Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Oshiomhole Bags Labor Award - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Oshiomhole Bags Labor Award (382 Views)

Oshiomhole Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree [see Photos All The Photos] / Hospitalized Wife Of Nigeria’s Junior Minister For Labor James Ocholi Dead / Seun Kuti Posts Oshiomhole's N17m Trip To Miami On Twitter To Confirm Or Deny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Bags Labor Award by donfidelio(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2015
Oshiomhole bags labour award

THE Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service, Technical and Recreation Service Employees (AUPCTRE)  has bestowed the award of Commander-in-Chief of the Nigeria Labour Congress and Grand Patron of the Union on Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State.

President of the Union, Comrade Solomon Adelaja said AUPCTRE bestowed the award on the Edo State Governor because he is a worthy ambassador of the labour union.

Speaking during the award ceremony, Adelaja said: “we concluded the need for us to appreciate you because, talking about labour movement in Nigeria, you are not only a worthy ambassador but a leader of labour in Nigeria today.

“When we look around, we have so many politicians, the moment they are elected and sworn in, they forget all their constituents but you were with us in Abuja when the NLC election came up, when it was aborted and it was later reconvened at Eagles Square you were also with us.”

Comrade Adelaja continued: “When we had crisis after the elections, you were not discouraged, you were busy moving from one place to another to ensure we have a united Nigeria Labour Congress. For not forgetting your constituency and the role you have been playing, we want to appreciate you for this.

“Like you know, this Union has produced labour leaders not only in Nigeria but across the globe and so we have a shortlist of about four to five past leaders for special awards for being visionary. When we considered the role you played, we give you kudos. If not for you, there wouldn’t have been any union as AUPCTRE. In addition to this, we are aware of your resolve to give priority to the payment of salaries of workers in the state even before the last working day of every month .”

Comrade Adelaja added, “Today, we have many states that earn about four times more than Edo State earns from the Federation Account but they never make workers salary a priority. They owe workers 3 to 5 months salary, even as I speak to you, I am aware that Edo State has paid May salary to the workers.

“As a result of this, we have decided to come personally to thank you, appreciate you and say we are proud to associate ourselves with your leadership.  Many who were out of job in Edo Line Transport Company are back to their work and all members of staff are praying for you. As a man of honor and respect, we present to you today the Award of Commander-in-Chief of Labour Forces in Nigeria and a Pillar of Labour in Nigeria.”

In his remark, Governor Oshiomhole expressed appreciation to the National Leadership of AUPCTRE for the honour bestowed on him.

According to him, “I am very thankful and indeed I feel very flattered by a lot of the very generous comments you made about my person and my contribution to the merger process that led to Civil Service, Technical becoming  Amalgamated Union of Public Corporation, Civil Service, Technical and Recreational Employees, AUPCTRE, thereby becoming a much larger body within the Nigeria Labour union family.”

Oshiomhole while describing his relationship with erstwhile Comrades in union activities said, “Your union has been a remarkable ally and has produced a number of leaders that have contributed and helped to shape the direction of labour movement in Nigeria.

“The Civil Service Technical now AUPCTRE can be said to be the real founder of modern labour in Nigeria and I am very impressed that you Mr. President have sustained the tradition”, he said.

--------------------------------------------
Comrade Solomon Adelaja, President Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service, Technical and Recreation Service Employees (AUPCTRE) (middle) and Secretary, Comrade Bosede Oise (left) present a Merit Award to Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State during a visit to the Governor.

Re: Oshiomhole Bags Labor Award by CountDracula(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Congrats ugly man

(1) (Reply)

Outer Skin Seem More Glorious And Vibrant. / Music: Kcee – Love Boat Ft. Diamond Platinumz (prod. By Del B) -FULL TRACK / Who Is NMJ And The "Akanaba Dance" Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.