / My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly / Will You Like A Sleek, Strong And Kelvar Phone? Wait For #thenexthero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by ArchFreelancer(m): 3:29am On Jun 04, 2015
As Infinix zero 2 launches today, it's safe to say that Infinix Mobility has really come to stay in Africa and Nigeria in particular. I am a member of Infinix X-club in University of Nigeria Nsukka and recently got a chance to feel the unreleased version of the Phone. I'm sorry this review is coming late but una know now, school wahala. If you're ready let's go. The Infinix zero 2 could be the next mobile HERO, but before then let’s see why and how.

Design
The Infinix zero 2 device is not covered with glass sported on the Infinix Zero but covered with highly resistant KEVLAR in diagonally designed patterns which makes a hugedifference between the original Infinix zero and its successor (Infinix Zero 2) and nowmakes the device rough and tough when it comes to its back cover. I did a flame test to prove it's resistance. It's a beast! The phone is also very light. In actuality it weighs just slightly lighter than a 60 leaves notebook. Yeah! You read right!
In terms of sleepless and class, The Zero2 beats Zero hands down. It's something you will want to show off.

DISPLAY & PROTECTION
The display screen size of the Infinix Zero 2 is AN same as its predecessor. It is packed with A 5.0 inches IPS, HD AMOLED screen WHICH have 720 x 1280 pixels resolution with 294 PRICE pixel density just like the Infinix Zero. THE screen of the Zero 2 is protected with A Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which protect the
screen from serious scratches and should
help prevent even more cracked screens. Hopefully, they would have fixed the issues that plagued the Infinix zero. It is worth noting that the home, back, and menu buttons are all on screen. This is so as to reduce bezel space and increase screen real estate.
A minor issue is that finger prints stay on the screen and need to be wiped off often.
Colour
The Infinix Zero 2 is coming in limited color variant of Black & Red.

Camera
The rear camera of the Infinix Zero has received slight improvements from that of the Infinix Zero. However its front camera has been bumped up to 5 mega pixels that beats the clearness of that of Infinix Hot Note. All other featured remain the same.
Operating System
The Zero 2 runs on Android 4.4 KitKat Of. . The
KitKat OS is considered not too bad for this
new device with an upgraded RAM & ROM
compared to its predecessor.

Processor
The Infinix Zero 2 comes with an Octa-
Core processor of 2.0GHZ which is a great upgrade from its previous 1.4GHz,
MTK 6592 chipset, Mali 450-MP4 GPU.

Memory and RAM
The internal memory of the Infinix Zero 2 is 16/32GB with an expandable SD card slot that supports memory card up to 64GB with 2gb of RAM for it to keep things running smoothly as much as possible. Infinix realizes that in the world where smartphones now possess 2Gb-4GB RAM, 1GB is a bad omen for its next product.

Connectivity & Sensor
The Infinix Zero 2 packs standard connectivity options like: WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, FM Radio, USB, Bluetooth v4.0, USB OTG andGPS and also supports Dual SIM functionality. It is also installed with Proximity, Gyro and Light Sensor.

Battery
Battery is one of the important part of any smartphone. Smartphones with poor battery life does not suit regions where power supply isn’t stable, that can be a little frustrating. Latest smartphones are expected to possess a larger capacity of battery to make users enjoy more hour of usability. The Infinix Zero 2 comes with a 2300mAh Li-Ion battery pack which is a way larger than that of itspredecessor. However, with 2GB ram, 2.0GHZ clockspeed, and an octacore, it is at best mediocre even though it's better than its predecessor. Let's hope we don't have hearing issues as we did with Infinix Zero. A free powerbank would have been better.

Other Features
Other features of this device include pre-installation of BBM, Gmail, Gtalk, Google, Youtube, Flash Share, Facebook, Palmchat, battery management app, Asphalt 6, document viewer and editor amongst other popular apps. It also features Messaging capability like SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail with a HTML5 browser.
With all these improvements in place, definitely the next mobile hero in mobile world as far as midrange Smartphone is concerned is in the world where the Infinix zero 2 stands out.

OVER TO YOU ; What would be your take on this device
when its finally launched today?

Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by ArchFreelancer(m): 3:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Sceeenshot

Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by prince4pro(m): 4:07am On Jun 04, 2015
Observing
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by michhitman(m): 6:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Inote pro all the way....

1 Like

Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by udemejack(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2015
did i hear you mention finger print? . . Or was misquoted?
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by ArchFreelancer(m): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2015
udemejack:
did i hear you mention finger print? . . Or was misquoted?
The one I handled had finger print
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by udemejack(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2015
ArchFreelancer:

The one I handled had finger print
lie of the century

1 Like

Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 04, 2015
What's the price
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Naijasingleguy: 1:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Front page things jooor
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Naijasingleguy: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
WHAT IS THE PRICE?? THAT'S THE MAIN THINGGGGG!!!!
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Warlord3000(m): 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
Not bad... Not perfect either... *yawns outta thread*
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by ArchFreelancer(m): 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Naijasingleguy:
WHAT IS THE PRICE?? THAT'S THE MAIN THINGGGGG!!!!

Till it's released. It shouldn't be more than N30,000 though.
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
Yes, we need to know the PRICE of the phone oh
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by BluePearls(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
I'll pass!

1 Like

Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Realtol(m): 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
The battery is still not okay. I expected nothing less than 4000mah but I have been disappointed again by Infinix.
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
#36K
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by lescey(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
helenmi:
#36K
its cost ooooooooooo, na wa o
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Hotdiamond(m): 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
@op one question.
How does on-screen navigatiom keys improve display real estate?
Cos from the picture you posted
It shows that bottom bezel is enough to put two rows of navigation keys. Hence rendering the idea of on-screen nav buttons futile?.
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Infinix is a crappie company

♏suffering my infinix hot now
Re: Hands-on Review Of Infinix Zero #thenexthero/ INFINIX X509 DISCUSSION THREAD by BluePearls(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
i dont understand why infinix would include on-screen navigation keys on the Zero-2. That was a big turn-off for me.

(1) (Reply)

Oppo A93 Vs TECNO Camon 16 Premium / Difference Between Network Data Plans And SME Data You Don't Know / Android Apps You Have To Download In September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.