Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware (2048 Views)

How To Fix PS4 Blinking Blue Light {hardware Fix} 100% Fix / Outrageous Prices Of Game Consoles By Sellers / Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware by basille(m): 2:43am On Jun 11, 2015
Good day all, i often find this confusing, i mean why consoles run games better than equivalent PC hardware, taking a look at the PlayStation 3, it uses just 256 MB (off a total of 512) of ram and a GPU equivalent to Nvidia 7800GTX (a 2005 GPU) but can still keep up with some modern titles at decent frame rates, whereas a PC with same specs won't be able to achieve such.

I'm no genius when it comes to graphics, but the only reasonable conclusion i could reach is the developers not optimizing the games well enough, but even at that, PC's has the highest concentration of Dev's, 3rd party dev's and also numerous fan boys willing to modd every aspect of games to their taste, and also a PC is much more powerful than consoles.

I would love to hear your inputs.

Re: Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware by Proffdada: 6:55am On Jun 11, 2015
basille:
Good day all, i often find this confusing, i mean why consoles run games better than equivalent PC hardware, taking a look at the PlayStation 3, it uses just 256 MB (off a total of 512) of ram and a GPU equivalent to Nvidia 7800GTX (a 2005 GPU) but can still keep up with some modern titles at decent frame rates, whereas a PC with same specs won't be able to achieve such.

I'm no genius when it comes to graphics, but the only reasonable conclusion i could reach is the developers not optimizing the games well enough, but even at that, PC's has the highest concentration of Dev's, 3rd party dev's and also numerous fan boys willing to modd every aspect of games to their taste, and also a PC is much more powerful than consoles.

it's simply because the console has been hardwired to perform only one purpose but the PC has many tasks going on simultaneously. A console is simply a PC which has all non gaming features removed
Re: Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
basille:

U say d PS3 can keep with some modern titles. Some of the only modern titles on the ps3 now are GTA V, fifa 15, bf4, bfh, etc and that gtx 7800 can still manage to play those games at least on low settings and Full HD(1920x1080) and probably at 60 fps. The PS3 cant handle games at FHD neither can it play games up to 60fps. And besides the PS3 games get optimised a lot which is why u can still play some modern games on it. Whereas on pc, the games are also well optimised most times, but devs still expect pc users to upgrade their hardwares if they want to keep up with new titles dat re being released(which is why the pc has an an edge over consoles. Bcoz of being able to upgrade). Besides, most devs have already stopped making games for ps3 & xbox 360 and so the old gen consoles are fast vecoming obsolete..
Re: Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware by basille(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Proffdada:
it's simply because the console has been hardwired to perform only one purpose but the PC has many tasks going on simultaneously. A console is simply a PC which has all non gaming features removed
I have done some intensive research, i now understand better, though consoles do have underground programmes running in their background.

I wish there was someway one can install Xbox OS or Orbit OS on PC's/laptops. The performances of the PC would definitely handicap that of consoles.

Talking about optimization, the PS4 uses only 4.5gb of the allocated 8gb memory, and i think it probably doesn't use all its cpu cores when gaming but it still manages to give a reasonable output, compare this to PC's, the unused PS4 3.5gb ram should probably cancel out all simultaneous memory hogging applications running in the background of the PC, plus a pc has stronger proccessor. My base point is, i honestly see no reason why pc's with similar specs suck at gaming.
Re: Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware by basille(m): 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U say d PS3 can keep with some modern titles. Some of the only modern titles on the ps3 now are GTA V, fifa 15, bf4, bfh, etc and that gtx 7800 can still manage to play those games at least on low settings and Full HD(1920x1080) and probably at 60 fps. The PS3 cant handle games at FHD neither can it play games up to 60fps. And besides the PS3 games get optimised a lot which is why u can still play some modern games on it. Whereas on pc, the games are also well optimised most times, but devs still expect pc users to upgrade their hardwares if they want to keep up with new titles dat re being released(which is why the pc has an an edge over consoles. Bcoz of being able to upgrade). Besides, most devs have already stopped making games for ps3 & xbox 360 and so the old gen consoles are fast vecoming obsolete..
I don't understand the bolded, how is that possible.
Quick question: what's the specs of the system in your profile.
Re: Why Do Consoles Run Games Better Than Equivalent Or Better PC Hardware by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
basille:
I don't understand the bolded, how is that possible.
Quick question: what's the specs of the system in your profile.
I said d gpu can manage to play some modern games at d lowest of settings.
The làptop has 8gig ram and nvidia 820m. Not a very powerful pc. Looking to upgrade soon

(1) (Reply)

Devil May Cry 2 Ppsspp Highly Compressed Android / Play Games Get Paid / 90% Edit Of 16 Super Eagles Players PES (PS2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.