Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Man Stuns Doctors By Playing His Guitar During Brain Surgery (photos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Stuns Doctors By Playing His Guitar During Brain Surgery (photos (629 Views)

Man Playing With Snake In Front Of Children In Zamfara (photos) / This Young Guy Died Playing Music With Earpiece On The Road (graphic Photo) / Photos: Handsome Man Turns Into Old Woman After Sex Change Surgery Went Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Stuns Doctors By Playing His Guitar During Brain Surgery (photos by ohafiaboi(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
A Brazilian man stunned doctors by playing The Beatles song 'Yesterday' on his guitar while having brain surgery.Anthony Kulkamp Dias, 33, was conscious during his operation to remove a tumour and played the instrument for the surgery team.

Mr Kulkamp, a bank worker, also played some Brazilian country songs during the procedure last week at the Nossa Senhora de Conceição Hospital in the southern state of Santa Catarina.

Mr Kulkamp, who played guitar professionally for 20 years, discovered the tumour 15 days after his son was born.He told Brazilian news website G1.

'I played six songs at determined moments,''My right hand was a bit weaker because that was the side that they were operating on. So I stopped and rested.'I was interspersing songs and talking with them.
Playing the guitar and chatting allowed doctors to safely map Mr Kulkamp's brain while awake to avoid injury that could compromise important brain functions.

'While it surprised everyone, the surgery was performed,'His serenade allowed doctors to avoid hitting areas of his brain that control senses, movement and speech.a spokesman from the hospital said

source:www.tweedybee.com

Re: Man Stuns Doctors By Playing His Guitar During Brain Surgery (photos by Lobolintin(m): 2:05am On Jun 05, 2015
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Post-utme Past Questions / Nigerians Nabbed For Kidnapping For Ransom In Bulacan / "10 Things Men Must Never Say To A Woman"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.