Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed (1734 Views)

Please Rate This Light Weight Pc Software I Developed (getgist). / Quadratic Equation Solving App I Developed In Python / Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by elvis10ten(m): 12:46am On Jun 10, 2015
Still working on it. But needed some reviews on the design

Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by ITbomb(m): 12:57am On Jun 10, 2015
Just caught my attention so let me drop this before I sleep

There was a reason most designers place the keypad button below - so that you can use one hand and access your keypad.

With your design, I can just imagine the stress of having to use both hands for a simple task cos obviously, there is no way one hand would hold the phone and still reach the keypad with the thumb

5 Likes

Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by ballantyne: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2015
ITbomb:

There was a reason most designers place the keypad button below - so that you can use one hand and access your keypad.

With your design, I can just imagine the stress of having to use both hands for a simple task cos obviously, there is no way one hand would hold the phone and still reach the keypad with the thumb
In Android Lollipop, The keypad button is at that position and it is not hard to reach as you illustrate.

elvis10ten, I don't understand why you placed a "dial" button on an ongoing call page. To start another call? but there is the keypad already.
Most of the improvements that can be made on the ongoing call page I think is in action input mechanism Like double tap to end a call, swipe up the screen to bring up the keypad etc

1 Like

Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by elvis10ten(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2015
ballantyne:

In Android Lollipop, The keypad button is at that position and it is not hard to reach as you illustrate.

elvis10ten, I don't understand why you placed a "dial" button on an ongoing call page. To start another call? but there is the keypad already.
Most of the improvements that can be made on the ongoing call page I think is in action input mechanism Like double tap to end a call, swipe up the screen to bring up the keypad etc
Its suppose to be hidden on an ongoing call page. but just made everything visible for the screenshot. Thanks.
Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by elvis10ten(m): 11:06am On Jun 10, 2015
ITbomb:

ok thanks. will push the buttons down. was following the android material design dialers. http://cdn.jailbreakmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/lollipop-dialer-.png . but so far haven't had any p accessing them with one hand.
Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Cool one Elvis. Keep honing your skills man, I'll come for you soon
Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 16, 2015
Are you the owner of the site you pasted a link to? if so more work needs to be done on the site security, I could access the directories of the site just by editing the link.
http://cdn.jailbreakmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/
Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by elvis10ten(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
53cur3m0d3:
Cool one Elvis. Keep honing your skills man, I'll come for you soon
OK. thank u.
Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by elvis10ten(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
AkunneObinna:
Are you the owner of the site you pasted a link to? if so more work needs to be done on the site security, I could access the directories of the site just by editing the link.
http://cdn.jailbreakmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/
Nah, I ain't the owner. thanks anyway
Re: How Do You See This Dialer Design I Developed by barbdvegeen: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
yes this design looks great except for the fact this design is everything ppl hate when it comes to consumer comfort and experience. Think about it, would you choose the option where you can manage everything with one hand on the screen or the option to poke all around the screen with both hands, which option is far more efficient. Think about that. wink

(1) (Reply)

Face Recognition File Manager For Your Pc (free) / How Do I Design A Computerised Stock (inventory) Card? / Recommend Ways To Power My Laptop 24/7 (pocket Friendly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.