Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,741 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. (978 Views)

JAMB Cancels 59,698 Results, 62,140 Candidates To Retake UTME / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) / 59,000 To Retake Examination: JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. by Koboseadotorg(m): 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thank you my dear brother/sister for viewing this thread.
I'm a member of this great family (nairaland family).
I am not just a contributor to various threads, but I am a chronic one for that matter.
This is not my main account, I didn't use my main account for the purpose of anonymity.
Once again, I thank you for viewing this thread.
May the Lord Almighty add more mb to your subscibtion.

[b] My story goes this way.
I was born on November 1994.
I graduated from secondary school in the year 2013.
After my graduation, I have seeked for admission for two years but couldn't get it. (the reason was that I have always opted for the prestigious medicine and surgery which is very competitive)
Now I have considered applying for lower courses, which I will get by the grace of God Almighty.
But the problem started when I saw the age requirement for Access bank and Oando graduate trainee.
I started wondering and said to myself that if this is the new thing that employers will use to fustrate job seekers in the future, that I should make hare while the sun shines.
This year, I reapplied for waec which I have already taken. But the problem is the date of birth I submitted to waec this time.
Remember that my real date of birth is Nov 1994, but what I submitted to waec this time around was Nov 1998.
So my questions now are:
1) I finished primary school in the year 2007, and if you calculate it, that means I graduated when I was Nine or less (in respect to the 1998).
So will this affect me in jobs that require my primary school testimonial. Will the say that it is not ideal to graduate from primary school at such age?

2) Truly I will look older than the age I submitted, but will my facial (anatomy) appearance make recruiters to doubt me in the future, thus creating problem for me?
3) And how will employers see it if I take affidavit to take my D.O.B upwards? (ie from '98 to '96 or so[/b]

Once again, thank you for viewing this thread. Your comments will be so dear to me. Please don't hesitate to comment.

I LOVE YOU ALL

cc
olawalebabs, Richiez, Fynestboi
Re: ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
So what's the age requirement?
Re: ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. by Koboseadotorg(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tydies:
So what's the age requirement?
Oando and Acces bank demanded for a maximum of 24 yrs. Even for masters degree holders. Now check out the years in school + stike, years of waiting for your nysc posting and the service year.
Re: ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
I think you are confuse. What business do you have with the banking sector?
Re: ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. by ogbonnajoe(m): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
bro, in the first place you did not actually correct what you intended to correct because you miscalculated. Since your major reason for reapplying for WASSC was for a better age-certificate-matching, you should have known that you should add primary school age to your age before primary school, in that way, it would have been a good match. As far as I'm concerned, your first certificate is even safer than this one now because this second one can land you in different dangerous scenerios.................now you are considering swearing to an AFFIDAVIT, I think the case of affidavit involving our current C in C should teach you a better lesson..........my advice is, use the one carrying your correct age, develop yourself and try to be good in your profession. Moreover you dont need to work for somebody to make, you can become an entrepreneur and be YOUR OWN BOSS in which case you will not have questions to answer as to your age....................Peace to you.
Re: ADVICE HIM: He Wants To Retake Waec Due To The Age Demand Of Todays Job Adverts. by kongru(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
it does matta.....abolish d primary school result....go nd print anoda

(1) (Reply)

Novena University Admission FORM For 2015/2016 Session Is Now On Sale. Contact D / ... / To All Those Who Beleive They've Been Given Unjust Scores By Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.