Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,038 members, 7,835,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? (726 Views)

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? / Where Will You Worship God Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by osile2012: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
I believe that We have freedom of worship. And worshiping GOD is mainly from the heart and not physical appearance.

I believe i can sit down and pray and GOD will hear me, I believe i can Sit Down and Worship GOD and he will accept it. However, most times in churches(Mostly Pentecostal) the pastors or the praise leaders want to tell people how to worship GOD.

Sometimes they say close your eyes, Raise your hands, kneel down etc. Dont people have the right anymore to worship GOD their own way ?

I might feel like sitting down and bowing my heads in prayer, But the pastor says kneel down. If i don't kneel down when everyone else is, it seems like i am being arrogant and disrespectful. But i Feel people should be allowed to pray and worship GOD the way they feel in Church.

What do you think .?

Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
I agree with u...i dnt know why some ppol does worship God like they were possessed..and this speaking in tongue thingy...i asked myself as well, why ppol cant praise n worship God in calm and quiet??
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by psucc(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
And one of the key principles of Christianity is obedience.
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by Orunto: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Courts are where you get rules of common behaviours. Churches are free Sanctuaries where we can freely exercise our individual freedom to worship God with all our hearts, with all our souls, with all our minds and with all our strength.
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
A church is a gathering for UNITED worship and fellowship, there has to be some order. The greater percentage of your life spent outside church gathering can be used to "worship as you like".

1 Like

Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by omasco92(m): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
Close your eye, when you are praying to avoid distraction.
When Jesus was praying he knee down.
I arrest my case
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by osile2012: 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
omasco92:
Close your eye, when you are praying to avoid distraction.

When Jesus was praying he knee down.

I arrest my case

Did u see him kneeling down? You mean he was kneeling down when he laid hands on the sick? You mean he was kneeling down when he broke bread and fed 5 thousand? You mean he was kneeling down when he turned water into wine ?

Did Jesus ever tell his disciples to kneel down, close their eyes when they want to pray ?.
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by NumberOne2(m): 2:01am On Jun 15, 2015
God is NOT the author of confusion. What does it take to stand or kneel or sing or pray?
If you dont want such "commands" why not stay at home in peace?
If your Boss tell you to stand, you can but in Church, if you feel like? Keep it up. We are in the era of grace.

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. - 1 Corintians 14:33
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by NumberOne2(m): 2:04am On Jun 15, 2015
osile2012:

Did u see him kneeling down? You mean he was kneeling down when he laid hands on the sick? You mean he was kneeling down when he broke bread and fed 5 thousand? You mean he was kneeling down when he turned water into wine ?

Did Jesus ever tell his disciples to kneel down, close their eyes when they want to pray ?.

And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. - Matthew 14:19

The multitude was told to SIT down. Well, some would have said that they dont feel like sitting. Then we will see if they will get anything. God is NOT the author of confusion. Apostle Paul often referred to Christians as Soldiers. Soldiers dont do what they feel like, do they?
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by osile2012: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
NumberOne2:

And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. - Matthew 14:19

The multitude was told to SIT down. Well, some would have said that they dont feel like sitting. Then we will see if they will get anything. God is NOT the author of confusion. Apostle Paul often referred to Christians as Soldiers. Soldiers dont do what they feel like, do they?

Its normal to tell people to sit down when u want to feed them. You dont expect him to tell them to stand and eat. Did he kneel down to pray? I thought u said he knelt down to pray ..
Re: Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? by NumberOne2(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
osile2012:

Its normal to tell people to sit down when u want to feed them. You dont expect him to tell them to stand and eat. Did he kneel down to pray? I thought u said he knelt down to pray ..

Referring to your comment in BOLD:
People stand to eat. Have you not done it? Ever heard of Cocktail?

To the bible:
Jesus knelt down:
And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, - Luke 22:41

Apostle Stephen knelt down:
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
- Acts 7:59-60

Apostle Peter knelt down:
But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. - Acts 9:40

Apostle Paul knelt down:
And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all. - Acts20:36

Like I said, If you don't want such simple "commands" in church, why not stay at home in peace?

(1) (Reply)

What You Didn't Know About The Bible!!! / Fatimah,muslim Student Raised $81,000 To Rebild Church Destroyed By Fire. / Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.