Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business (969 Views)

Start Your Own Business Today / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Work At Home Internet Business / 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by WebSnaz(m): 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Starting a New Business might be challenging and intimidating at first but it’s definitely worth the effort and risks.

Here are the Top 12 Reasons to start your own business.

(01) You get to be your own Boss and Manager.
(02) You will make more money aside your salary (PLEASE NOTE: the profits may not start rolling immediately).
(03) You eventually have more spare time to spend with loved ones (i.e. more flexible lifestyle).
(04) You get to be Financially Independent.
(05) You get to create jobs for others as your business grows.
(06) You can work from (or work in) any location you desire.
(07) You will gain entrepreneurial experience and skills.
(08) You get to pursue your passion and thus have more fulfillment.
(09) You will have more time to learn new skills.
(10) You get to set your own work schedule (i.e. more flexibility in work time).
(11) You get to build your own workforce.
(12) You get to inspire other upcoming entrepreneurs.

It is also important to note of the following if you want to start your own business:
1. Find-out the type of Business you will be Passionate about.

2. The Business you decide to start MUST meet peoples’ needs. There should be a market where the type of Products or Services you will be offering will be in demand, if not, you might not get enough customers/clients to patronize you.

3. If you are already on a paid employment (i.e. “9-5 Job”), it is advisable to start a business that you can manage on weekends. If you have a very tight work-schedule, you can have your spouse (if you are married and your spouse is unemployed) to manage it for you while you concentrate on your paid employment.

4. Start small.

5. Write a Business Plan for each of the Businesses you intend to start.

Please contact me on: websnazsolutions@gmail.com If you need a Business Plan or you are presently writing one for your business but need assistance on how to go about this.

In addition, you can also check out my Previous Nairaland post which listed out the benefits of having/updating the Business Plan of your Business by clicking on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2315828/business-plans-nigerian-businesses

I strongly suggest you start planning to start a business you will be passionate about TODAY.

Please feel free to add your own comments on the advantages and importance of starting a business if it is not already stated above.

WebSnaz Solutions
The Business Plan Writers
websnazsolutions@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by SalesConsultant(m): 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nice post
Re: Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by barry40: 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
[size=14pt]People taught that starting your own business is very risky. I will rather say that it is more risky working for another person. If you take time to acquire the necessary skills needed to run a business, you can reduce the risk to a minimum level. To learn entrepreneurship, visit http://businessinfohub.com[/size]

Re: Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by inventiveguru(m): 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
That company you are working for will only make you look good for them to achieve their goals. If you don't achieve your dream, other people will pay you to help them do.
Re: Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by Ejiogbe(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2015
Many people do not know exactly what business to do. This has been a major headache for them. So, what is the way out? I think you need to look at your passion. What are you passionate about? This could provide a direction to the kind of ventures you should be looking at. It has also been said times without number that fulfilling the yearning needs of the people in your area is the easiest way to start a thriving business. What are these needs? Items of everyday use readily come to mind. Items like laundry soap, bathing soap, detergent, liquid soap, antiseptic lotion, food items etc.command regular demand daily. Give anyone of these items and a host of others a trial and you will thank God www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by WebSnaz(m): 10:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
SalesConsultant:
Nice post

@ SalesConsultant: Thank you.

inventiveguru:
That company you are working for will only make you look good for them to achieve their goals. If you don't achieve your dream, other people will pay you to help them do.

@ inventiveguru: Yes, you are very correct.

Ejiogbe:
Many people do not know exactly what business to do. This has been a major headache for them. So, what is the way out? I think you need to look at your passion. What are you passionate about? This could provide a direction to the kind of ventures you should be looking at. It has also been said times without number that fulfilling the yearning needs of the people in your area is the easiest way to start a thriving business. What are these needs? Items of everyday use readily come to mind. Items like laundry soap, bathing soap, detergent, liquid soap, antiseptic lotion, food items etc.command regular demand daily. Give anyone of these items and a host of others a trial and you will thank God

@ Ejiogbe: I agree with you. The first step to take in knowing the Business Ventures you will be very passionate about is to discover one's self. You need to know your Skills and what you are very good or gifted at.
Examples:
- If you are skillful at Writing, you can start a Blog or Write articles for Magazines.
- If you are good with Cooking/Baking, you can start a Catering Business.
- If you have a great flair for Fashion or you love making people look good, you can start any of these businesses: Fashion Designing, Salon, Bead-Making or Make-up Business.
- etc.

@ Everyone: The most important thing to note when planning is to start a Business that you will be passionate about and at the same time meet people's needs. Also ensure to Plan properly before you "Plunge in" into any Business. "He who FAILS to PLAN, PLAN to FAIL"

I sincerely wish you all success in all your Business Ventures.

WebSnaz Solutions
The Business Plan Writers
websnazsolutions@gmail.com

(Contact us to have your Business Plan written)
Re: Top 12 Reasons To Start Your Own Business by barry40: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
inventiveguru:
It is called golden handcuff. Sharpen your entrepreneurial mind by reading top business articles at www.businessinfohub.com

(1) (Reply)

MTN CallerFeel Adverts Portraying Nigerian Ladies In A Bad Light / Know Your Bank Verification Number Easily / Recharge Card Printing Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.