Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Why Do Nigerians Pay Bail Money At The Police Station, Knowing Bail Is Free? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerians Pay Bail Money At The Police Station, Knowing Bail Is Free? (727 Views)

Knowing More About Our World. / Powers And Responsibilities Of The Police / Rick Ross Released From Jail, Finally Granted Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Pay Bail Money At The Police Station, Knowing Bail Is Free? by todayguest(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
While I was reading comments in reply to IGP's statement on "Nigeria Police are the least corrupt Institution in Nigeria" From the replies, one statement was more frequently referred to: "they said bail is free, yet, they are collecting money for bail" This statement, made me uncomfortable. In my curiousity to find answers, I created this thread. Why do we pay Bail Money knowing fully well that, Bail is Free and not insist it must be free or simply asking the police to charge the case to court, if, they have a case? What are we afraid of? To find answers, I asked a few of my friends to get their reaction, and this is what they said. Abdul: though it's illegal. It's the shorter means to regain back freedom. It also helps to reduce or dictate the tune of the charge(s) Outnet: to create relationship with the police and to avoid being detained with hardened criminal or being molested by them. Tokong: because of the unhealthy state of their cells. Like in my place, if they take you court to and remanded in prison custody, automatically you're an ex-convict. Nobody cares if you're eventually found not guilty. Away-match:to make the police be lenient in the case. Also for the fear of torture by others inmates in the cells, fear of the court and going to jail. What is your take. Please share your thoughts and experiences to educate and inform. Thank you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Pay Bail Money At The Police Station, Knowing Bail Is Free? by Jboy8844(m): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
Food for thought
Re: Why Do Nigerians Pay Bail Money At The Police Station, Knowing Bail Is Free? by Welrez(m): 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
To make evade the bottomless bog called bureaucracy!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Pay Bail Money At The Police Station, Knowing Bail Is Free? by akunjohn(m): 12:00am On Jun 11, 2015
Abeg,na only nairaland make we dey discuss dat one o,if u reach police station dey yarn dis den u go knw say u no go see d sun again be dat o.

#Nobemetalkamo!

(1) (Reply)

The Beautiful Ones Are Gone... / Catholic Priest Spat Upon At Gay Pride Parade / My Roomate Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp Wearing Only A Short Boxers And Singlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.