Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? (12490 Views)

Train Cuts Off Woman's Leg At Urrata, Aba, Abia State (graphic Picture) / African Migrants Sold In Libya ‘slave Markets’, Says IOM - BBC / Yoruba Speakers In High Demand In London’s Luxury Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by Jovago: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2015

Widely referred to as Enyimba city, Aba is major urban settlement and the commercial nerve-cen­tre of Abia State, Nigeria. Established by the Ngwa clan of Nigerian Igbo people as a market town, a notable feature of the city is the regularity of markets in all corners of the city which provide tourists and visitors with a wide range of commodities. If you are visiting Aba, and you are looking to do some shopping or just want to spend a day wandering about, hopefully finding a few bargains along the way, Jovago.com presents the best markets in Aba to explore.

Ariaria International Market

Ariaria International Market is one of the widely held markets in Nigeria and Africa at large. Referred to as the China of Africa, traders come from across Africa to buy goods for resale in their countries. Not only are imported goods sold in the market, certain products sold are manufactured locally, even within the market. These products manufactured, ranging from fashion to home items, are usually of high quality and are comparable to those from advanced economies. However, you’ll need all your bargaining skills to get a really decent price.

Ngwa Road New Market (Ahia Ohu)

As the name implies, Ngwa Road New Market referred to as Ahia Ohu by the locals, is situated at Ngwa Road in Aba South LGA. You will find both junk and gems in this market. A base for Okirika (fairly used) products imported from various parts of the world, it is famous for its really cheap designer clothes and reputable brands that have been rejected from export, either because of surplus quantity or minor manufacturing defects. A small section of the market also offers art, crafts, groceries and perishable food items, including meat and vegetables.

Nsulu Market:

Nsulu Market is sited opposite School of Health in Aba South Local Government of Abia State. Originally an old market where life goats are marketed in a very high quantity. It now offers textiles including beddings, cotton fabrics, etc. There are also tailors located around the market who design clothes for buyers from the market.

Salad Market/Railway Station

This is a mini- market for salad/ vegetable groceries located close to Aba railway.The market has specialty vendors selling fresh vegetables (imported and local), spices, some frozen foods and many other locally grown foods. More than 100 vendors populate the market.

Cemetery Market/ Eziukwu Market:

Located in Eziukwu Village, Cemetery Market, alternatively known as Eziukwu Market, is one of the oldest markets in Aba and is abuzz with all class of shoppers, all swarming around its stalls. Although particularly known to be a major depot for stockfish, the traders in this market sell an eclectic mix of goods from local farmers, artists and craftspeople. Shop here for local and foreign clothing, gifts as well as furniture, lighting and more.

Ekeoha Shopping Plaza

One of the oldest market in the East and Southern region of Nigeria, it is located close to Aba Town Hall in Aba South L.G. A. It is largely known as the market where all kinds of clothing fabrics are sold, including lace, cotton, leather and even some cultural materials. It is also notable for sales of electronics, including parts and accessories.

School Road/York Street Mini Market

Referred to as “small but mighty” by the locals, this mini-market is located in Aba South Local Government Area of Abia State, it is the go-to market for buying and selling of quality Okirika (fairly used) items of clothing. Featuring a number of adjoining retail markets with many stalls, it is open every day of the week, excluding Sundays.

St. Michaels Roadside/Mini Market

This market is where you can buy gadgets and their accessories, both new & old ones. Although a mini market, there quite a number of stalls scattered all over the place. On entering the market, you are bound to be accosted by one or two salesmen who will implore you to visit their stalls.

Waterside Cattle Market

Although not large, this is one of the oldest and most popular markets in Eastern Nigeria. The market located in Ogbor Hill found in Aba North Local Government Area of Abia State features blocks of slaughter rooms/houses where animals are slaughtered and sold to wholesalers, retailers and final consumers . It is the base for the buying and selling of meat in the city, and is sometimes patronized by meat vendors from nearby cities.

Alaoji Motor Parts Market

This is a very prominent market in Aba. Having existed for a long time, it has maintained a significant role in the development of the city as scores of buyers come from various regions in the country to buy products from the market. Aside from being a base for all kinds of motor parts, accessories and auto mechanics, the market harbors professionals and skilled mechanics who repair and handle automobiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by hankinlagos(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2015
How is the hair extension in these market? I'd like to know more about the hair extension hot sold in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by peacetravel(m): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
hankinlagos:
How is the hair extension in these market? I'd like to know more about the hair extension hot sold in Nigeria.

Are u in Nigeria
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by hankinlagos(m): 3:25am On Jun 17, 2015
No, I am not in Nigeria. I am in China and want to know more about the market of this kind product in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by peacetravel(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by aghr(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nice one, i believe Nigeria has huge potential to trade. Markets like Ariaria markrt of Aba virtually supplies most major markets in Nigeria and even export to neighboring countries. I also believe as much as the potential is there, Aba still need more to do in order to stamp its feet as the 'China of Africa' heres a report on how Aba can truly be the 'China of Africa'
www.nairaland.com/2651831/aba-really-china-africa#38791154
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by ManiPaul: 7:52am On May 01, 2016
Please I want to get directions to any market in Aba where I can buy tailoring equipment and textile materials of all kinds (including bale materials). Please treat ASAP. I am currently in Delta State
And please, do you have an idea of how much a bale of material is?
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by hormolajah(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
peacetravel:
Ok

Bro.. Which of these market can i get clothing materials for POLO, VERTSITY JACKET OR JOGGERS
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by ishallaber: 10:09am On May 02, 2017
some of the best home improvement accessories are now finally available at myloweslife.com which are much cheap as compared to the one's available at home depot.
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by sayo147(f): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
ManiPaul:
Please I want to get directions to any market in Aba where I can buy tailoring equipment and textile materials of all kinds (including bale materials). Please treat ASAP. I am currently in Delta State
And please, do you have an idea of how much a bale of material is?
Hello, were you able to find the market? I am in dire need of original and affordable silk and some other textile materials as well. Your response would be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by idikaep: 2:31pm On May 03, 2018
hormolajah:

Bro.. Which of these market can i get clothing materials for POLO, VERTSITY JACKET OR JOGGERS
Hello, where you able to find the materials. Could you reach me on 08032089062. Thanks
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by chemberlin(m): 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
Good day NL's..Please i am looking for a good place to go in Aba to buy good quality senator materials and italian stock materials for my wife who wants to go into the business..Am looking for a major dealer who i can be buying different designs and colors from directly from Aba and transport them here in Osogbo..Please if you know more about it or know anyone in Aba who is into it chat me up 09054585759
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by manyoko350(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
Enyimba city obodo oma
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by manyoko350(m): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Pls I need to be connected with a dealer in Aba that can supply me materials( plain and pattern) of different design
Chat on WhatsApp 07035022924
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by Akjoti: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hi, pls i need contact of anyone selling male fabrics in aba, fabrics like plain and pattern,senator,atiku, suit fabrics.....etc.thanks
Re: Do You Know Any Of These Aba Markets? by Peacediya: 11:18am On Oct 05, 2022
Good day. Please I'm looking to start selling affordable thrift wears, where is the best place to source for them? I'm in Port Harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

Ibom Air: Akwa Ibom Airline To Launch – Governor Emmanuel / NRC E-Ticketing: Nigerian Railway Corporation Starts Test Booking For ETicketing / Pls Who Can Help Me With The Cost Of Travelling To Gambia By Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.