Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

13 Items Individual Should Not Share. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Items Individual Should Not Share. (674 Views)

Please I Need An Advice From Any Medical Inclined Individual / How To Properly Manage Treatment Fatigue As A HIV Positive Individual / Will Taking Of Too Much Salt Kill An Individual At Once!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Items Individual Should Not Share. by peeparty(m): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2015
See the list below
1. Earphones

Physically sharing earphones which have been inserted inside the ear that is filled with germs and ear wax is not a good idea. Sharing these earphones without cleaning them can increase your risk of ear infections. Plus, it’s not just earwax that’s made a home in your ears. Imagine what kind of germs are swimming around inside your ear canals.

2. Earrings

In the case of earrings, when someone puts an earring through their ear, they could poke the skin and get a small amount of blood on the tip of the earring. Now, if you borrow that same pair of earrings, you are putting that bloodied tip through your ear and increasing the risk of possibly getting some type of infection.

3. Antiperspirants

Roll-ons do not have germ-killing properties as they only help decrease the amount of perspiration you produce. When you share this roll-on, you can easily transfer germs or yeast or fungi due to its contact with other people’s sweat. Sprays are the safest way to share antiperspirants if you must.

4. Toothbrushes

To some this might seem gross, but many couples, both married and dating have admitted to sharing their partner’s toothbrush. However, sharing a toothbrush can cause a number of issues, and it’s actually quite unhygienic and could result in an increase of infections.

5. Towels

Towel sharing of any kind is a big no-no, even if the towel was just used after stepping out of the shower. Bacteria such as staph infection bacteria can live on the towel for a few hours, days, or even months. This is probably longer for a towel, since it has the ability to retain moisture and other bacteria, too. Change your towels at least once a week, hang them to dry in an open space, and never share them with anyone – not even family members.

6. Razors

Every time a razor is used, small nicks are made into the skin that is not visible to the eye. These may or may not produce blood but it is wise to always practise safety and hygiene. Apart from that, other viruses and bacteria thrive on the razor and can spread, if you share your razor.

7. Make up

We know that it’s sometimes tempting just to take a swipe of a friend’s lipstick or mascara if you don’t happen to have your own on hand. But think of the potential larger consequences on your skin, even though most cosmetics nowadays are made with preservatives to kill bacteria and reduce the chance of infection, it’s still a better bet to keep to your own cosmetics. It’s also advisable not to get make-up second-hand.

8. Nail clippers/files

If you have any type of opening in your skin, either from a pushed cuticle or a cut, you are at risk of getting some type of bacteria, fungus or virus into it. Nail salons should always properly sanitizer their tools to prevent the spread of bacteria and germs that can lead to infections.

9. Hats, helmets, hairbrushes/combs

Sharing head gears and combs can spread a number of diseases such as head lice, scabies, and sometimes even a staph infection. Even people in families should not share hairbrushes. However, sharing hair brushes is hard not to do, especially when you visit the salon or barber, but make sure they use some sort of sanitizer before running anything though your hair. You should also clean your personal brushes, fill a bowl with anti-bacterial soap and water, and soak your brushes for about an hour or so. Rinse thoroughly and repeat this process every two weeks.

10. Soap bars

This is a very common habit. It’s a soap bar; it’s self cleaning, but in actual fact the bar can still hold germs. Soap is almost always wet when used – especially on the bottom—and that can be a breeding ground for fungi, bacteria and yeast.

11. Socks

Many people suffer from fungal infections on the feet that cause peeling and lead to whitish skin on the feet. This infection is very contagious and can easily spread from one person to another. Sharing socks, shoes or even a bath mat can spread this infection

12. Drinking cups and mugs/drinks

You may be tempted to taste your best friend’s favourite coffee, but you may want to have her pour some in a separate cup before she takes her first sip. Why? The saliva in your mouth may have germs in it that you do not even know about, like strep throat, mumps, mono, a cold and herpes. Even if your BFF/ Boo is not sick, she still may be carrying a virus that you can easily catch just by sharing a drink. Sip from your own cup or find a better way to share a drink.

13. Underpants/underwear

It goes without saying, this is a no no. Under no circumstances should you share clothing so personal.

www.naij.com
Re: 13 Items Individual Should Not Share. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2015
Nice one
Re: 13 Items Individual Should Not Share. by Merlissa(f): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2015
All items mentioned above is for Me, Myself and I
Re: 13 Items Individual Should Not Share. by Penssuwa(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2015
Don't share somebody's wife or babe.
Don't share your ignorance, especially on nairaland.
Don't share your disease through unprotected sexual intercourse.
Re: 13 Items Individual Should Not Share. by Penssuwa(m): 11:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Merlissa:
All items mentioned above is for Me, Myself and I
Hehehe, but you share your 'center of excellence'. Just whisper to me, they won't hear you.

(1) (Reply)

Photo:lastma Official Slumps On Traffic Duty / Doctors Inhouse Please Help My Mother, She Can't Sleep / Mixture Of Chemicals That Can Change A Black Man’s Skin To White In Six Hours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.