Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,043 members, 7,953,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Apple Makes Swift Programming Language Open Source - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Apple Makes Swift Programming Language Open Source (751 Views)

Swift Programming / About Apples's Swift Programming Language / Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Makes Swift Programming Language Open Source by JackOfAllTrades: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
This is incredibly important to us software developers, because it means that they we can understand how the technology works under the hood, down to every line of code, then make our own improvements that we can submit to potentially get included in the main project. It gives a single developer the chance to make a huge impact on a popular piece of software.
That's why announcement got the loudest cheers at yesterday's WWDC keynote, beating out a new iOS, a new Mac OS X, and Apple's new music streaming service.
Re: Apple Makes Swift Programming Language Open Source by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
This is incredibly important to us software developers, because it means that they we can understand how the technology works under the hood, down to every line of code, then make our own improvements that we can submit to potentially get included in the main project. It gives a single developer the chance to make a huge impact on a popular piece of software.
That's why announcement got the loudest cheers at yesterday's WWDC keynote, beating out a new iOS, a new Mac OS X, and Apple's new music streaming service.

Time to.go learn obj c
Re: Apple Makes Swift Programming Language Open Source by AAinEqGuinea: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Open source? angry

Anyone wanna buy a now useless, slightly used MacBook I brought for xcode
Re: Apple Makes Swift Programming Language Open Source by JackOfAllTrades: 7:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
Open source? angry

Anyone wanna buy a now useless, slightly used MacBook I brought for xcode
It's not completely useless tho, I am yet to discover any articles about xcode being cross platform, or iPhone simulators

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity For I.T/programmers/sql/database Guys / I Need A Mobile App Developer / Facebook, Instagram Down For Some Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.