Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Is ISIS Sharing Of War Booty Islamic? ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is ISIS Sharing Of War Booty Islamic? ? (1352 Views)

Issue Regarding Sharing Of Property Of The Dead / WhatsApp Group For Sharing Islamic Videos / Audios (lectures/semons/music) / Islamic View On Profit Sharing In Taxi Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is ISIS Sharing Of War Booty Islamic? ? by parisbookaddict(f): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
My conversions with a muslim today revealed something i haven't given much thought. ..the issue of war booty. ..

U need to undertsand something about war booty. ..

When mohammed defeated a tribe during his many wars , his victorious men looted food stuffs, clothes, gold etc after the battle from the dying or dead men, the injured, the exhausted old women, the raped women, the young kids who were later sold into slavery as well as their mothers who became sex slaves for the muslim warriors..

The Muslim 9jaforlife proudly declared that one fifth of the loot went to mohammed specially for the propagation of Islam (see pic below for his comment)..

Here is a little narrative on the details of war booty as contained in the hadiths

-Anfal 8:41:

And know that whatever of war-booty that you may gain, verily one-fifth (1/5th) of it is assigned to Allâh, and to the Messenger, and to the near relatives [of the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)], (and also) the orphans, Al-Masâkin (the poor) and the wayfarer, if you have believed in Allâh and in that which We sent down to Our slave (Muhammad SAW) on the Day of criterion (between right and wrong), the Day when the two forces met (the battle of Badr) - And Allâh is Able to do all things.

Al-Ahzab 33:27:

And He caused you to inherit their lands, and their houses, and their riches, and a land which you had not trodden (before). And Allâh is Able to do all things.

Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Book #34, Hadith #432:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of Booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interrupt us?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence.
Book #38, Hadith #503:

Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam and Al-Miswar bin Makhrama: When the delegates of the tribe of Hawazin after embracing Islam, came to Allah's Apostle, he got up. They appealed to him to return their properties and their captives. Allah's Apostle said to them, "The most beloved statement to me is the true one. So, you have the option of restoring your properties or your captives, for I have delayed distributing them." The narrator added, Allah's Apostle c had been waiting for them for more than ten days on his return from Taif. When they realized that Allah's Apostle would return to them only one of two things, they said, "We choose our captives." So, Allah's Apostle got up in the gathering of the Muslims, praised Allah as He deserved, and said, "Then after! These brethren of yours have come to you with repentance and I see it proper to return their captives to them. So, whoever amongst you likes to do that as a favor, then he can do it, and whoever of you wants to stick to his share till we pay him from the very first Booty which Allah will give us then he can do so." The people replied, "We agree to give up our shares willingly as a favor for Allah's Apostle." Then Allah's Apostle said, "We don't know who amongst you has agreed and who hasn't. Go back and your chiefs may tell us your opinion." So, all of them returned and their chiefs discussed the matter with them and then they (i.e. their chiefs) came to Allah's Apostle to tell him that they (i.e. the people) had given up their shares gladly and willingly.

Book #52, Hadith #286:

Narrated Salama bin Al-Akwa: "An infidel spy came to the Prophet while he was on a journey. The spy sat with the companions of the Prophet and started talking and then went away. The Prophet said (to his companions), 'Chase and kill him.' So, I killed him." The Prophet then gave him the belongings of the killed spy (in addition to his share of the war Booty).

Book #52, Hadith #301:

Narrated Anas: The Prophet performed 'Umra, setting out from Al-Jarana where he distributed the war Booty of Hunain.
Book #53, Hadith #325:

Narrated 'Aisha: (mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. Booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle. She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the property of Allah's Apostle which he left at Khaibar, and Fadak, and his property at Medina (devoted for charity). Abu Bakr refused to give her that property and said, "I will not leave anything Allah's Apostle used to do, because I am afraid that if I left something from the Prophet's tradition, then I would go astray." (Later on) Umar gave the Prophet's property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to 'Ali and 'Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Allah's Apostle used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler." (Az-Zuhrl said, "They have been managed in this way till today."wink

Book #53, Hadith #359:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: 'Uthman did not join the Badr battle because he was married to one of the daughters of Allah's Apostle and she was ill. So, the Prophet said to him. "You will get a reward and a share (from the war Booty) similar to the reward and the share of one who has taken part in the Badr battle."

Book #59, Hadith #53:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Apostle divided (the war Booty of Khaibar) with the ratio of two shares for the horse and one-share for the foot soldier. (The sub-narrator, Nafi' explained this, saying, "If a man had a horse, he was given three shares and if he had no horse, then he was given one share."wink

Book #59, Hadith #625:

Narrated 'Abdullah: When it was the day of Hunain, Prophet favored some people over some others (in the distribution of the booty). He gave Al-Aqra' one-hundred camels and gave Uyaina the same, and also gave other people (of Quraish). A man said, "Allah's Pleasure was not the aim, in this distribution." I said, "I will inform the Prophet (about your statement)." The Prophet said, "May Allah bestow Mercy on Moses, for he was troubled more this but he remained patient."

[size=15pt]

Why is war booty so important to jihadist Muslims and is it right that it is used to spread islam as practised by mohammed just like how ISIS is doing..[/size]

Re: Is ISIS Sharing Of War Booty Islamic? ? by 9jaforlife: 12:07am On Jun 13, 2015
parisbookaddict:
[size=2pt] My conversions with a muslim today revealed something i haven't given much thought. ..the issue of war booty. ..

U need to undertsand something about war booty. ..

When mohammed defeated a tribe during his many wars , his victorious men looted food stuffs, clothes, gold etc after the battle from the dying or dead men, the injured, the exhausted old women, the raped women, the young kids who were later sold into slavery as well as their mothers who became sex slaves for the muslim warriors..

[/size] The Muslim 9jaf.orlife proudly declared that one fifth of the loot went to Mohammed Allah specially for the propagation of Islam (see pic below for his comment).. [size=2pt]

Here is a little narrative on the details of war booty as contained in the hadiths

-Anfal 8:41:

And know that whatever of war-booty that you may gain, verily one-fifth (1/5th) of it is assigned to Allâh, and to the Messenger, and to the near relatives [of the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)], (and also) the orphans, Al-Masâkin (the poor) and the wayfarer, if you have believed in Allâh and in that which We sent down to Our slave (Muhammad SAW) on the Day of criterion (between right and wrong), the Day when the two forces met (the battle of Badr) - And Allâh is Able to do all things.

Al-Ahzab 33:27:

And He caused you to inherit their lands, and their houses, and their riches, and a land which you had not trodden (before). And Allâh is Able to do all things.

Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Book #34, Hadith #432:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of Booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interrupt us?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence.
Book #38, Hadith #503:

Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam and Al-Miswar bin Makhrama: When the delegates of the tribe of Hawazin after embracing Islam, came to Allah's Apostle, he got up. They appealed to him to return their properties and their captives. Allah's Apostle said to them, "The most beloved statement to me is the true one. So, you have the option of restoring your properties or your captives, for I have delayed distributing them." The narrator added, Allah's Apostle c had been waiting for them for more than ten days on his return from Taif. When they realized that Allah's Apostle would return to them only one of two things, they said, "We choose our captives." So, Allah's Apostle got up in the gathering of the Muslims, praised Allah as He deserved, and said, "Then after! These brethren of yours have come to you with repentance and I see it proper to return their captives to them. So, whoever amongst you likes to do that as a favor, then he can do it, and whoever of you wants to stick to his share till we pay him from the very first Booty which Allah will give us then he can do so." The people replied, "We agree to give up our shares willingly as a favor for Allah's Apostle." Then Allah's Apostle said, "We don't know who amongst you has agreed and who hasn't. Go back and your chiefs may tell us your opinion." So, all of them returned and their chiefs discussed the matter with them and then they (i.e. their chiefs) came to Allah's Apostle to tell him that they (i.e. the people) had given up their shares gladly and willingly.

Book #52, Hadith #286:

Narrated Salama bin Al-Akwa: "An infidel spy came to the Prophet while he was on a journey. The spy sat with the companions of the Prophet and started talking and then went away. The Prophet said (to his companions), 'Chase and kill him.' So, I killed him." The Prophet then gave him the belongings of the killed spy (in addition to his share of the war Booty).

Book #52, Hadith #301:

Narrated Anas: The Prophet performed 'Umra, setting out from Al-Jarana where he distributed the war Booty of Hunain.
Book #53, Hadith #325:

Narrated 'Aisha: (mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. Booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle. She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the property of Allah's Apostle which he left at Khaibar, and Fadak, and his property at Medina (devoted for charity). Abu Bakr refused to give her that property and said, "I will not leave anything Allah's Apostle used to do, because I am afraid that if I left something from the Prophet's tradition, then I would go astray." (Later on) Umar gave the Prophet's property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to 'Ali and 'Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Allah's Apostle used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler." (Az-Zuhrl said, "They have been managed in this way till today."wink

Book #53, Hadith #359:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: 'Uthman did not join the Badr battle because he was married to one of the daughters of Allah's Apostle and she was ill. So, the Prophet said to him. "You will get a reward and a share (from the war Booty) similar to the reward and the share of one who has taken part in the Badr battle."

Book #59, Hadith #53:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Apostle divided (the war Booty of Khaibar) with the ratio of two shares for the horse and one-share for the foot soldier. (The sub-narrator, Nafi' explained this, saying, "If a man had a horse, he was given three shares and if he had no horse, then he was given one share."wink

Book #59, Hadith #625:

Narrated 'Abdullah: When it was the day of Hunain, Prophet favored some people over some others (in the distribution of the booty). He gave Al-Aqra' one-hundred camels and gave Uyaina the same, and also gave other people (of Quraish). A man said, "Allah's Pleasure was not the aim, in this distribution." I said, "I will inform the Prophet (about your statement)." The Prophet said, "May Allah bestow Mercy on Moses, for he was troubled more this but he remained patient."

Why is war booty so important to jihadist Muslims and is it right that it is used to spread islam as practised by mohammed just like how ISIS is doing..[/size]
[size=14pt]
Ifeann aka parisbookaddict aka the evilgelist, how market?? You be mumu. The one-fifth meant for propagation of Islam is Allah's. Na so you dey fail exam angry

I will disregard those verses that you've twisted and recycled for a thousand times. You have been exposed already.

Concerning the bold part of your senseless post, even though I know that my comment cannot do anything to alleviate your hypocrisy, I'd still post for the purpose of readers who know nothing about your psychopathic behavior. Let them not be deceived.

Fighting is justified for legitimate self-defense to aid Muslims. It's also permitted after a violation in the terms of a treaty, but should be stopped if these circumstances cease to exist.

Never forget that the Muslims never started ANY war.  All of the wars that the Muslims fought were wars of defense imposed upon them by the enemy:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors" (Quran, 2:190)

FIGHTING LEGAL WAR IS DIFFERENT FROM PLUNDERING

When armies go to war, one side wins and the other looses certainly. The side that looses not only loose the battle but also their possessions. Their houses, armor, food, wealth etc.

The Muslims did not invade people intentionally to pillage their towns and villages and to take the booty. They fought legal wars. It is completely justifiable what they did.

Also, the Muslims did not fight and take the spoils of war for their own personal gain. They used it to help the needy and the poor and to establish a system. As a matter of fact, NO army in the world spent the spoils of war in such a generous and beautiful way as the Muslim armies did during the time of the Prophet (PBUH)

The Prophet (PBUH) ESTABLISHED and ENSURED that etiquettes of war were observed.

Among other restrictions (of NOT fighting women and children, etc), Muslims have been instructed by the Prophet not to pillage or plunder or destroy residential areas, nor harm the property of anyone not fighting. It has been narrated in the Hadith: "The Prophet has prohibited the Believers from loot and plunder" (Bukhari, AbuDawood).

Booty of war from the battleground is altogether different from plunders. It consists of the wealth, provisions and equipment captured from the camps of the combatant armies and may legitimately be appropriated.

HOW ALLAH'S ONE-FIFTH IS SPENT
State revenue is the most important tool for providing social security to a nation. A recorded example is during the Caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab, the income of the treasury department was derived from: Zakah (religious obligation on a Muslim to pay 2½% from his/her wealth), ‘ushr (religious tax on agricultural land), Sadaqah (spending for the pleasure of Allah), jizyah (tax on the non-Muslims for providing security) and khums (the one-fifth of the spoils of war) were credited to the treasury for the use of the Muslims at large. 

The aim of the Islamic social security system is to fulfil every possible human need. These needs can broadly be classified into two categories: (1) Primary needs i.e., food, clothing, housing and necessary medical care, and (2) Secondary needs i.e., education, matrimony, old age benefits and social services etc.

Caliph 'Umar ibn al-Khattab used Social Security:

- To provide Food during serious drought or famines to the people according to the family size.

- For the poor and disabled

- To provide education to the children

- To finance marriages of the unmarried poor or needy persons.

- To grant old age benefits and in old age investment

- To give loans for economic activity

- For granting Interest-free loans

- To pay stipends to widows, married and unmarried women, young men and the immigrants.

These (among others) is what is meant by Propagation of Islam. The ONLY reason anyone will see any fault in this is H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y!!!

How is this similar to the barbaric practices of ISIS

By the way, wars were fought in christian history too. Can you even tell us how the spoils were expended undecided

My bad.... the Christian warriors "dashed little babies on the rocks, r*aped wives in front of their husbands" and "killed every woman that had slept with a man and saved every virgin for themselves grin

Even ISIS Commander will be proud to attain this level embarassed

Just try and get a life. Rather than come here to post rubbish in the name of evilgelism!!

#LyingForJesus [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ISIS Sharing Of War Booty Islamic? ? by 9jaforlife: 1:23am On Jun 13, 2015

Thankfully, this is a recycled topic. I'm decently permitted to re-cycle my previous comment too.

Enjoy cool

parisbookaddict:

But the isis are devout Muslims following mohammeds teaching on sex slavery as contained in the quran and hadiths buyboo

Egs

Sahih Muslim 8:29: “IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A CAPTIVE WOMAN AFTER SHE IS PURIFIED (OF MENSES OR DELIVERY) IN CASE SHE HAS A HUSBAND, HER MARRIAGE IS ABROGATED AFTER SHE BECOMES CAPTIVE.”

Sahih Muslim 8:3432: “Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (verse 4:24)" (i.e., they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).”

This fraudster again angry

Let me just stick with the Quran, since it overrides any hadith.

Ifeann aka parisbookaddict aka shameless liar, these verses were revealed as a guidance to Muslims about WHOM THEY CAN AND CANNOT M-A-R-R-Y!!!

You have mutilated the verse above. The original version (including the preceding verse) reads...

[b] Q4:23-24

23"Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful"

24"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, [size=20pt] so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. [/size] And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.
[/b]

This verse was neither permitting the Prophet (PBUH) nor the warriors to sleep with female captives. Consider another verse of this same Surah...

Q8:41
"And know that anything you obtain of war booty - then indeed, for Allah is one fifth of it and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and the orphans, the needy, and the [stranded] traveler, if you have believed in Allah and in that which We sent down to Our Servant on the day of criterion - the day when the two armies met. And Allah , over all things, is competent"

The underlined says "One-fifth of the booty belongs to Allah", meaning that a fifth should be set aside for the propagation of Islam.

Other categories that should be awarded a fifth include the orphans and the stranded/traveller. How could this mean women and sex

Another fraudulent twisting of Quran message. Read the complete verse below...

Q33:50
"O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war, and the daughters of thine uncle on the father's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the father's side, and the daughters of thine uncle on the mother's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the mother's side who emigrated with thee, and a believing woman if she give herself unto the Prophet [size=18pt] and the Prophet desire to ask her in marriage [/size] - a privilege for thee only, not for the (rest of) believers - We are Aware of that which We enjoined upon them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess - that thou mayst be free from blame, for Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful"

Note that Allah is describing the category from which the Prophet (PBUH) could marry, and NOT permitting him to have sex with the female captives as the Op claims.

In Q33:52, Allah continues...

[size=18pt] "It is not lawful for thee (to marry more) women after this, [/size] nor to change them for (other) wives, even though their beauty attract thee, except any thy right hand should possess (as handmaidens): and Allah doth watch over all things"

This simply means "THIS IS YOUR BOUNDARY, YOU CAN'T MARRY OUTSIDE THESE CATEGORIES".

Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves.

This lie (underlined) has been cleared above in Q4:24. If Allah required the Prophet (PBUH) to marry a slave (in order to have sex with her), there is NO WAY He would grant that privilege to the rest of Muslims.

Now, let's pay homage to the buyboo, which gives clear-cut messages about having sex with female captives, WITHOUT ANY instruction of marriage.

Isaiah 13:15-18 "Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword.  [size=18pt] Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes.  Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. [/size] For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off.  The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows.  They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children"

Numbers 31: 15-18
15“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16“They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. [size=18pt] 17Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man"  [/size]

[size=14pt] Ifeann aka parisbookaddict, your sickness is incurable angry [/size]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is ISIS Sharing Of War Booty Islamic? ? by mustymatic(m): 12:14am On Jun 14, 2015
Ifeann I don't know how you will be remembered wen u die like this...
and I feel for the Muslims around you, the hate u spread is too much. u may b capable of murdering them.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Baby Born With Birthmark Spelling Allah / Alqur'an The Generous: A Book That Gives Satisfaction And Hope To Good Soul. / Can U Hold A Burning Coal? Then U R A Good Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.