Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record (50149 Views)

Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers / Buhari Receives Ufot Ekong, Nigerian Student That Solved 30yr Old Math Puzzle / Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At University Of Manchester!!! Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by menesheh(m): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2015
I tot this is an old gist
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by hoobs(m): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2015
bogolobango:
Thank GOD dis guy is nt igbo or yoruba nairaland go shake
HE IS A BIAFRAN!
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by justi4jesu(f): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2015
FriedPlantain:
This guy try, him really try. I love when Nigerians go abroad and achieve economic excellence.... It motivates me like hell.
Which is why I sent my my brother Kabiru too abroad to study in the best University over there in Cotonou. That e-diot couldn't even come back home with an ordinary third class. omo ale jati jati! angry

FriedPlantain

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by buggaboo: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2015
SPAGGYYY:
[size=20pt]this guy would never be celebrated if he was to be in nigeria...[/size]

Very true
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 06, 2015
We have thousands of them graduating with first class abroad yet Nigeria still remain the same. Besides the head of his shoe resemble a python head.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nicepoker(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2015
Neither from east nor west. That's why u won't see much comments. Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by blank(f): 8:01am On Jun 06, 2015
How many times will this be on the front page.

undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/2317630/nigerian-student-breaks-50yr-record
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by mekonglobal(m): 8:01am On Jun 06, 2015
bogolobango p ost=34475913:

Haba d tin sef tire me oooo!!!
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by mayusguy(m): 8:02am On Jun 06, 2015
How come the only local language he speaks is yoruba and not efik FYI am a proud yoruba man but just curious wink
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2015
A
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by uoaenterprise93(m): 8:03am On Jun 06, 2015
I celebrate with you my brother a role model to Nigerian youth abroad.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nicepoker(m): 8:03am On Jun 06, 2015
starlingslimnet:
We have thousands of them graduating with first class abroad yet Nigeria still remain the same. Besides the head of his shoe resemble a python head.
and what has the shoe got to do wit what the op posted.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by gbaskiboy: 8:04am On Jun 06, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion.
na which kind voice you get self? Maybe Era of change has taken over... grin
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2015
bogolobango:
At least He from the Lower Niger region
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by omojeesu(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2015
Luvdmx:
Congrats

The essence of fatherhood is bigger, far bigger than the greatness of our professions.

By the way, do engineers eat food, drink water and see medical doctors? I conclude that all professions are interdependent.

Bless you. Bless your son. He will be great and he will not lose his wife to another, even if he is not an engineer. (but, you know, even if your son is not an engineer, his wife could be!).
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Nicepoker:
and what has the shoe got to do wit what the op posted.
That's my observation
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by ketekete: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Haba.. Omo Ale ni bobo yen
FriedPlantain:
This guy try, him really try. I love when Nigerians go abroad and achieve economic excellence.... It motivates me like hell.
Which is why I sent my my brother Kabiru too abroad to study in the best University over there in Cotonou. That e-diot couldn't even come back home with an ordinary third class. omo ale jati jati! angry

FriedPlantain
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by kambili999(f): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2015
This is very impressive. I just love to read about remarkable people. Thumbs up.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by swaggprofessor(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Nigerian student Ufot Ekong has just become the first Nigerian to earn a “First Class Degree” and become the best overall student at Tokai University in Tokyo, Japan since 1965!

The last time anyone graduated with a grade point average similar to Ufot Ekong was over 50 years ago.
Utof, who put himself through school by working two jobs has won many other academic awards at the university; totaling to about six awards. On top of all his academic excellence, Ufot also solved a 30 year old outstanding mathematical equation in his first semester!
Ufot speaks English, Yoruba, French and Japanese.
Now that’s young, brilliant and black at it’s FINEST!

Source => http://reportsafrique.com/2015/06/nigerian-student-solves-30-year-old-math-equation-and-breaks-academic-record-at-japanese-university/
some of us no b first class like u bt we still dey hope 2 make a difference and ur story is inspirational........
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by bogolobango(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2015
Ur fada give me list of biafran states in nigeria
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by bogolobango(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Which one is lower niger region again bros u no dey tire
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by maxjax(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2015
That's so magnificent...... Wow!
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Merlissa(f): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2015
That's how we bells students roll..

His has always been a wiz kid right from school days...

Am sure your twin sister, brother and your mum are overjoyed..
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nicepoker(m): 8:22am On Jun 06, 2015
starlingslimnet:
That's my observation
go and observe that where u have shoe related threads.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by cyril700(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2015
Dude speaks his native language too, he is from akwa ibom and has been coming home.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Ignatio(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2015
Martins301:
I doubt if this guy will come and utilize his maths skill in Nigeria. Nigeria has been suffering from brain drain since 1914.

I doubt too bro. Japan will make him theirs for a long time.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Humblesam(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2015
mayusguy:
How come the only local language he speaks is yoruba and not efik FYI am a proud yoruba man but just curious wink

Those are ones he learned to speak but either one of efik,Ibibio or annang is the one he was born with...so not an achievement, the only reason it was not included...Just my thought.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by boboLIL(m): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2015
Very g00d...c0ngrats
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 06, 2015
starlingslimnet:

YOU CAN'T BE AN ACHIEVER BECAUSE YOU DON'T CELEBRATE ACHIEVERS. YOU CYNIC
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by mayusguy(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2015
So you've not seen an igbo man born and breed in lagos that cant say ordinary 'come' in igbo undecided there are peeps like that so no dey conclude plus i can speak better igbo than my neighbor grin
Humblesam:

Those are ones he learned to speak but either one of efik,Ibibio or annang is the one he was born with...so not an achievement, the only reason it was not included...Just my thought.
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by haggdon: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2015
Thumb up my guy. You really make us proud grin grin
Re: Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record by wahalababe(f): 8:36am On Jun 06, 2015
chesterlee:
Congrats to him oh

A wise guy from the east!
he is not from the east. he is frm south soth Akwa Ibom precisely. study ur country well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught Sexually Harassing A Female Student / 35 Words You Are Pronouncing Wrongly! / Kogi State University Admission List Out !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.