Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: (959 Views)

Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / Have You Travelled Out Of Nigeria Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by nuesaweso(f): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2009
Have you travelled out of nigeria before? if yes, wetin u go first see when u comot from naija?

I know why i dey ask, i no be mumu o so no curse me.
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by ilaugh1: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
rephrase your question, maybe it will make more meaning.
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by debosky(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2009
First thing?

HSBC adverts in the arrival walkway connecting the aeroplane to the Terminal building. (Heathrow airport)

A huge totem pole comprising of a deer a bear and an eagle welcoming you to Canada (Vancouver airport)
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by Pennywise(m): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
In my own case na afternoon sun wey not dey bite. Thank God.
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by Kx: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
i_laugh:

rephrase your question, maybe it will make more meaning.
no need to rephrase jari,
wetin u go first see first and foremost na abroad grin
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by nuesaweso(f): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2009
i'm just asking becos i will travel very soon cos im tired and i just want to go out and see the world. so let me say it like this, what will be the first sign that you are out of naija?
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by tboy1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2009
nues aweso:

i'm just asking becos i will travel very soon cos im tired and i just want to go out and see the world. so let me say it like this, what will be the first sign that you are out of naija?

> No honking of car horns everywhere
> You'll stop shouting 'UP NEPA'
> Fresh Air
> During Winter, you'll think AC dey evrywhere
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by cvibe: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
The first sign that you are out of Nija is when you hear the pilot saying welcome to Ghana.
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by debosky(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2009
tboy1:

> No honking of car horns everywhere
> You'll stop shouting 'UP NEPA'
> Fresh Air
> During Winter, you'll think AC dey evrywhere
Na lie oh, I don shout 'UP NEPA' before when light came back after a winter storm.  grin grin
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by tboy1(m): 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
debosky:

Na lie oh, I don shout 'UP NEPA' before when light came back after a winter storm. grin grin
LOL . . . cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by nuesaweso(f): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2009
ok. let me tell you what i hear from my friend. Is it true that you will see different people doing a lot of different things like kissing on the road or something?
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by omega25red(m): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2009
nues aweso:

ok. let me tell you what i hear from my friend. Is it true that you will see different people doing a lot of different things like kissing on the road or something?

your friend na liar

I had travelled with my parents as a kid and you knew you were no longer in Naija when you hear the weather in london is 58 degrees and we would be making our final decent or in 1994 i looked out the plane and i saw a limo going towards the airport and i knew i was in NY
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by Hesperus(m): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2009
nues aweso:

Yes o, especially here in UK, roads, trains, buses, name it! But that is defo NOT the first thing you'll be seeing.

Your friend funny o! So the thing that trips him most is people kissing on the road?
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by tboy1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2009
nues aweso:

LOL . . . you funny oooo
You shuld have gone straight to the point instead of using style style to ask dis question  cheesy grin
Well yes, you will see all sorts - Some of em will shock u at first but you'll get used to it

N.B
I've seen 2 dudes tongue kissin and touchin each other right in front of me  - On the train
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by cibilola(f): 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2009
tboy1:

LOL . . . you funny oooo
You shuld have gone straight to the point instead of using style style to ask dis question cheesy grin
Well yes, you will see all sorts - Some of em will shock u at first but you'll get used to it

N.B
I've seen 2 dudes tongue kissin and touchin each other right in front of me - On the train

yep! u see blokes kissing and all that!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed put it this way, think of a scenario like sodom and gomorrah but in 2009
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by Hesperus(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
cibilola:

yep! u see blokes kissing and all that!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed put it this way, think of a scenario like sodom and gomorrah but in 2009

Haba, Sodom and Gomorrah loun loun! Its not THAT bad now! lol

But seriously, 2 guys tongue kissing? Thank God he hasnt let my eyes see such!
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by cibilola(f): 6:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
Hesperus:

Haba, Sodom and Gomorrah loun loun! Its not THAT bad now! lol

But seriously, 2 guys tongue kissing? Thank God he hasnt let my eyes see such!

oh boy u may see it soon, so prepare ur mind, I can compare it to watching live Indecency embarassed embarassed

@ topic, another thing u will see is the papers' headline saying that a boy of 13 is now a father, u will see men shaking bums when walking and if u re un/lucky a tranversite! shocked

to be fair though, u will see better roads smiley, functioning street lights cheesy and babies in buggies tongue(pushchairs/pram)
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2009
When I arrived! I kneel to Baba God! why me! I tot I was in dreaming! abi na heaven?  grin

I cum dey wonder! like Bolton Wanderer! Everything was so strange!

Then I knew what i was watching on TV no be Film Trick ooo! No Be Lie! its ReaL!!!!!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by ilaugh1: 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Poster

u make it seem travelling abroad is biggie?
Re: Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2009
i_laugh:

@Poster

u make it seem travelling abroad is biggie?

To the average Nigerian (emphasis on average) it is and that's just fine.

Come to think of it, how many times have I heard an oyinbo say they're excited to be travelling to Europe or South America.

(1) (Reply)

4 -5 Days Schengen Transit Visa Available .no Deposit / Immigration And Visa Services / Frsc Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.