Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Complaints Thread For Auto Section - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Complaints Thread For Auto Section (1413 Views)

Alldata .for Auto Diagnostic And Repair Of Cars / Christmas Greetings Exclusively For Auto Section / Need Agent For Auto Sales In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2009
Hello all!
I think it will better if we ‘d use this thread for all complaints as regard to any misrepresented advert with the link to the advert posted here for  monitor _1   to take the appropriate measures.

We will also use this thread to settle our differences rather than derailing someone’s thread.

Finally, I urge everybody to be checking this thread regularly for any information/critic that may concern his/her advert.
We need to move on my people,
What do you say?
Regards,
Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2009
Is it true Monitor and Inspired_men are now moderators of this section shocked shocked shocked

What qualities do you need to be a moderator angry Seun ain't I reasonable and approachable enough angry angry angry cry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Igwe reloaded, don't worry our own turn will come someday embarassed embarassed embarassed tongue
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Busy_body,
How are you?
My regards to your sister sisi jinx.

Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
Igwe!:

@Busy_body,
How are you?
My regards to your sister sisi jinx.

Igwe!

I dey fine jare, Your Royal Highness, SisiJinx made me promise not to tell you, but her folks ordered her to go to the village so that they can arrange a young virile hot-blooded young man for her, instead of contaminating herself with your old blood grin grin grin

But she still wants you for your money and your prestige, hence the reason I have to keep it a secret from you grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2009
MY bad,
Does that mean she was in the same private jet with Igwe 1 during the time of d accidental discharge? lol
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2009
Make una find work for  wwheelz  na, lol  he done dey resurrect dead threads like retrenched railway worker, abi na to raise his no. of posts. lol
wwheez ma guy, i dey salute oh. lol

Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2009
How for do na? I say man must make money from this posting thing jare cheesy cheesy Make you no let retrenched railway worker vex for you o grin grin
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2009
I'm cool man,
Nairaland is kinda unpredictable and also entertaining jare.
I come here to relax and enjoy free movies.
I remain Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2009
Entertaining is the magic word, it's a nice forum.
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Busybody2(f): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2009
Igwe!:

Make una find work for wwheelz na, lol he done dey resurrect death threads like retrenched railway worker, abi na to raise his no. of posts. lol
wwheez ma guy, i dey salute oh. lol

Igwe!

ROFLMAO, u is no well at all grin grin grin The Igwe I like is back, please don't hold back, don't show anyone mercy, I don tell you say you should be a comedian, lol grin grin grin
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by keba(m): 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ Igwe!
Is this really important, when some1 can actually report to the moderator??
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2009
keba:

@ Igwe!
Is this really important, when some1 can actually report to the moderator??
Making everything open on this forum would give the person an opportunity to fix whatever the problem is before the moderator or better still will help us know how the culprit feels about it .
Report to moderator link might not give the person the opportunity to defended himself.
Moreover, moderator is no God and has his/her own flaws, he might be needing our agitations,suggestions and criticisms to function properly.
Regards,
Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by keba(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
We should resolve amicably, right??
Bigups man cool cool
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2009
Please monitor 1, theres VIN omission in advert on link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226474.0.html
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2009
Attention! Attention!

There is a violation of auto rules and regulations at advert  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-237650.0.html & https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213146.0.html#msg3494869
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2009
I Just wish people can make this job less challenging  for monitor_1 at this stage.
What's good for a goose is also good for a gander.
Regards,
Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2009
Igwe!:

I Just wish people can make this job less challenging for monitor_1 at this stage.
What's good for a goose is also good for a gander.
Regards,
Igwe!

Please note that I have resolved to allow at least 24 hours to elapse after an Ad. is posted without VIN numbers, before politely reminding the dealer to post the VIN. Thanks.

Monitor_1
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Nobody: 3:53am On Feb 22, 2009
Igwe!:

Attention! Attention!

There is a violation of auto rules and regulations at advert  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-237650.0.html & https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213146.0.html#msg3494869

Igwe the Indefatigable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, I like  your spirit. Nothing gets you down, you just get up and dust off  cool cool
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 10:40am On Feb 22, 2009
wwheelz:

Igwe the Indefatigable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, I like  your spirit. Nothing gets you down, you just get up and dust off  cool cool
As long as we 're alive on earth, we all should keep our fire burning, we deserve a change  and I believe it can start from here; people that got us independence were imprisoned one time or the other, but the bottom line is that they got it.
To break it down for you;
My dad used to tell me that a hunter does not care about the injury from the gun powder as long as he caught what he was after.
Love you,

Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by IGWE8: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2009
Monitor_1:

Please note that I have resolved to allow at least 24 hours to elapse after an Ad. is posted without VIN numbers, before politely reminding the dealer to post the VIN. Thanks.

Monitor_1

That's so kind of you,as for me I'd say ; It could be better you remind them politely 10 minutes after their  posting without VIN, after which they can be given 24hrs to comply before the invasion by the railway workers  grin ,, as you can see now, some of them have embarked on reviving old threads cheesy which I think is far better than those agitating to be a moderator when we already have one undecided.
N.B
You have to define the penalty awaiting the defaulters, so we can know that this site is out for a serious business not just to entertain people with brands of cars.
To be continued . . . . .
Igwe!
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by monitor000(f): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2009
Should the VIN of a nigerian used car be posted?
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by monitor000(f): 11:25am On Feb 22, 2009
10minutes is too short.24hours may be okay but it all depends on the buyers in this forum not the window shoppers.
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Carwahala: 4:49pm On May 10, 2012
Help! My camry 2.2 98 model CHECK ENGINE light is on. It idles erratically,stalls and quits at stop signs. If I brake the RPM starts fluctuatin. I changed 02 sensors no way. Changed coil, plug wires, brainbox and injector no way. Two days ago I was told two valves(cylinders) are not firing. I gave them money to it,came back and no change in performance. Any advice guys
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by bigx(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2012
Carwahala: Help! My camry 2.2 98 model CHECK ENGINE light is on. It idles erratically,stalls and quits at stop signs. If I brake the RPM starts fluctuatin. I changed 02 sensors no way. Changed coil, plug wires, brainbox and injector no way. Two days ago I was told two valves(cylinders) are not firing. I gave them money to it,came back and no change in performance. Any advice guys

Scan it. Or Change the Engine
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Carwahala: 5:51pm On May 10, 2012
Heard dat may nt solve d problem. Scanned and was told to change 02 sensors which I did. Did anoda scan and was told to change brainbox which I'v don. Means dey dnt kno wats rong wit it. Does anyone know?Heard dat may nt solve d problem. Scanned and was told to change 02 sensors which I did. Did anoda scan and was told to change brainbox which I'v don. Means dey dnt kno wats rong wit it. Does anyone know?Heard dat may nt solve d problem. Scanned and was told to change 02 sensors which I did. Did anoda scan and was told to change brainbox which I'v don. Means dey dnt kno wats rong wit it. Does anyone know?
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Ikenna351(m): 8:38pm On May 10, 2012
Carwahala: Help! My camry 2.2 98 model CHECK ENGINE light is on. It idles erratically,stalls and quits at stop signs. If I brake the RPM starts fluctuatin. I changed 02 sensors no way. Changed coil, plug wires, brainbox and injector no way. Two days ago I was told two valves(cylinders) are not firing. I gave them money to it,came back and no change in performance. Any advice guys

Am not sure this is the right thread to post your car issue. But since you have done that, lets sort it out.

First, for someone to suggest to you to replace the engine is wrong, for the problem is not with the engine, but the electrics. So even if you replace the engine, the problem would or might still be there.

The best way to deal & fix that car now is by "eliminantion" method/diagnosis. Dont bother to waste your money anymore on scanning, since you are not getting any result from that.

Now, have you tried to find out the resistance values of the CTS (coolant temp sensor), both when engine is cold & warm? With a DMM (Digital Multimeter), you can find out the resistance & voltage values of the cts, to know if the sensor is still good. The CTS should be located on Thermostat Housing. A faulty cts can give such symptoms. But usually, your car would be running very thirsty & maybe emiting black smoke, hard starting every morning or when engine is hot/warm, when cts is faulty. Have you been having the symptoms i just mentioned?

A faulty cts can make a car hunt ( RPM fluctuation or engine revving up & down when its idling). But there is something else that usually makes a car/engine to be hunting at rpm when it fails. The component is IAC (Idle Air Control valve). The valve regulates & supplies air to intake manifold, for enough air for the air/fuel mixture, to stop engine from stalling while idling, since the throttle body butterfly closes when engine is idling. It also prevent engine from stalling at idle when a heavy load, like switching on A/C, is added to the engine. The IAC can be fixed by simply by pulling it out, cleaning it with carburetor cleaner & lubricating the valve inside, after the carb cleaner has dried. Depending on the system, a faulty cts can as well make an IAC to malfunction.

Have you checked to be sure you are not having vacuum leak? If any of the vacuum lines is leaking, it will throw off the proper working of ecu/ecm/pcm (so called brainbox by uninformed Nigerians).

Have you tried swapping in another AFM (Air flow meter)? I believe thats what Camry uses. Except yours is MAF or MAP system. Faulty AFM, MAF, IAT or MAP could give such symptoms.

But, except IAC, all other components mentioned above have one common symptom when they fail & its rich running (your car will be very thirsty). And the exhaust tail, usually, will be emitting black smoke at heavy acceleration.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Carwahala: 11:05pm On May 10, 2012
Ikenna I'm grateful for your concern and advise. First of all the car does not emit black smoke but very thirsty. And idles erratically when I brake and sometimes quits on motion. I also changed fuel pump and that's when it started slipping after gear 2. Kickdown stopped working.Yesterday it just kept revving without transmitting to 2. Can any of these components affect the transmission(gear)? Where is the IAC located in a camry 2.2 98? The car starts well even now and fires well when idle. When you engage gear,it moves well then changes but starts slipping after that. Very frustrating I must tell you especially when these ignorant mechanics keep telling you it's this or that. I'll check these components and get back to you. Lest I forget, could the EGR be the culprit?
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Ikenna351(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2012
Idle erractically? I dont understand. Do you mean it rough idles?

Ikenna.
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Carwahala: 12:02pm On May 11, 2012
Ikenna good day. Yes it rough idles,stall and quits when I brake or quits even while moving. Brake won't hold nd I'v been lucky not to hit car in front. Cant this affect the tranny?I want to know if you have an electrician that understands these problems and can rectify them. Please give me the person's number. Thanks
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Ikenna351(m): 12:37pm On May 11, 2012
Carwahala: Ikenna good day. Yes it rough idles,stall and quits when I brake or quits even while moving. Brake won't hold nd I'v been lucky not to hit car in front. Cant this affect the tranny?I want to know if you have an electrician that understands these problems and can rectify them. Please give me the person's number. Thanks

Relaible electrician?

First, I stay in Abuja, not in Lagos. Second, I fix my car electric issues by myself. I dont trust and rely on Abuja rewires.

Ikenna.
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Ikenna351(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2012
Have you checked the car ignition system? That is if you understand what i mean.

What type of ignition system your engine has? Distributor or Distributorless? If its distributorless, check the working of the 4 individual coil packs, including their leads. It will be easier to do this by pulling out the spark plugs. The condition of the spark plugs will tell you if all are working fine or one which is not working. If you find any that is not working, check the lead for leak. How to check lead for leak is by putting back the spark plugs in the cylinder head & start the car. While engine is idling, spray water mixed with detergent (little) on the leads. If any is leaking, it will produce a visible spark on the lead for you to see. Or you can run/rub your bare hands/palms on the spark plug leads while engine is running/idling. If you get an electric shock while touching any of the leads, there is your problem. Replace the lead or leads that electric shocks you. Though, i know no one wants to get an electric shock, even for the sake of fixing his car. grin So the former method could be your option. Meanwhile, if there is sign that a spark plug is not working, transfer a working coil pack to that non-working spark plug and see if it would work on that cylinder and the other not working on the other too. If it indicates that the coil pack is dead, replace the dead one.

If your engine has a Distributor, check for cracks on the distributor cap. If you cant find one, run your hands on the distributor cap, while engine is running, to know if you would get an electric shock. grin

TPS (Throttle Position sensor), if failed, cam make an auto transmission difficult to select gears or enter higher gears. Can you check the TPS with DMM to know the resistance and voltage values of the sensor when throttle butterfly is WOT (Wide Open Throttle) & closed?

The problem is, I dont know how many of our rewires in Nigeria that can troubleshoot a car with elimination method, like i have explained in all my posts here. So, am afraid, i cant recommend nightmares to you. Its high time you started fixing your car yourself. Its called INTEREST.

I wouldnt know where IAC is located on your engine, since i dont drive Japmobile like yours. But generally, IACs are located or mounted on Intake manifold or close to it.

Ikenna.
Re: Complaints Thread For Auto Section by Carwahala: 2:31pm On May 11, 2012
I live in Abuja also. Of course the INTEREST is there but one must be able to know what to look for and where to look. I joined toyota user's forum and on ebay I was able to see pictures of most of these things. But the fear of damaging more things is greater than courage to venture into it. I may have to go to a workshop and guide them using your explaination. You have been of great help and I cannot thank ynu enough. Wil keep you posted and will check back just in case you have more advise. My name is OKEY UKUTA. I'M A REALTOR. Need anything on real estate just let me know. 08077757207

(1) (Reply)

Ford Explorer 02 / Looking To Buy A 1998-2000 Rav4 Or Crv, Nigerian Used? Any Ideas? / How Much Does It Cost To Fix A Factory Fitted Ac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.