Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas (2592 Views)

Raging Battle Between Schlumberger And Geoservices / Please! Make No Payments To Lastra Geoservices Ltd O! / Urgent Geoservices Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by onabajo(f): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2006
I actually applied to job placement through this email address : on 5th septemeber in Tuesday Guardian newspaper.
Consequently i receive a mail from the name email address but the mail was address to another person,invitating me to an interview at petroluem taining institute effurun in warri and that the medical and the swiming test will take place the same day at shell clinic.I am also asked to pay one thousand seven hundred and fifty for the medical and swimming which is meant for the consultant handling the job.

MY questions are:
why was my name not in the mail sent to as the recipient?There is a different name for the recipient.
Why has the human resource manager of the company mobile line not available ?i have tried calling the mobile number of the human resource manager on the mail sent to me.

Will any oil company ask you topay for medical?

i am based in lagos, why take the risk of going to warri when i have allthese questions on answer, especially after tarining to call the HRM of the company

Has anybody in the house receive any mail from lastra geoservices limited in PH or warri.Please let me know
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by Mikeola: 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2006
I also got a mail from the so called Lastra, i just wonder why i av to pay for medicals and swimming, meaning they've got a bad HR, or what do you think? I doubt their authencity, Imagine,no website or contact address,
cheers, i luv nairaland
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by forgiven(m): 2:22am On Sep 17, 2006
please guys, there's nothing like lastra geoservices. i know geoservices nig ltd exists and is located at plot 271 trans amadi in port harcourt. it's an oil servcie company and their website is www.geoservices.com. their HR is dave walker and his email address is dave.walker@geoservices.com. they don,t ask any money for medicals. if u need a job with them, send an email to this address and tell them in ur cv that you have good experience in mudlogging, they will hire u immediately. be wise, don't let anybody scam u
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by fesobi: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2006
Scammers @ work! I really feel u should get through 2 their hr first, if u intend 2 attend their interview
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by fesobi: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2006
Scammers @ work! I really feel u should get through 2 their hr first, if u intend 2 attend their interview
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by fesobi: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2006
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by Barrionzo(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2006
I can't say whether or not Lastra exists undecided, but I've never heard of them. I'm sure u've heard enough about scammers lipsrsealed (REF Mikeola, Forgiven, Fesobi et al) grin.

However, maybe your name wasn't on the email because it was sent as a BLIND CARBON COPY (the BCC column when composing an email). Most companies do this when sending emails to a long list of people - else you'll get an email with about 1000 shocked shocked shocked or more names in the TO or CC column, like the forwarded emails you find on yahoo. smiley smiley smiley wink

Best witches.
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by onabajo(f): 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2006
Thanks Guys for the response.I agree with the guy who said it was sent to a lot of people.

How i still need more info.The interview and medical on sat. 30th sept in Warri.
My people this is mobile number on the mail sent to me 08068467976, as the HR mgr.

Please do try the number , if u get through pls drop and reply here.

LASTRA GEOSERVICE LTD PH/WARRI is the name of the oil and gas company.Please help me so that i do not waste my time going to warri from lagos for what is not realistic.Also do not forget that i should not also ignore the mail, it's possible is real
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by Barrionzo(m): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2006
Okay, okay.

I'm getting so many (too many) calls from friends all over asking for verification of this Lastra (?) Coy, since I'm in PH and served in Delta.

Is the coy address available? Post this (if possible) and the phone nos given so we can do our research (yuck, I thot that word went out with my final-year project grin).

There is ane GEOSERVICES LTD at Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, but I've never heard of Lastra. Lets give this a coulple of days, ok?

Meanwhile if anyone has verified this then lets bury it.
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by auster: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2006
I think Lastra is fake and the persons operating under the name of Lastra as 419
Please, do not pay any money to anybody for anything.

God bless.
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by ugboaku: 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2006
hi nairaland,i also got the interview notification from lastra geoservices ltd and don't know if they are real.i need help,somebody help undecided undecided
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by abdulkadir(m): 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2006
hello forgiven and anybody else ; what is mudlogging??
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by timag: 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2006
hello guys,no reputable oil and gas establishment will ask u to pay for any test what so ever so pls beware!!!!
Re: Who Know Lastra Geoservices Ltd In Ph/warri(oil / Gas by eazyman(m): 4:04am On Sep 25, 2006
ØAbdulkadir, you can do reaserch yourself on the subject mudlogging thru the internet and stop aking people about it here.About lastra, i think the fast guys are at work again, thats what unemployment in nigeria can drive one into, so be wise my people.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy - Sales Girl (salary & Commission) / Test Invitation By Nexia Nigeria Iro Fiscal Responsibilitilies / Urgent - Iita Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.