Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

«catholicism And The Doctrine Of Confession» - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / «catholicism And The Doctrine Of Confession» (409 Views)

The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

«catholicism And The Doctrine Of Confession» by lawalt01(m): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2015
---I was born into a multi-religious family,my dad was a staunch muslim while my mum was an ardent orthodox christian,I and my siblings were born into a predominantly muslim community and we all attended private christian secondary schools where we were all forced to attend fellowships and morning prayers where bible verse were recited on a daily basis,I can never forget Psalm 65(..."Praise awaits you,our God,in Zion;to you our vows will be fulfilled..."...and so on..."wink...However,my dad made a standing rule in his house that none of his sons or daughter would be a christian and he gave all of us muslim names,but anytime my dad goes out my mum sneaks and take us to church even though my father paid for arabic night classes for us to learn more about the principles of Islam...Based on all this teachings about christianity I began to fall in love with biblical stories such that I started keeping some christian Igbo friends in my secondary school days and in turn,I followed them to Catholic churches to attend mass and special programmes...In simple words,one aspect of catholicism that got me fascinated was the confession to the priest aspect anytime one defaults, personally I find confession of my sins to God that is even an invisible being and my creator as a very difficult thing to do not to talk of confessing to any human being here on earth!!!... Meanwhile,let me digress a bit and make some difficult confession,it goes thus,during my service year someone entrusted an SS1,14year old girl to me to tutor her mathematics,when we started the classes the girl was so intelligent that I fell in love with the teenager and some how along the line I slept with her and some months later when I finished my service, I heard the girl got pregnant and some people said she even mentioned my name but till date I didn't hear anything from her again,this is my horrible confession and I know some people here too have some dirty secrets!!!...Back to the main issue,confessing one's sin to me is a very vital step to genuine repentance and I admire this very laudable virtue about the doctrine of confession in catholicism..
Re: «catholicism And The Doctrine Of Confession» by Syncan(m): 9:08am On Jun 06, 2015
Following.

1 Like

Re: «catholicism And The Doctrine Of Confession» by DTalented(m): 12:42am On Jun 07, 2015
ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Journey Of 66 Miles / Installing Love / Prayer For JOB Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.