Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Naturalista's Handbook | Knowing the natural hair Lingo - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Naturalista's Handbook | Knowing the natural hair Lingo (444 Views)

#mambo Twist, #elixirhair #crochethair #naturalhairstyles #naturalista / Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) / Wedding Hairstyles For The Naturalista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Naturalista's Handbook | Knowing the natural hair Lingo by Sophie23(f): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hi cupcakes!

Starting out as a newbie Naturalista might seem like a lot of work. Too many times we encounter particular hair issues we have no clue how to deal with. When we do find solutions, There's just too many things to look up, to learn and digest.
And the slangs? Down right difficult to understand!

I decided to put together a list of some of the slangs I've come across so far since my BC. This info really helped me a lot, so I'm certain that it would help you as well.
The list will grow as my journey continues.

Stay stylish ❤❤

1st, 2nd and 3rd day hair; this refers to how the hair looks or how well it held up after a few days.

2,3abc,4a, 4b, 4c ; this refers to hair typing classification system.

ACV: Apple Cider Vinegar. A rinse, Used as hair detox.

Alopecia: this refers to an abnormal hair loss.

APL: armpit length

BAA: Big Ass Afro.....

For more info, please click the link in my bio or visit http://Sophiestylish..com

(1) (Reply)

Deal Of The Day At Bestbuy-micostarmall / Help!!! .. Need You Guys / Interesting To See What Choices We Get Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.