Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Pls Check My Website Out - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Check My Website Out (1220 Views)

Adsense + Website Out For Sell... / Top 7 Proxy Sites To Unblock Any Website Out There / Website Review. Check This Website Out. Www.ceafa.org.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Check My Website Out by kaspa(m): 12:03pm On Feb 19, 2009
y'all should pls check out my website and tell me what you think.
i'm open 2 criticism.
Thanks
www.jboxcreations.com

1 Like

Re: Pls Check My Website Out by yawatide(f): 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2009
Now, why would there be a yahoo.com address listed for email? How hard is it to set up an email address for the site?
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by kaspa(m): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2009
is dat all?
just the e-mail address?
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by yawatide(f): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2009
Unfortunately, it's the little things that get to me. I see one thing and like the proverbial grinding mill, I grind to a halt. But if you insist cool

1) Use CSS in place of tables - it it taking too long to load with all those slices

2) I click any of the links at the bottom of the page and I get "large volume of data" in my browser (FF) and then it stalls. Are those downloads? If so, why so large? Can't you create actual pages and thus have smaller sizes per page?

3) No contact form? What of if I am not in Nigeria, like your work and want to contact you ASAP? You expect me to leave my job and go buy a phone card?

4) Maybe you make your font a little larger. For one, I didn't catch the "To download" text till after my browser stalled on me. Perhaps, if this is an instruction, you make it more pronounced (bold it, change color, etc)

Overall, nice and clean layout and simple which I like. Having said that, since I am one of the few ones who goes beyond what is on screen and actually "pops the hood" so to speak, again I say, take care of the little stuff and you should be good to go.

Good luck!
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by dgreatrock(m): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Yawa
i must confess that i am impressed at d way you presented your observation, constructive criticism at its best!
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by mavtrevor(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2009
True talk,
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by dgreatrock(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Unfortunately, it's the little things that get to me. I see one thing and like the proverbial grinding mill, I grind to a halt. But if you insist cool

1) Use CSS in place of tables - it it taking too long to load with all those slices

2) I click any of the links at the bottom of the page and I get "large volume of data" in my browser (FF) and then it stalls. Are those downloads? If so, why so large? Can't you create actual pages and thus have smaller sizes per page?

3) No contact form? What of if I am not in Nigeria, like your work and want to contact you ASAP? You expect me to leave my job and go buy a phone card?

4) Maybe you make your font a little larger. For one, I didn't catch the "To download" text till after my browser stalled on me. Perhaps, if this is an instruction, you make it more pronounced (bold it, change color, etc)

Overall, nice and clean layout and simple which I like. Having said that, since I am one of the few ones who goes beyond what is on screen and actually "pops the hood" so to speak, again I say, take care of the little stuff and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

please consider these points raised above, having visited your site, i believe you need to work on it, else you may loss your visitors.
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by kaspa(m): 1:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
thanks,
i'll look into it immediately.
thanks a mill
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by ztyle(m): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2009
Kaspa- Nice work u gat there, but u need to work hard because u still have a lonq way to go in web design.
i guess you know that this bizness is not easy.As for your website, u need to work on your "META TAG" it's hard to load when access in a slow connection. And again you need to work toward your name "Creation" try to be more creative, anyway kudos! cool
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by ebottabi(m): 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2009
man what i can tell you is to go back and learn how to desing, just check at this http:ebot.uuuq.com,
and you will see how to work simple designs and more javascript and PHP
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by segsalerty(m): 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2009
@ebot tabi
i think you shouldnt have talk that way to the poster coz your website you used to give him a challenge isnt worth it ! i think we are all here to learn from eachother ,
well, for your webiste www.ebot.uuuq.com its sucks coz your texts are very tiny, why still positioning with tables? your footer is also floating along with your div-content ! for your great php skill too , why still using get mothod? and again there is nothing to validate the contact form , i think thats where you need javascript most ! pls , lets all go back and read ! grin grin grin not only Kaspa
@kaspa , i must confess you did a great design !
am out wink
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by Neptune(m): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2009
kaspa, i am web designer not a programmer. others should forgive me if i don't see everything from their point of view. by the way ur site is nice. colour combination is very cool. the size of the font is just right. for the "To download any of my Portfolio - right click one of the topics and "save target as"." either make the whole text bold or make the word download red and bold to draw attention to it. for your level, you have done a good and comendable job. i\m not saying any of this to make you feel happy, it's the truth. i understand the fact that its easier for you to check ur yahoo mail plus that's where the whole bunch of emails you get is, thats why u prefer it as your default email so where you have 'Site designed and maintained by Ukaegbu I. Justin for JBOXX CREATIONZ' move it to the right and on the left add your contact details again this time inculde your "info@jboxcreations.com" or "services@jboxcreations.com" if you dont have one, create it. it doesnt take time and forward all the mails ur get their to your yahoo mail address. good work, i am impressed. also, where you have the brown paper on the far right(next to the logo) you could move your email and phone number there instead of leaving it empty.
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by Neptune(m): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2009
if i might add i viewed the site on internet explorer. there was no problem with css or anything. it loaded smoothly (with in 2mins).

ebot tabi WTF are you talking about. if you agree, lets start a poll asking people to choose their favourite between urs and his. you might end up deleting your site. your site looks like a boring blog(looks like one of those wordpress template) dont take that harshly. its true. ok thats all (b4 i over do it. lol).
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by babanne(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2009
kaspa can you call this line? 08062342286. some you know wants to talk to you.or email tonson4traffic@gmail.com
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by yawatide(f): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2009
Neptune, I'll start  grin

http://www.jboxcreations.com/ 5 : ebot 0
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by Neptune(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2009
oh, thank u m'lady. grin

mine i'll make it

http://www.jboxcreations.com/ 6 : ebot 0
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by segsalerty(m): 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2009
Uhmm , child will take to his mom kiss and say wink
http://www.jboxcreations.com/ 98% : ebot 1% for atleast hosting something grin grin grin
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 04, 2009
@segsa, please, send your phone number to support@mwebng.net. . .soonest
Re: Pls Check My Website Out by segsalerty(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2009
I have sent it DHTML sir
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Fast Tutor On 21,22 On Forum And Website / Help Uploading A Elgg Plugin / Whmcs.com Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.