Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? (971 Views)

Why You Prefer Foreign Music And Genre To 9ja Afro-pop... / What's Your Favourite Genre Of Music? / Enjoy Over 1000 Genre Of Music On Seraphicinsights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by losprince(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hi viewers,
As we all know, music genres abounds. Giving us diverse choices to pick from whenever we want to listen to music, but then not all music can be listened to.

For people who love mutiple genres of music, each genre suits a certain mode.

As for me, hip hop/ rap is the best music genre out there, followed closely by pop, afro beat, jazz, and country. For me no genre of music can beat these.

Why I love rap so much is because it is just like poetry, expression of anything. From ones personal life experiences to anything about the society we live in. While dancehall is always talking about girls, lavishing money, clubbing and any other stuff to make you dance, rap tells a story-sometimes around these elements. That makes it listenable.

I personally don't listen to dancehall, maybe when I accidentally find myself in a dance situation, I will dance to it.

Over to you, what music genres do you live listening to? Which would you consider the best and why?
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
If e no be alternative/soft rock, e no fit be like am at all..
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
The op above said it all
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by dddrexjr(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
R&B #SamSmith#NickyMinaj#Drake#Chrisbrown#TreySongs#DemiLovaro#JasonDerulo#AugustAlsina#TaylorSwift#ArianaGrande#Beyounce#CalvinHarris#EllieGoulding#OneRepublic#OneDirection#Jeremih#Maroon5#Nico#Vinz#Omarion#Weekend#Selena &Justin grin
oboy i don tire...
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2015
for me, it's hip-hop/rap and rock cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by herald9: 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
losprince:
Hi viewers,
As we all know, music genres abounds. Giving us diverse choices to pick from whenever we want to listen to music, but then not all music can be listened to.

For people who love mutiple genres of music, each genre suits a certain mode.

As for me, hip hop/ rap is the best music genre out there, followed closely by pop, afro beat, jazz, and country. For me no genre of music can beat these.

Why I love rap so much is because it is just like poetry, expression of anything. From ones personal life experiences to anything about the society we live in. While dancehall is always talking about girls, lavishing money, clubbing and any other stuff to make you dance, rap tells a story-sometimes around these elements. That makes it listenable.

I personally don't listen to dancehall, maybe when I accidentally find myself in a dance situation, I will dance to it.

Over to you, what music genres do you live listening to? Which would you consider the best and why?

there's nothing like hip-hop music
that's why we chose it
and the world just can't refuse it

I always say hiphop is poetry in motion... The way they play with words, create witty rhyming patterns, to fast or slow beat and at the end it still makes meaning leaves one in awe and therefore makes hiphop several steps Better than other genre of music...

No other genre of music can penetrate your mind and alter your mood like hiphop.... It describes you so much that you wonder whether the dude knows you somewhere...

NP: J. Cole- wet dreams
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 10, 2015
herald9:

hey bruh,sup' with the other stuff ? you good with it already ?
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by herald9: 7:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Jregz:

hey bruh,sup' with the other stuff ? you good with it already ?
not yet bruh... We currently on our exams, so no tym 2 go thru it...
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2015
look mehn, i will forever be hip hop/rap, but i gotta admit, modern rap is kinda sh*t & the effects of listening to rap nowadays doesn't come close to the soothing, soul healing and body soul & tissue binding/rehabilitating effects of "HOUSE MUSIC". Yes i said it......HOUSE MUSIC.

Notable mentions; afro beat(esp burna boy's), Dubstep (skrillex),

Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2015
herald9:
not yet bruh... We currently on our exams, so no tym 2 go thru it...

alright man,best of luck with your exams

1 Like

Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 10, 2015
shockwave91:
look mehn, i will forever be hip hop/rap, but i gotta admit, modern rap is kinda sh*t & the effects of listening to rap nowadays doesn't come close to the soothing, soul healing and body soul & tissue binding/rehabilitating effects of "HOUSE MUSIC". Yes i said it......HOUSE MUSIC.

Notable mentions; afro beat(esp burna boy's), Dubstep (skrillex),
woah,i listen to skrillex too...like him a lot
Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Jregz:
woah,i listen to skrillex too...like him a lot
yeah mehn.......dude's awesome cheesy

Re: What Genre Of Music Would You Consider The Best? by losprince(m): 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Lalasticlala howfar na

(1) (Reply)

What The Hell Is Wrong With Nigerian Music Today / Rate The New Song "OMG" ( Free Me ) By P-square (music Review) / Different Types Of Headphones You Didn't Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.