Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Share Your Best Story From The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Best Story From The Bible (433 Views)

Who Is Your Best Nigerian Gospel Musician and Why? / Share Your Best Christmas Selfie. / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Best Story From The Bible by Wilson125(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
the story of king hezekiah is one my best story in the bible, hezekiah was the son of ahaz, the 13th king of judah, his reign was between 715 and 686bc..

king hezekiah served the Lord with all he had, he was a true man of God, he witnessed the destruction of the northern kingdom of isreal by sargon's assyrians c720 bc and he was the king of judah during the invasion and siege of jerusalem by sennacherib in 701bc..

the most touching part of his story is found in isaiah 38v1 when he was ill and close to death, God sent a message to him through prophet isaiah God told him to put his house in order as he will exit the world in short time and he will not recover from his illness, hezekiah turned towards the wall and cried out to the Lord saying"

"Lord, remember I have serve u faithfully with all my heart, I have done everything you say is good, he cried hard...
God again sent another message through prophet isaiah to him that his prayer has been heard and 15 more years shall be added to him...

whenever I read this story I ask myself, what have I done for the Lord that he shall remember me for anytime i call upon his name? and to you also, do you think you have serve him faithfully that he can remember you for if you should find yourself in any bad condition?
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by Rosemary216(f): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sarah and Hannah's story are my best... I never believe God would forsake me whenever i go back to read these passages.
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by adexsimply(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
OH!! The story of Samson. What a man!
espcially this part

14 As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came toward him shouting. The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. 15 Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men.
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by SuperSuave(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
I like the parables more. the story of Jesus I like too
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by Anas09: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
The story of Joseph is my best. The youth God choose to fulfil the promise He made to Abraham. Withou knowing that he was working out Gods plan, he endured the cruelty from his own brothers. Suffered unjustly in the house of potipher. Something our youths will grap with two hands, he refused, and for that that, he was thrown into prison, he endured all, with good attitudes. At last the prophecy came to pass. What would have happened if Joseph has accepted to be deflowered by Madam potipher, do u think he would ve become the prime minister later?
Wen God is taking us to our thrones we murmur and complain. Joseph would ve lost that throne if he accepted that 5mins pleasure wif Mrs Poti.
Mind urselves, the youths of today.
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by johnydon22(m): 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
definitely JONAH story, got swallowed by a submarine....uuuhm sorry FISH and chilled 3days in there... lol
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by menesheh(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
johnydon22:
definitely JONAH story, got swallowed by a submarine....uuuhm sorry FISH and chilled 3days in there... lol
grin grin
Re: Share Your Best Story From The Bible by menesheh(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Amazing story of the ordeals of Israelites in Egypt where moses and god did some weird magical things like turning waters in Egypt to blood, magical death of all first borns both human and other animal species etc.

Future generations to come will be surprise and amaze how generations before them could be so gullible and irrational believing in these bizarre things we actually accepted as sole truth today and yesteryears.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Quotes from the Dissenting Justices on Same-Sex Marriage / An Historic Revival With The Apostle – Dr. Sign Fireman Storm Cameroon With The / Hijab Should Be Banned In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.