Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! (2945 Views)

'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / 11 Wonders Of Gtbank (www.gtbank.com) / Updated: Sortcodes And Address Of Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by pinardave: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have been using and trusting my Gtbank mastercard to buy goods overseas. Initially, the difference between the cbn exchange rate and the post on transaction which i usually get from them used to be like 6 naira. but recently, I made a POT transaction and figured out that these guys charged me #212 against cbn which is #197. I made a call to the bank and the customer service personnel told me it was 212 to dollar on POT and when I asked her the Cbn rate and she refused to tell me. Then, I called Diamond bank to find out what their POT is, to my surprised, they told me #200 to a dollar. It was then I made a call to my bros that worked with cbn and he told me sometimes banks set their POT, though that it shouldnt be so, and he also told me that POT of #212 is ridiculous.. I now calculated the amount of money lost in a transaction of $10000, i figured out that if I had used Diamondbank, I would have save 120k. Please..Buhari should look into this..GTB is defrauding people with high POT
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by Femiartalade(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by zizomaticz(m): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Easy case to win in the court
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by Leopantro: 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
I recently bought something on the Internet using my GTB master card and I was charged N212 to a dollar. Still have the records to prove it. I thought it was the norm but now that you have brought it up and I'm free tomorrow, would make a complaint at my state branch of CBN.
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by Leopantro: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
pinardave:
I have been using and trusting my Gtbank mastercard to buy goods overseas. Initially, the difference between the cbn exchange rate and the post on transaction which i usually get from them used to be like 6 naira. but recently, I made a POT transaction and figured out that these guys charged me #212 against cbn which is #197. I made a call to the bank and the customer service personnel told me it was 212 to dollar on POT and when I asked her the Cbn rate and she refused to tell me. Then, I called Diamond bank to find out what their POT is, to my surprised, they told me #200 to a dollar. It was then I made a call to my bros that worked with cbn and he told me sometimes banks set their POT, though that it shouldnt be so, and he also told me that POT of #212 is ridiculous.. I now calculated the amount of money lost in a transaction of $10000, i figured out that if I had used Diamondbank, I would have save 120k. Please..Buhari should look into this..GTB is defrauding people with high POT

I just spoke with a relative working in CBN. she said, by right the bank must first disclose how much their exchange rate is and that 212 is too much. If they didn't disclose the exchange rate before you made the transaction then you have a case.
In my case, my purchases were less than $100. Can forget about it but will never use GTB for online international payment
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by holuphisayor(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Leopantro:

I just spoke with a relative working in CBN. she said, by right the bank must first disclose how much their exchange rate is and that 212 is too much. If they didn't disclose the exchange rate before you made the transaction then you have a case.
In my case, my purchases were less than $100. Can forget about it but will never use GTB for online international payment
access bank visa is #212.4 now
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by jossytech(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2015
THEY JUST CHARGE ME 220 NOW, 31USD AT #6834
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Pls could anyone credit my Ecobank USD acct in Abuja in exchange for =N=
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by NwabuezeWini: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2015
So which bank has d best exchange rate. I heard staanbic IBTC charges less dan #200 pls who tru is dis and does any av an idea of what first bank charges
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by cmoney22222: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2015
Just yestiday, I was charged 15109 for 68$ via paypal. Gtb I hail u ooo. Last week I wat charge N435 for $1.99. No worry TSA go still wretch una. Carry on
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by needinfo: 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
If you are still using gtbank to make foreign online payment you are on a long thing. They have been ripping naija since 1960.
Re: Beware Of Gtbank POT/POS- Is Fraudulent! by omobash21(f): 8:59am On Oct 21, 2015
Yes very fraudulent. Was charged at the rate of 220 naira per dollar

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid Viewing And Clicking ADVERT Online. (tested And Trusted) / Free Importation Training! Free Importation Training!! Free Importation Training / Affiliate Marketing. How to promote your products and make money fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.