Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA (23916 Views)

Armed Robbers, Kidnappers & Child Trafficker Arrested By Abia Police (Photos) / Drug Trafficker Arrested For Trying To Smuggle Cannabis Inform Of Indomie / Disabled Nigerian Drug Trafficker Dies Of Swallowed Cocaine Pellets In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by bobonicez: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
A 23-year-old Lebanese national, Yve Awad, has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for allegedly attempting to traffic cocaine to Lebanon.

The suspect, who was arrested during outbound screening of passengers on Middle East Airline flight at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, was caught with 260 grammes of cocaine.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), a statement by the Head of Media and Public Affairs of the agency, Mitchell Oyojefu), said the information leading to the arrest of the suspect was supplied by FAAN officials.

The NDLEA commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, who provided details on the arrest, said the drug was hidden inside Awad’s boxer shorts.

Umar, who disclosed that the suspect hold dual citizenship of Nigeria and Lebanon, said: “I am happy that FAAN assisted us in making this arrest. When the drug was field tested, it proved positive for cocaine.

“The suspect holds dual citizenship of Nigeria and Lebanon. He was found to have travelled to Nigeria from Lebanon six times since January. The case is under investigation.”

The suspect, in his confession, said a friend asked him to buy the drug for him.

He said: “I was born in Lagos and I attended Lebanese Community School, Yaba, Lagos. After my secondary education in Nigeria, I got admission to study my A levels at Notre Dame University in Lebanon.

“My friend in Lebanon gave me money to buy cocaine for him. At the airport, the drug was detected and I was arrested and taken to NDLEA office. The drug was tested and it was found to be cocaine.”

Hamza added that the suspect will soon be charged to court for unlawful possession and exportation of cocaine, adding that if found guilty by the court, he could spend the next 15 years in prison.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ndlea-arrests-lebanese-man-for-hiding-cocaine-in-boxers/211547/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
I'm dumbfounded the way Tinubu were when he heard about Saraki's emerging as the senate president. Abeg, just box him with the cocaine & ship him to Indonesia.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
people don't even succeed wen dey shove it up dere p*ssy,he thinks he can by putting it in his boxers undecided

B/w
I think dere should b a death sentence on foreigners trafficking cocaine, since most countries kill foreign drug traffickers

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Burger01(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
Good job smiley
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Chukwutobi: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
That is not new
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by stanbuggy(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
1st to comment! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by overlord29(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
wink Baking Soda...his in LOve with tha coco

5 Likes

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by DahtzFestjayz: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
H4CK
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Rainmaker69(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
One day bush meat go catch the hunter.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Pavore9: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
This guy gather mind o!
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Princenady(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
wow
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Hysmady(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
grin I'am in love with the coco

4 Likes

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by jamex93(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
tank God dem catch am
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
..... anyway are u interested in joining our VIP group
for daily winnings in football bets, check my
signature for more details.

Pls, don't just ask for free games cos I paid for dem too.

The daily odds ranges from 2.3-7 odds per day and it costs 5k a week or 15k a month

Only for biz minded

no risk no reward .

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by softnipples(f): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Who else thinks this lebaness should be executed? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by wisestman(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Do we now manufacture cocaine in dis country??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by akinola107(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
thank God i dey laugh........
after i don used fly boat enter office

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by naijainfogalery: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Its like the more they announce catching someone the more attractive this thing gets. For example see cigarette:
They started with smoking is dangerous to your health this was when less than 1% of the population were smoking but immediately they changed it to Smokers are liable to die young omo the numbers increased.

may be stories like this should stop making headlines lol

3 Likes

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by aaamos(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Kk
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by kay29000(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
What!!? There is a Lebanese High School in Yaba? Was this guy high when he was writing his statement? And how do you try to smuggle 'Coke' through customs by hiding it in your boxers? He might as well have held it in his hand while walking through customs. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by simongonner: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by oloworulz(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Ok. We ve heard
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by LMAyedun(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
23yrs old?
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
And some junkies were gonna sniff cocaine that's been around someone's junk. Smh

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by bornmekus: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Ok,that is it.

5 Likes

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by jawd20: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
omor
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by springtech(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Good for him. Wish he cud be made to face the death sentence too just as they do to our brothers caught in the middle east & Asian countries.
Smh.
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by MizTyna(f): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
No picture? If he were to be Nigerian i'm sure they would've organised a photoshoot for him. Glad he was arrested anyway

8 Likes

Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by agarawu23(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
chai
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by henrysilver(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
This is sooo bad..
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by ionsman: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
Straight to the court and then the gallows....No more mercy afterall they show us none. angry
Re: Lebanese Drug Trafficker Arrested By NDLEA by adedayourt(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
softnipples:
Who else thinks this lebaness should be executed? undecided

s for softnipples

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Tying Awo Villagers Spiritually In Imo (Photos) / SARS Operatives Broke Into A Private Hostel In AAU, Ekpoma To Harass Students / Policemen Torture Lagos Motorcycle Rider To Death (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.