Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ebola Spreads Suspicion And Rumours In Guinea-24news - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ebola Spreads Suspicion And Rumours In Guinea-24news (368 Views)

Photo + Watch Video: Young Boy Spreads Money On The Street - SURENAIJABLOG / What The Hell Is Goin On Here? (corper Spreads Love Edition) / Nigerians Spreads Wet Cloths On Electricity Cable After Washing At Orile, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Spreads Suspicion And Rumours In Guinea-24news by bueze046(m): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Conakry - The only possible place to
encounter Ebola in Conakry is the main
treatment unit, yet elsewhere in Guinea the
virus is thriving in a febrile atmosphere of
deep mistrust and swirling conspiracy
theory.
The impoverished west African nation and
its neighbours Sierra Leone and Liberia have
registered more than 11 000 deaths since
the epidemic flared up in December 2013.
It is in Guinea, the original epicentre but
least-affected country, where the reaction to
the fight against Ebola has been the most
suspicious, however, manifesting itself in
sporadic bloodshed.
Eight members of an outreach team in the
southeastern town of Womey were killed by
protesters who denied the existence of Ebola
and denounced a "white conspiracy" in
September last year.
Violence erupted last week in the country's
western provinces, where there are around
20 confirmed cases, with attacks targeting
public institutions, ambulances and even
health workers.

Read more... http://m.news24.com/Nigeria/World/News/Ebola-spreads-suspicion-and-rumours-in-Guinea-20150607-3

(1) (Reply)

How I Won The Maggi Egusi Soup Contest / I Need Information On How To Get Advert For My Magazine Publication / How Tall Be Ur Wardrope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.