Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun (8918 Views)

Some Should Tell Me The English Name And Botanical Name Of This Plant ( / What's The English Name Of Moimoi? / Help!!! English Graduate Attention Is Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Mickheal(m): 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
Who knows the english name for kaun... I'm nt sure of the spelling gan..... The english name for that stuff they use to cook ewedu
Have been searching for it since morning
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Engrgeneral(m): 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
potash

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Empiree: 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
Is this for Food/Nutrition's JAMB or GCE exam? grin . Well, let me give my best. You seem to spell 'kaun correctly. And the english word for it in my opinion is POTASH. Do your research though.

So what's my percentage if I got it right?

Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by 9niceguy(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mickheal:
Who knows the english name for kaun... I'm nt sure of the spelling gan..... The english name for that stuff they use to cook ewedu
Have been searching for it since morning
Potash is the name
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Potash?
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Mickheal(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks to u all.... Postash is the answer Lol @empiree its nt a waec question, somebody asked me ni
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by ijobaooorun(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
;DAnd the botanical name is .........POTASH PARATOPOTASH ;DAnd the botanical name is .........POTASH PARATOPOTASH
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by ijobaooorun(m): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
grin And the botanical name is .........POTASH PARATOPOTASH grin
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Empiree: 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mickheal:
Thanks to u all.... Postash is the answer
Lol @e.mpiree its nt a waec question, somebody asked me ni
Alright....I thought you are trying to cheat on the exam grin
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Mickheal(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
Empiree:
Alright....I thought you are trying to cheat on the exam grin
Lol, that's funny ..thanks anyway
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by benedigbe: 4:12pm On May 11, 2020
POTASH is not the correct name for kaun; the right name is Trona.

Kaun, Akaun or Kanwa is not Potash. Potash comes from the word Pot Ash. It refers to salts that contain potassium in water-soluble form like potassium chloride, potassium bi carbonate.

Kaun, Akaun, or Kanwa is TRONA.

Trona is Sodium Sesquicarbonate dihydrate. It is a geological mineral found in the thick bed deposits of Lake Chad and Yobe Troughs. It is mined in commercial quantity in Bauchi, Yobe, and Borno States in Nigeria. It can coexist with other minerals such as Natron, Thermonatrite, Halite, and Gypsum.
It is the second most commonly-used salt in Nigeria. In the United States, it is the primary source of Sodium carbonate (Soda Ash). Soda as is used as water softener and can be used to remove oil and grease stains. Soda Ash is also used in textiles, paper, chemicals and glass production.
Re: Urgent Help!!! English Name For Kaun by Tina001(f): 8:28am On May 12, 2020
benedigbe:
POTASH is not the correct name for kaun; the right name is Trona.

Kaun, Akaun or Kanwa is not Potash. Potash comes from the word Pot Ash. It refers to salts that contain potassium in water-soluble form like potassium chloride, potassium bi carbonate.

Kaun, Akaun, or Kanwa is TRONA.

Trona is Sodium Sesquicarbonate dihydrate. It is a geological mineral found in the thick bed deposits of Lake Chad and Yobe Troughs. It is mined in commercial quantity in Bauchi, Yobe, and Borno States in Nigeria. It can coexist with other minerals such as Natron, Thermonatrite, Halite, and Gypsum.
It is the second most commonly-used salt in Nigeria. In the United States, it is the primary source of Sodium carbonate (Soda Ash). Soda as is used as water softener and can be used to remove oil and grease stains. Soda Ash is also used in textiles, paper, chemicals and glass production.

Okay undecided

(1) (Reply)

Admission In Progress Into The First Bilingual University In Benin Republic. / JAMB UTME 2019: Over 300,000 Candidates Registered So Far / If You're Not A Serious Student, Don't Bother To Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.