Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) (1815 Views)

Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by AmesRodriquez: 6:36am On Jun 06, 2015
Hi Everybody,

For a job to be properly done and for a sound output, the well-being of the staffs need to be considered and a conducive environment provided, policies that are detrimental to the well-being of the staff should not be enforced on people and people should not be exploited.

My questions are,

* Why should new policies be enforced on the warehouse without consideration on the effect it will cause to our health?

FIRSTLY,

ware house for eight hours standing.

SECONDLY,

conditions are very poor and no proper ventilation is being catered for.

THIRDLY,

more break and you cant leave the warehouse on any excuse except you are dying.

To the appropriate bodies I address our complains to

How would you feel Mr. CEO, Human Resource Department, Senior Managers, Corporate Offices, Operations and to every Department responsible for making JUMIA what it is today, how will you feel if you are being placed under such conditions

Let look at the following scenarios together:

Assuming your son was standing in the ware house where he was working and stood for 24 hours which is 3 days and on the fourth day when he came to work he slumped due to leg pain and as we speak they are hanging his leg in the orthopedic hospital will you be happy to hear that. Probably it could be your brother , sister, son or daughter that undergo the same situation and fell down and while falling the person heat his or her head on the table and now needs surgery.

It could be your loved ones in the same situation standing for 40 hours a week how do you expect the child to feel at home, accidents can happen to anybody.

To the almighty operations that brought in this law of standing to work to what aim is this law brought into enforcement, I clearly remember the days of black Friday the work was stressful most of us worked 24 hours and there was no law like standing all day to work. I also did check the bylaws of a standard procedure of a warehouse and there is no place I saw where you stand to work all day.

Let do the math’s 8 hours per day, 4 hours a week and 160 hours a month of standing to work please create the picture in your mind and please tell yourselves the truth what will be the outcome.

Maybe the laws should be enforced for each and every staff of jumia , AIG that we all stand to work and after a week will come back and draw out an analysis to see if the law is worth it and if the work will be properly delivered.

To MR APOORVA who keeps bringing in new laws, you delay salaries till when you feel like. Now you’ve said we work standing for 9 nine hours. Just recently you also said no more breaks except the person is dying , please kindly tell the whole house what your aim is, is it to cripple peoples kids or to render Nigerians youth helpless after working in the office?

Please we plead that the appropriate bodies think of this new policy and please provide the necessary measures for both the new & world ware house that will enable us to work well.

I WANT TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO THANK EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR TAKING OUT TIME TO READ THIS MEMO.

THANKS

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Jetjacky(m): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2015
I'm really sorry to here this. this is totally inhuman!
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Merlissa(f): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2015
This is sad...

Pls stand up and fight for your rights...

Health is Wealth!!!!

It's time for change!!!
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Na by force to work Mr man go learn work instead Life goes on
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Escalze(m): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2015
All for the money
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by moski5(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Unfortunately a lot of organizations do this eg Coka chemist in benin That's y people in this forum lawyers n all should recommend best actions people can take, authority or ministries one can report to or organizations that fight against matters like this that people can make an anonymous tip or report

Mods front Page.
Do the needful
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2015
Nigeria has good laws,but only effective on papers.
I feel for you bro,but in life there are choices to make.
If you can't cope,kindly resign,to take a better job. Life has no duplicate.
If everybody takes a stand on job specification,I think employers will adjust.
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 06, 2015
I sabi stand na im I no go join security? undecided undecided
Apoorva sounds Indian. Those guys are notorious for being mean to their staff... angry angry angry
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by kolomax(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2015
I believe in what you are saying but believe me many won't you have to back it up with audio,pictures also videos so we can fight it out ....they do look @ us as Slave
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Shamoo100(m): 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Just in case. .
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by pat077: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
I believe what d op is saying because when i went to one of thier pickup station for my order they were all standing and there was no chair by their side.
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Asebaba1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
if they continue like that , we will stop patronizing them and we will tarnish their their built image on Social network
AmesRodriquez:
Hi Everybody,

For a job to be properly done and for a sound output, the well-being of the staffs need to be considered and a conducive environment provided, policies that are detrimental to the well-being of the staff should not be enforced on people and people should not be exploited.

My questions are,

* Why should new policies be enforced on the warehouse without consideration on the effect it will cause to our health?

FIRSTLY,

SECONDLY,

THIRDLY,

How would you feel Mr. CEO, Human Resource Department, Senior Managers, Corporate Offices, Operations and to every Department responsible for making JUMIA what it is today, how will you feel if you are being placed under such conditions

Assuming your son was standing in the ware house where he was working and stood for 24 hours which is 3 days and on the fourth day when he came to work he slumped due to leg pain and as we speak they are hanging his leg in the orthopedic hospital will you be happy to hear that. Probably it could be your brother , sister, son or daughter that undergo the same situation and fell down and while falling the person heat his or her head on the table and now needs surgery.

It could be your loved ones in the same situation standing for 40 hours a week how do you expect the child to feel at home, accidents can happen to anybody.

To the almighty operations that brought in this law of standing to work to what aim is this law brought into enforcement, I clearly remember the days of black Friday the work was stressful most of us worked 24 hours and there was no law like standing all day to work. I also did check the bylaws of a standard procedure of a warehouse and there is no place I saw where you stand to work all day.

Let do the math’s 8 hours per day, 4 hours a week and 160 hours a month of standing to work please create the picture in your mind and please tell yourselves the truth what will be the outcome.

Maybe the laws should be enforced for each and every staff of jumia , AIG that we all stand to work and after a week will come back and draw out an analysis to see if the law is worth it and if the work will be properly delivered.

To MR APOORVA who keeps bringing in new laws, you delay salaries till when you feel like. Now you’ve said we work standing for 9 nine hours. Just recently you also said no more breaks except the person is dying , please kindly tell the whole house what your aim is, is it to cripple peoples kids or to render Nigerians youth helpless after working in the office?

Please we plead that the appropriate bodies think of this new policy and please provide the necessary measures for both the new & world ware house that will enable us to work well.

I WANT TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO THANK EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR TAKING OUT TIME TO READ THIS MEMO.

THANKS
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by Rexology: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
AmesRodriquez:
Hi Everybody,

My questions are,

FIRSTLY,

SECONDLY,

THIRDLY,

THANKS
Were you forced to work with them? If you are not comfortable with the working conditions, why not quit quietly? must you work with jumia?did you sign any contract paper(offer letter)? did you actually read the 'clauses' in the contract paper carefully before appending your acceptance signature? Perhaps you claimed on the CV you submitted to them that you can work under 'ANY CONDITION'at the point of entry, just because you were desperate for the job then, now the reality is down on you.
Re: Sad But True! Job Tales By Jumia Labourers(workers) by phurlahan(m): 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
This one wey op dey complain about standing, undecided.....Some people fit decide do that job frog jumping!!!all for end of the month alert[color=#550000][/color] grin GodWin

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Download Offline Jamb Past Questions And Answers? / Lautech On Fire Again; Cultists Clash Leaves One Dead And Scores Injured. / Unilag Post Utme Screening Result Is Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.