Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Davido Was D Only Student Of His Department To Graduate From BU School Of Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Was D Only Student Of His Department To Graduate From BU School Of Music (1590 Views)

Biodun Okeowo's Children Graduate From Secondary School. Pics / BUSTED!! See The Young Lady Davido Was Caught "Doing Things" With Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Davido Was D Only Student Of His Department To Graduate From BU School Of Music by thepinkcrystal: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
Davido Was The Only Student Of His Department To Graduate From Babcock School Of Music Set Up By His Billionaire Dad
JUNE 8, 2015 in Celebrity that1960chick.com

Davido was the only student of his department (Music) to graduate yesterday at the 13th Babcock University Convocation Ceremony which was attended by The Adeleke’s Don Jazzy, Reekado Banks & Godswill Akpabio. This is because the music star was the pioneer student of the department which was set up 3 years ago.

Another interesting fact is that Davido’s billionaire dad who insisted his son get a University degree was the one who set up the music department of the school, which is why Davido was the pioneer student.

Bilionaire things! The Music Department’s Head of department, Olusegun Ojuola revealed this to NET, when speaking on the growth of the department

Well, it’s really a long journey, because it’s through the help of Dr Deji Adeleke that the department was developed over three and half years ago. But we actually started admitting (students) in 2012.

Now the department has 27 students including Kamal Ajiboye (Davido’s manager) and Shizi (his producer), both of whom are set to graduate next year.

Davido, whose thesis was on the topic: ‘Challenges of Live Performance of Afro-pop artists in Nigeria’ was also described in glowing terms by Ojuola, who said yesterday during the convocation ceremony

The first thing I try to do is to dichotomise the artiste from the student. The Davido I know is an artiste, but the student I admitted into the department is Adedeji David Adeleke and the relationship has been like that all through. But I can tell you this much, that David is a very very brilliant and very obedient student. When I say Obedient, you can see that in terms of humility. Anytime David is in school, he knows he’s in school as a student.

Additional Source/Image: NET

(1) (Reply)

Faces Of The Ikorodu Bank Robbers / Dj Cuppy Stuns In Traditional Attire / Wife Of Late Nollywood Actor Gives Birth 6 Weeks After Husband’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.