Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Jumia Item Grabber - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Jumia Item Grabber (2696 Views)

deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Item Grabber by barapistis(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
hi guys,
check through jumia for api s and what not to see if the items on the site can be imported into another (affiliate ish)but seems its not possible

does any body in the house have an idea on how to do the above in an automated form
Re: Jumia Item Grabber by blenyo11(m): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
barapistis:
hi guys,
check through jumia for api s and what not to see if the items on the site can be imported into another (affiliate ish)but seems its not possible

does any body in the house have an idea on how to do the above in an automated form

Any content that can be viewed in a web browser can also be retrieved in any format; either as json, xml, text, ..., name it. You need to know regular expression (Regex) and use Web scraping (web harvesting or web data extraction [a computer software technique of extracting information from websites]), to achieve your purpose. This (in my opinion) can be best done in a language that support multi-threading (especially if you want to do real time pulling) eg C# (don't mind I am still in LOVE with .net)
Re: Jumia Item Grabber by barapistis(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
blenyo11:

Any content that can be viewed in a web browser can also be retrieved in any format; either as json, xml, text, ..., name it. You need to know regular expression (Regex) and use Web scraping (web harvesting or web data extraction [a computer software technique of extracting information from websites]), to achieve your purpose. This (in my opinion) can be best done in a language that support multi-threading (especially if you want to do real time pulling) eg C# (don't mind I am still in LOVE with .net)

My oga, i am not a coder oh,just an internet marketer

What i was looking for was a way to scrap the items from jumia and konga,

And putbthem on another site

Is that what u were explaining,

If it is like whats is the minimal cost to achieve it

1 Like

Re: Jumia Item Grabber by seunthomas: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Contact me for a software that does this. Price is 20k though. The software will scrape both sites and present you with a csv/sql file you can import into your database.
Re: Jumia Item Grabber by blenyo11(m): 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
barapistis:

My oga, i am not a coder oh,just an internet marketer

What i was looking for was a way to scrap the items from jumia and konga,

And putbthem on another site

Is that what u were explaining,

If it is like whats is the minimal cost to achieve it

A developer will have to work on your site to help you achieve it.
Re: Jumia Item Grabber by greenhope(m): 9:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Write Jumia or Konga for your api key
Re: Jumia Item Grabber by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
Use httprack, or simply pass a wget command to download the site, then save the logs of the site in a text file, look up the part that has something like this

Http:// www.xxxx.com/api?

Or simply write to jumia to give thier own api
Re: Jumia Item Grabber by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
use firebug firefox extension to copy some of the codes .

(1) (Reply)

Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy / Foodfrik (A professional food listing Platform) / Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.