Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? (1535 Views)

Olamide Was Once Seriki's Employee: Lessons To Learn!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by itseedris(m): 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2015

I don’t really like to write on which artiste is better but what I saw today prompted me to write this piece.

I want to ask a question before I’ll continue this article.

Assuming that you see a post on your Facebook timeline which reads “Mhen Seriki Dey Rap Pass Olamide I Swia. Na Seriki Be The Real Dagrin Of Our Time. Agree Or Die”

What would be your reaction? I have the same thought here. I was like, “Is this guy high on fake drugs?” How on Earth would he say something like that? This is why I want to write some differences between Olamide and Seriki.
The facts (Mine):

Seriki is just a rapper but Olamide sings and rap. Seriki raps mostly with typical yoruba language while Olamide raps with both yoruba, pidgin and the foreign accent. I’m not saying seriki is not a good rapper because he is killing the beats too but Olamide can go on any type of beat in which Seriki may flop because of his slow rhymes. Lastly, OLAMIDE is arguably a hit maker.
Why am I writing this?

I am not writing this to say that Seriki can never be like Olamide. I’ve interviewed some people on this topic before I wrote this article. Below are some of their responses:

Ans: Seriki better than Olamide ke. Sleep and Death no be same na

Ans: Olamide is in a different world. He decides what to do and when to do it, just like messi. He can be the crazy durosoke and shakitibobo at time. And sometimes he brings the Eni duro flavour and Zero joy hard core stuffs to the table

Ans: Even a blind man at Kano street, Oyingbo, knows Olamide no be Seriki mate.

There are many differences between Olamide and Seriki which I may not finish if I continue to list them. So, I am passing the keyboard to you guys to know your thoughts about the issue on ground.

You Think Seriki is Better than Olamide?

Source: http://hub201.com/olamide-or-seriki-who-is-better-2/

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by shaboti: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Reminisce is better than both of them

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by sapphire01(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
Talk of rappers in Nigeria and Seriki doesn't even rank amongst the tops. I like Seriki a lot, because he sounds like comedy, funny sick rhymes. Talk of rappers we'll be considering Phenom, Vector, MI and d likes
Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by Hidorano(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2015
wot of chinko ekun.
Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2015
Olamide, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait;
What about Baba Hafusa!?
Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by apholaryn: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2015
nah...Seriki is funnier.
Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by deytoongee: 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2015

Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by donjuviam(m): 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
how on earth will someone be comparin seriki wit olamide. Seriki na upcomin artist if i may say
Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 1:05am On Dec 15, 2023
Late to the game but imo. Seriki is better. He flows better and his lyrics makes more sense. I also love his sense of humour.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Seriki Is Better Than Olamide? by kazlaw2000: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2023
I prefer Seriki. He's original.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Musicians, Donnie Mcclurkin And Nicole C Mullen Are Getting Married / NEW MUSIC: A-reece – A Real Nigga Tale Ft. 1000 Degreez / Kodak Black Ft. Travis Scott & Offset - Zeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.