Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet (1909 Views)

New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Apocalypse NOW! Shocking Photos Of Mankind's Destruction Of The Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:22am On Jun 05, 2015
[img]http://www.planet-wissen.de/natur_technik/weltall/mars/img/mars_rot_ddp_g.jpg[/img]
Ever before robots were sent to our close neighbour Mars, we've always been curious to know what exists outside our planet and what life will be like on other planets. So many questions have been raised and some answers have been given, some of which could be mere fiction or hypothesis-like the Aliens...gosh! But below is a compilation of established facts from the exploration of the Red planet.

First fact: Mars is the only known planet occupied only by robots....lol....i just had to chip that in somehow.
ok the facts below;

1. Mars atmosphere is made up mainly of carbondioxide. It also has different gases including oxygen but these gases are in little volume.

2. It is referred to as the Red Planet because of its reddish colour when viewed from the outside (of the planet). This reddish colour is as a result of rusted Iron in the planet's dust particles.

3. It is a desert planet because due to its cold and thin atmosphere, water can't remain on its surface for a long time.

4. Its cloud is made up of oxidized Iron dust. The dust storms in Mars are the largest in the solar system as it can cover the planet for months.

5. It sometimes snows in Mars. But the snow is made up of carbondioxide as compared to water on earth.

6. Mars has the highest Mountain in the solar system. Olympus Mons is 3x bigger than Mount. Everest and it is equally the largest volcano known on any planet in the solar system too.

7. Mars has two moons *winks* named Phobos and Deimos with Phobos destined for destruction due to its short life-span.

8. Mars had water in the past. This is after the discovery of water canals/channels on the planet and also the finding of some rocks that could only form in the presence of water.
Presently, there are traces of of frozen water at the poles and at other locations on the planet.

And Lastly: There are no Aliens on Mars!
source: http://edscienceblog..com/2015/06/mars-what-we-know-about-red-planet.html
drop comments on the source blog too...abeg wink
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2015
cc: lalasticlala angry grin
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by jamex93(m): 12:36am On Jun 05, 2015
wao

so sweet

I don go mars b4
I have 2badroom flat in mars

grin
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:48am On Jun 05, 2015
jamex93:
wao

so sweet

I don go mars b4

I have 2badroom flat in mars

grin
see you...have you read how one would die trying to go to mars?
read it here http://www.popsci.com/how-youll-die-mars
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by JOACHINpedro: 1:56am On Jun 05, 2015
Cool...bt hw was d planet formed?
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2015
cc Ishilove fp pls
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 9:47am On Jun 05, 2015
MrPresident , johnydon22 , Feraz , Rilwayne001 , Misogynist2014
guys come on in here! smiley
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by sinaj(f): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
hmm kul smiley
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by austinbrown: 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lies
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
austinbrown:
Lies
how do you mean?
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 07, 2015
issorit
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by KingTom(m): 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
This is what I love reading, this is fantastic cool Those who drew up alien theories should rest grin
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
KingTom:
This is what I love reading, this is fantastic cool Those who drew up alien theories should rest grin
hehe..abi now?
thanks for stopping by
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by KingTom(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
RobinHez:
hehe..abi now? thanks for stopping by
No problem grin

1 Like

Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by Feraz(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
They forgot to add that one who becomes a Martian gains the ability to shapeshift and read minds. . . wink
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Feraz:
They forgot to add that one who becomes a Martian gains the ability to shapeshift and read minds. . . wink
grin na where u get ur own theory from?
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by Feraz(m): 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
RobinHez:

grin na where u get ur own theory from?
According to Justice League, Jon Jonzz is a Martian with the above ability. wink
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2015
Feraz:
According to Justice League, Jon Jonzz is a Martian with the above ability. wink
hehe...but he's the weakest undecided i'd prefer the green latern anytime!.....after superman though grin
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by MightySparrow: 7:43am On Jun 09, 2015
RobinHez:
how do you mean?

Allah opposes scientific knowledge. He is all knowing.
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 7:48am On Jun 09, 2015
MightySparrow:

oh i see...so did he tell u any contradicting info from what was provided here? undecided
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by RobinHez(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Checking on my thread smiley
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by Blakjewelry(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
If mars soil is red because of oxidation of iron that means most of the oxygen is locked in with the soil, so smashing the right asteroid can transform Mars into a more favorable conditions
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
Why! cry cry

But wait o . . . it is possible to create a particle accelerator the circumnavigates a great circle along the planet!

It could be the key to finding the graviton!
Re: Mars: What We Know About The Red Planet by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
MightySparrow:

this is highly ridiculous. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PRAG AND FELICITYSOLAR INVERTERS IS ALL YOU NEED (Info Inside) / Meet Samantha, A Woman Astronaut Living In Space Nov2014 To May2015 / Get Instant Nano Credit Loans With V-xchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.