Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,087 members, 7,953,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

Help!! Young Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!! Young Programmer (1288 Views)

Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Young Programmer by megasamuel(m): 12:14am On Jun 16, 2015
Help really needed I started learning python and recent basic Java, guys I really need advice on continuing on my goal. Really interested in game design and subsequently Web Development.
Pls note: currently don't have laptop really need advice
Re: Help!! Young Programmer by mccoy47(m): 12:24am On Jun 16, 2015
trying to learn programming without a personal laptop is like trying to listen without ears!
my dear 1st get a laptop n den get enrolled to a programming class cuz without home practice efficient programming is a mirage.
Re: Help!! Young Programmer by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 16, 2015
mccoy47:
trying to learn programming without a personal laptop is like trying to listen without ears!
my dear 1st get a laptop n den get enrolled to a programming class cuz without home practice efficient programming is a mirage.

First get a PC like he said, but while you plan to do that you can just casually browse Google for Java Tutorials, just read about it get familiar with the syntax understand all the primary stuffs you need to know about Java, so that when you finally get a PC you just pour everything in like May shier (tea maker) pours hot tea from one cup to another. cool Read up on Game programming.
Check out this link to learn java www.tutorialspoint.com/java/

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Young Programmer by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
There are some online compilers you can try... But you still need a PC.
http://ideone.com/
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/codingground.htm
Re: Help!! Young Programmer by Stconvict(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
I think others are missing the point here. The op already made it clear that he doesn't have a pc even though he knows it's important. So what solution is there?
Actually I had this same problem when my laptop was stolen a while back but I had to think of a way to continue learning. Just then it occurred to me that my mobile phone (Sony Xperia Neo V) is a infact computer (a mobile OS built on a desktop OS [Linux]). So there is the answer. I just had to comb through play store to find the right apps for the task. Now, let's get down to business.
First, you absolutely need a smartphone (preferrably android). It can be a starting ground for learning languages, especially Java. There is a sizeable amount of programming apps on app store and play store. AIDE, DroidEdit, Qpython, C4droid among others. I highly recommend AIDE if you are going to learn java because it is a powerhouse of an IDE that can compile both java and android projects. However, you'd need to pay for the full version if you want to save your work. If you have MasterCard, that shouldn't be hard. But if you don't have the money or a means of payment. There's a work-around I used. Download DroidEdit from playstore, it is free. Type your code with DroidEdit and compile with AIDE. It's not the best workflow but given your condition, it can pass.
Also note that typing with DroidEdit won't give you the powerful features that come with AIDE such as intuitive syntax highlighting, autocomplete features and other cool features that would make typing on your phone easier.
TD;LR. Get an Android phone if you don't already have one. Download AIDE from playstore. It has an easy Java introduction. Pay for the full content if you want to save your work OR download DroidEdit for typing and saving while compiling only on AIDE.
For tutorials, I prefer www.learnjavaonline.org It is easy and interactive.
One more thing. To be a programmer, you have to be persistent regardless of antagonising odds, else you won't last as a programmer. You may need to read this article by another nairalander. It is completely true of a real programmer https://www.nairaland.com/2458705/signs-not-meant-programmer#35975003

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Young Programmer by megasamuel(m): 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks everyone really helpful...
Re: Help!! Young Programmer by sanaya14s: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
First, get a PC as he said, but while you plan to do that you can just casually browse Google for Java Tutorials, just read about it get familiar with the syntax understand all the primary stuff you need to know about Java.
Naresh I Technologies provides you the 100% assurance on your Advanced Java Online Course with Success. Our Advanced Java online training Course focuses on practical oriented training. You can now learn Advanced Java online training from the real-time developers of the IT industry. Join us today to experience the best of best Online Advanced Java Training! The 'Advanced Java' comprises very complex advanced programming.
<a href="https://nareshit.com/advanced-java-online-training/"> advanced java online training </a>

(1) (Reply)

Young Nigerians Unveil Swapnaija App / MAC Photo Recovery / Learn - PHP Object Oriented Programming Fundamental - Tutsplus (video Tutorials)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.