Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,534 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Just Curious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just Curious (522 Views)

Am Just Curious What Happened To Jesus Other Disciples / Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers / Just Curious About Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Curious by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
I was raised Christian but even as a child I couldn't
understand why a God would send people to hell for
simply having no belief, even then I knew this was
wrong. I still believed this immoral God existed but I
refused to worship/love such a God.
After reading the Bible when I was older, I was
hugely relieved to discover a book that was obviously man made, from the minds of misogynistic men of that time. This made me an atheist to the God of the Bible which is a much happier life than living a life thinking an immoral sadistic God exists.
Question for Christians and Muslims; I'm sure most
of you are empathetic people who hate to see
suffering on tv or even worse in person. I'm sure
some suffering has given you sleepless nights at
times and you have given to charity to try and
prevent the suffering.
With that in mind, how do you go about your
everyday life in the belief that millions/billions of
people are being tortured in hell every second of
every day? If this God sent your own child to hell for
simply having no belief, would you still love this God?
:>(

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Just Curious by podosci(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
I grew up a muslim but i am by nature a very curious person...I ask a lot of Questions about everything in order to understand better, i started asking Questions of my mallams and fellow worships, Questions which they couldn't provide answer to, i searched the Holy books for answers but nothing was provided.
I am a very rational fellow, Science believes in Evidence and Experiments and then conclusion, so since science has not been able to provide answers for the availability or non availability of a God, i tend to keep an open mind about Gods existence BUt one thing i am sure of is that all the religions worshiped on earth are man made and lack any sense. Reading the holy books of the earthly religions with a rational and intelligent mind would reveal the lies and deceit of the religions.
Its not only about hell, When i started to gain my freedom from ignorance, one of my first Questions was the religious theory of creation. God was said to create Adam and eve who in turn gave birth to two sons, Where did the sons and how did the sons populate the earth? Did they have sex with their mother( Eve)? Questions which didn't attract answers or in some cases very irrational answers
There are lots of things Humans are ignorant about but our thirst for knowledge evolved into Science which has been making breakthroughs to reduce our ignorance. With time i believe a lot of Question would be answered by Science with evidence and proof w which would in turn kill they myths of a God, especially the one denoted in the religious books

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Curious by menesheh(m): 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
RomanZeus:

of you are empathetic people who hate to see
suffering on tv or even worse in person. I'm sure
some suffering has given you sleepless nights at
times and you have given to charity to try and
prevent the suffering.:>(

Don't blame them bro

Religion is opium that replicate itself from parents to children as directed by the superior authority to the downtrodden and continue its sting to our day.
Re: Just Curious by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Many of them are the demons they pray against, and, that their god is an hybrid (the creator and satan).

They would never come and answer your question, but would waste their time discussing how T.B. Joshua celebrated his birthday in South Africa. Most of them, if not all, would be the chairmen of hell, if by any chance it exists.

(1) (Reply)

Answered Prayer / 2015 Hari Raya Puasa E-cards Scraps Lines In Malay Arabic / Have You Been To Gethsemane?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.