Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Echoes Of Resounding Victory, Achievement And Commitment; As Presented By Oluyi, - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Echoes Of Resounding Victory, Achievement And Commitment; As Presented By Oluyi, (451 Views)

Your Greatest Achievement This Year / Echoes Of Resounding Victory, Achievement And Commitment; As Presented By Oluyi, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Echoes Of Resounding Victory, Achievement And Commitment; As Presented By Oluyi, by OGBENIIFE: 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
ECHOES OF RESOUNDING VICTORY, ACHIEVEMENT AND COMMITMENT
AN ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP
Permit me to start with an assertion made by a president of the United States of America in the 1960s which goes thus, 'ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country'. The assertion was made by no other person than President John F. Kennedy, and for me, the quote dwells more on service to humanity which has in recent times, been buried by an antagoist that I will refer to as personal or selfish interests.
It was based on this ideology (service to humanity) that I was able to lead the association for a period of a year. So also, the entire leadership of the was bred with the same ideology thus, serving as a foundation.
Although, there were a bit of challenges when we came on board, the 'service to humanity' orientation served as a source of encouragement and rather than thwarlting our plans, those challenges became a stepping stone for us.
At that, I can look back and reiterate that the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AKURE STUDENTS and AKURE TOWN is truely progressing. As opposed to expectations from some quarters, I can authoritatively say that we have left the National Association of Akure students better than we met it, at that, the rest now lies with the incoming set of executives.
Ladies and gentlemen, our achievements, the achivements of the Oluyi, Akintade tayo led administration ranging from the erection of the "welcome to Akure" sign posts at the entrances of the town, the production of incentives for the association, the unparalleled represention of the interest of Akure students, the successful holiday coaching, the purchase of a public address system and the plastic chairs, so also, the election debate organised by the association for the contenders for the state house of assembly and house of representatives election within Akure district, and the 'struggle' for the payment of our book allowance, likewise the procurement of the association's aluta 'jet', among other achivements was made possible with your help. Therefore, I must appreciate Akure students at home and in the diaspora for their love, support and co-operation, as we must all bear in mind that it is only in a peaceful and united atmosphere that all of these can be achieved.
I shall also use this medium to advise the incoming set of executives to imbibe the culture of service to humanity rather than selfishness, of honesty rather than dishonesty, of transparency and accountability rather than hyprocrisy, as it is only in all of this that we can envisage the growth of the association and Akure town in general.
As I step aside today, in furtherance of both leadership and political exploits, away from the position of leadership of the national association of Akure students, in fulfillment of the provisions made by the 'bible of the association' which is the constitution that guides our affairs here in this association, I want us all to remember in whatever we do, that Akure town is ours and the future of the town lies in our hands, it is therefore left for us to make use of whatever opportunity that we have, or whatever position that we may be called upon to serve to influence this project, which I shall refer to as 'AKURE MUST SHINE'
In all, let us all be a good ambassador of this association and Akure town in general.
Ladies and gentlemen, it is up to us...Looking forward to our meeting at the top!
AS PRESENTED BY;
OLUYI, AKINTADE TAYO
OUTGOING NATIONAL PRESIDENT OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AKURE STUDENTS.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Meagan Good Stuns In LBD Without Wearing A Bra {pictures Here} / Many Individuals Overlook This, However I Noticed A Conditioning / Get In Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.