Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Another Perspective On Network Marketing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Another Perspective On Network Marketing (517 Views)

Wanted Qualified Hands On Network Engineers With Degrees Min 3-5yrs Exp / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective / The Best Network Marketing Company In Nigeria Goes To!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Perspective On Network Marketing by SophyTT(f): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hello all,

To clear any doubts, I am a network marketer working on going Pro. However, I am not here to try and "recruit" anyone, hence I am not including the company I represent. What I want to do here is share my thoughts on Network Marketing as a career, we can learn more from one another.

It is quite alarming and I do not blame people when they think twice or even thrice anytime they hear Network Marketing (it actually evokes fear in some peoples hearts), the reputation of this profession proceeds it. And I must say, not a very good reputation mostly. Sadly, it is as a result of the practices of individuals (both the recruiter and the recruited). Let me say why I think so:

1. Real network marketing is not a get-rich-quick scheme and certainly not a money doubling venture. Rather, it is a massive referral system where people get rewarded/paid according to the effort they put in towards building a team, training the team and making sure the team is successful. For that, they get rewarded by the company. Which seems fair to me. First of all, it takes consistent unrelenting effort, it takes personal development (you become a better speaker, trainer, mentor and leader), it also takes selflessness.
So you should get alarm bells anytime anyone tries to pass it on as an easy money making venture (set aside your greed and think reasonably first). All the top earners worldwide have there stories to share, they did not wake up one day and started making all that money. Question to ask yourself is, are you willing to work as hard to earn as much?
Also, you do your due diligence people. Dont just drop money and expect it to grow on its own, you have to nurture it.
I personally shy away from people who are looking to make easy money in network marketing, they have the wrong mindset and thus destined to fail at it then go around bad mouthing the concept. I work with achievers and goal oriented individuals who are truly looking for a better way out of the rat race.

2. Like everything in life, to succeed in network marketing, you need to be properly educated about it so you can develop the necessary skills for success. The more you know and practice, the better you get at it.
We go to schools to get certifications and degrees so as to become employees in seemingly secured jobs, which is very okay, I am an economist by profession, but hey, it does not pay me and I have got bills to pay I tell you. When we are lucky enough to get a good job, we kiss goodbye to our freedom, work 9-5 to keep body and soul together, pray raise/promotion comes, or you do not get downsized or fired and hope to retire well. We all know the drill. But how many people do we know actually retired from paid employment whose pensions see them through?
So this is a better way for me and others like me who opt for self-employment in the direct sales industry. It is a very forgiving industry too, I say so because I am a student at this industry and still pocket my bonuses and commissions. Have you tried getting a good paying job anywhere without going to school first?

3. Network marketing is the only profession I know of in the world that truly does not discriminate, no matter your health status, physical or mental state, class in society and tribe or religion. I have seen people on wheel chair, a deaf person, another who is a road side mechanic, a student, a banker and an heir to some serious money make it in this industry. It simply does not care who you are or where you are coming from as long as you are legal.
What Bill Gates said about network marketing is real food for thought. "If I would be given a chance to start all over again, I would choose network marketing." He understands that it is all about building networks, and networks pay, simple.

4. Depending on what you want from it, you could earn enough to get by (part-time) or more than any paid job/employment will pay you (full time). Now that says something about the flexibility the industry awards you. I work from the comfort of my bed most times, many thanks to the wonderful tools we have these days (phones, ipads, laptops and co).
It is quite easy to get that done, a key success factor is duplication. Learn what works best and keep doing it.

I hope this provides another point of view to Network Marketing for anyone who cares to read through with an open mind. You do not have to agree but I believe Network Marketing done right is the better way to go.

Thank you wink

PS: those interested in understanding the Network Marketing profession or doing it right no matter the company you represent can get material on www dot networkmarketingpro dot com.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent:your Advice Is Needed. / Computer Analyst / Online Diploma In Business - Career Info 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.