Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

What You Should Know About Satan. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Should Know About Satan. (1299 Views)

10 Unsolved Mysteries About Satan / 3 Questions About Satan / 10 Unsolved Mysteries About Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2015
Satan (Heb meaning "accuser" or "adversary"wink was once a great angel created perfect and good. He was appointed to serve directly around God's throne in heaven. Yet before the world began, he became filled with pride and rebelled against God. As a result, he became God's primary enemy and an enemy to all humanity as well (Eze 28:12-15). We must also keep in mind that satan is not equal with God; he is a created being and his power must yield to the superior power of God. God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. But satan has none of these characteristics; therefore, most of his activity is assigned to demons (Rev 16:13-14; Job 1:12). In his rebellion against God, satan misled a multitude of lesser angels (Rev 12:4, 7) who, after their fall from heaven, could likely be identified as demons or evil spirits. Satan and many of these lesser angels were exiled to the earth and the atmosphere around it. This is where they do their evil work, as God allows. Because of this constant presence of evil and its influence, all of humankind must choose whether to follow God or to follow satan. Satan has come to kill, to steal, and to destroy. The main strategy of satan is deception. That is why scripture speaks of "the wiles of the devil" (Eph 6:11) and affirms that he is a deceiver (Gen 3:13; 2 cor. 11:3). Jesus calls the father of lies (Jn 8:44). Satan has the ability to decieve, manipulate, and distort our natural feelings and desires. Using this ability, he tempts us to meet God-given needs and desires outside the parameters which God has established for us.
Three factors contribute to satan's mastery of the art of trickery.

1. He belongs to an order of creatures that is higher than man. Originally, he was created as the anointed cherub who execelled all angels in beauty, wisdom, and power (Ezek 28:12-15).

2. His experience is greater than any man's could ever be. Although he is not omniscient, yet his wide experience and observation of mankind for more than 6000 years makes him far superior in knowledge to any man.

3. His ability to tranform himself in a variety of ways gives him great power of deception. Peter affirms that "the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about seeking whom he may devour" (1 pet 5:cool.
Though satan is wise, you must not fall to his deception. Though he's not all-powerful, you must not underestimate him.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by pinkiberry(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2015
really

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2015
Evidence from one book? OP can you kindly give us more fact from latest research?
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 10:46am On Jun 14, 2015
ifeness:
Evidence from one book? OP can you kindly give us more fact from latest research?
My research is based strictly from the bible. I can't go beyond. From my personal experience i can tell you that satan is as real as God. He tried to make me believe that i can be like God and decide for myself what is good and what is evil. He tried to make believe that i can live independently from God. He is known by many names around the world.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2015
Tjayjosh:

My research is based strictly from the bible. I can't go beyond. From my personal experience i can tell you that satan is as real as God. He tried to make me believe that i can be like God and decide for myself what is good and what is evil. He tried to make believe that i can live independently from God. He is known by many names around the world.

May I ask you why you cannot go beyond the Bible? Do you think it makes sense to rely on a 1876 Cancer research book in our present day?
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2015
ifeness:

May I ask you why you cannot go beyond the Bible? Do you think it makes sense to rely on a 1876 Cancer research book in our present day?
Anything outside the scripture by any standard may be false. If i tell you anything contrary will you believe me? How do you go about in making a research? 1876 or 5000 BC. What happend, or what is done in the past should not be disregarded as they have a way of shaping the future.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Anything outside the scripture by any standard may be false. If i tell you anything contrary will you believe me? How do you go about in making a research? 1876 or 5000 BC. What happend, or what is done in the past should not be disregarded as they have a way of shaping the future.

Ok how do you stop world hunger with the bible? How do you cure Cancer,Ebola and Global warming with this particular book? Satan is the least of worries humans face.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
ifeness:

Ok how do you stop world hunger with the bible? How do you cure Cancer,Ebola and Global warming with this particular book? Satan is the least of worries humans face.
The scripture states that satan is the god of this age (2Co 4:4) and exercises considerable control while evil is still rampant in the world (1Jn 5:19). That is, the world is currently in rebellion against God and, as a result, it has become slave of satan. Satan has long had a foothold in the world's political, cultural, economic and religious systems that are inherently hostile toward God and his people. If you'd believe in God and trust that he'll met all your needs, hunger, cancer, ebola is not an issue to him. He has done it before, and he's is still doing it today. All you need do is to have faith in him. For you to say satan is the least of worries humans face shows how ignorant you are. Don't be like a boxer who was knocked down twice by his opponent, and was save by the bell, went to his corner and said: watch that referee, because somebody is beating the devil out of me. Satan is the cause of all our problems.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Tjayjosh:

The scripture states that satan is the god of this age (2Co 4:4) and exercises considerable control while evil is still rampant in the world (1Jn 5:19). That is, the world is currently in rebellion against God and, as a result, it has become slave of satan. Satan has long had a foothold in the world's political, cultural, economic and religious systems that are inherently hostile toward God and his people. If you'd believe in God and trust that he'll met all your needs, hunger, cancer, ebola is not an issue to him. He has done it before, and he's is still doing it today. All you need do is to have faith in him. For you to say satan is the least of worries humans face shows how ignorant you are. Don't be like a boxer who was knocked down twice by his opponent, and was save by the bell, went to his corner and said: watch that referee, because somebody is beating the devil out of me. Satan is the cause of all our problems.

Satan is all you know. Goodluck dunba$$
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Nobody: 4:00am On Jun 15, 2015
God knew how powerful and cunning satan was yet, he banished him to earth and created man who is less powerfull and very naive. It's like putting a fish and a cat in the same room. If God had created man in another planet where satan cannot corrupt him dont you think that would have been better? Moreover what stopped God from completely destroying satan and saving man from problems.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 8:23am On Jun 15, 2015
tosag:
God knew how powerful and cunning satan was yet, he banished him to earth and created man who is less powerfull and very naive. It's like putting a fish and a cat in the same room. If God had created man in another planet where satan cannot corrupt him dont you think that would have been better? Moreover what stopped God from completely destroying satan and saving man from problems.
Let me tell you this if you don't know. Of all the creatures God made, the human being is by far the highest and most complex. Because of pride, however, humans often forget that God is their creator, that they are created beings and that they are dependent on God. God gave man authority over everything that he created including satan and his angels. God made them in his own image so that he could develop a loving and personal relationship with them for all eternity. That is to say, man was able to tap from God his strength and wisdom if they want to overcome satan. To say man was naive is not true as they were instructed and told about satan and his angels. Nobody knows for how long adam and eve lived in the garden. Remember that like humans, satan and the angels that fell with him were part of God's family, and God loved them as well. The bible says that God's ways and thoughts are different from ours. He is the most patient person. He has set an apointed time to destroy all evil.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2015
(Came across this yesterday and i was inspired)

The bible is a fake bullshit that we only accept because it is so ancient and we where brought up beliving it.
Let us stop being afraid of God because thousands of people are atheist,hindus buddist etc and nothing happens to them.
Churches are burnt,bibles are torn, saints are crucified and nothing happens.
If God says he exist and want us to worship him,let him write it in the sky.....why hide from us and ask us to belive u exist and if we dnt,you will punish us in hell while u say that you love us......sounds like something the devil will do not god.
Why give us many religions and ask us to blindly choose the right one and if we couldnt,you will punish us.
Why do you like our praises so much if you are so great and dont need us.....we never asked to be created in the first place.....why do you ask us to thank you for bringing us into this vile and ruthless world.
I will never worship or serve you because ur rule is by fear.....pple dnt love you,they only pretend to out of fear.....love is unconditional and your is....quench hell and let us see how many people will actually serve you.
You drown men for disobeying you.....stalin killed for the same reason.....you asked the isrealites to kill people that worship any other except you,boko haram do the same thing.....jephtah sacrificed his daughter to you, meaning you accept human sacrifice like all other heaten gods.
I promise that if you ever exists and armagadon comes,i will ride with satan and the fallen angels against you and make sure you are sent to the bottomeless pit(pls make it hotter because you will enjoy it soon)
Satan never did anything to man by your own account in the bible.....he said we sld eat the fruit and be wise and it worked.....the worst thing he did was mess with job and you allowed it
But you
You unforgiving beast allowed your son to be killed so that you can forgive us and we still go to hell after that.
You allowed a bear to eat 52 children for insulting elijah.
You drowned you so called beloved ones because they disobeyed you....what would tge devil hav ton in this case?
You orded the murder,rape and enslavement or whole cities.
You allowed your beloved ones the isrealites to be enslaved because they disobeyed you due to your poor managerial skills.....even hitler would not do that.
I can go on and on to prove you are the greatest beast of them all.....even baal is better that you
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
HenryDion:
(Came across this yesterday and i was inspired)

The bible is a fake bullshit that we only accept because it is so ancient and we where brought up beliving it.
Let us stop being afraid of God because thousands of people are atheist,hindus buddist etc and nothing happens to them.
Churches are burnt,bibles are torn, saints are crucified and nothing happens.
If God says he exist and want us to worship him,let him write it in the sky.....why hide from us and ask us to belive u exist and if we dnt,you will punish us in hell while u say that you love us......sounds like something the devil will do not god.
Why give us many religions and ask us to blindly choose the right one and if we couldnt,you will punish us.
Why do you like our praises so much if you are so great and dont need us.....we never asked to be created in the first place.....why do you ask us to thank you for bringing us into this vile and ruthless world.
I will never worship or serve you because ur rule is by fear.....pple dnt love you,they only pretend to out of fear.....love is unconditional and your is....quench hell and let us see how many people will actually serve you.
You drown men for disobeying you.....stalin killed for the same reason.....you asked the isrealites to kill people that worship any other except you,boko haram do the same thing.....jephtah sacrificed his daughter to you, meaning you accept human sacrifice like all other heaten gods.
I promise that if you ever exists and armagadon comes,i will ride with satan and the fallen angels against you and make sure you are sent to the bottomeless pit(pls make it hotter because you will enjoy it soon)
Satan never did anything to man by your own account in the bible.....he said we sld eat the fruit and be wise and it worked.....the worst thing he did was mess with job and you allowed it
But you
You unforgiving beast allowed your son to be killed so that you can forgive us and we still go to hell after that.
You allowed a bear to eat 52 children for insulting elijah.
You drowned you so called beloved ones because they disobeyed you....what would tge devil hav ton in this case?
You orded the murder,rape and enslavement or whole cities.
You allowed your beloved ones the isrealites to be enslaved because they disobeyed you due to your poor managerial skills.....even hitler would not do that.
I can go on and on to prove you are the greatest beast of them all.....even baal is better that you
It's so sad how satan has captured the hearts of some people and make them believe the worst about God. You said God is hiding. Let me ask you have you earnestly seek God and he's not found? Have you had a personal relationship with him? If you've not then you can never see him, or hear from him. Not everyone that goes to church is really a christian. If God appears to you today, i tell you, you cannot look at him or speak to him, for you will surely die, because his glorious presence will affect you. God hides because he wants a particular kind of relationship with us. What would be the effects of God's presence in our daily live? Would we still have free will? God wants us to obey him him out of our love for him, not because, we are pressured into it just because he's standing over our shoulder ensuring everything we do is perfect. His hiding could be his way of giving us more freedom to choose to obey him. Would you have rather prefered God created us as robots without free will? Is it too much to say, if God, after giving you everything and said: do not take this. It belongs to me. What would be your proof of love for him? Cos after creating you that was his own way of getting love back. Let me make this clear. God doesn't accept human sacrifice. Go anywhere and ask. If possible go to isreal. Jephthah did not sacrifice his daughter is supported by at least two reason.
1. He would have known that God's law strictly forbids human sacrifice and that God would not tolerate such an evil act (Lev 18:12; 20:2-5; Dt 12:31; 18:10-12).
2. The use of the phrase "she was a virgin" suggests that the sacrifice involved devoting her entire life to chastity and service at the national sanctuary (Ex 38:8; 1sa 2:22). No matter what you think about God, it will never change who he is and the fact that he hates sin. I will not beg you to repent, since you've decided to join satan in his rebellion. If the day of armageddon comes, i will ride out with Jesus against you and make sure you, satan, and his angels are sent to the lake of fire.
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2015
Re: What You Should Know About Satan. by Tjayjosh(m): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
pinkiberry:
really
Yea.

(1) (Reply)

Breastfeeding In Church- Right/wrong? / These Old And The New Testament Of A Thing Is Really Causing Confusion. / Quran Claims its Clear..Why Then Do Muslims claim other muslims Misinterpret It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.