Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? (1978 Views)

Three Siblings Recreate Their Childhood Photo From 1999 / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Those good old days in the mid 90's when we cross fingers to avoid being freezed by our friends, more like a bet thing! Funny how time flies. Share your thoughts and experience about the matter..

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by madridguy(m): 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
@ OP your head fully dey there. Coming across this thread has really made my day...the purpose of freezing someone is to have access to whatever the person has presently with him or her especially something eatable...I really enjoy those era of awoof food....

God bless you OP for putting a big smile on my face today after a disappointing and frustrating outing.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by elohorayodele: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
grin crazy years gone by
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by Tashaamania(f): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
No.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by crisycent: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
Children of nowadays no sabi play jor! Chei see weytin u remind me.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Remember command?
It was still the same method. Crossing of fingers
If you were caught off guard you would be commanded to do some silly stuff that you won't normally do. It was really fun.

Back then we didn't have phones and other gadgets to keep us busy.

Now, the kids of these days don't care about all this. They would rather finish all the stages of Angry bird or beat the highest score in Temple run.

I miss the good old days.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tashaamania:
No.

How old are you? Five?

Or didn't you grow up in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by Tashaamania(f): 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
misssclassy:

How old are you? Five?

Or didn't you grow up in Nigeria? undecided
undecided
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by VickyRotex(f): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
I remember. I used to do it when I've committed an offence and I know when my mum gets back she'd beat me.

Those days we believe that when you cross your fingers like that, your parents will forget to punish you for any offence. Aslong as you point that finger to the direction of their room, once they get back. Magical cheesy

Coincidentally it worked for me grin but after sometime, I noticed that even when I crossed my fingers for hours, I'll still get spanked. angry undecided
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by Rosemary216(f): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
lolxxx... hw can i 4get
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
kene05:
Those good old days in the mid 90's when we cross fingers to avoid being freezed by our friends, more like a bet thing! Funny how time flies. Share your thoughts and experience about the matter..
I did it.
What abt the time when we ll put broom in our hairs to win foods, meats etc.
You can bet with this.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP your head fully dey there. Coming across this thread has really made my day...the purpose of freezing someone is to have access to whatever the person has presently with him or her especially something eatable...I really enjoy those era of awoof food....

God bless you OP for putting a big smile on my face today after a disappointing and frustrating outing.
Ur head dey dere... Wagba...
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by ronald4lif(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
I remember the game quite well. We also had the believe that once you spot cocks wrestling one should cross their fingers as well, and the little creatures would never stop fighting until they unfold their fingers back. In most cases it works but there are times you'll cross fingers and the fowls won't fight for long.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
VickyRotex:
I remember. I used to do it when I've committed an offence and I know when my mum gets back she'd beat me.

Those days we believe that when you cross your fingers like that, your parents will forget to punish you for any offence. Aslong as you point that finger to the direction of their room, once they get back. Magical cheesy

Coincidentally it worked for me grin but after sometime, I noticed that even when I crossed my fingers for hours, I'll still get spanked. angry undecided
Hahahahaha, innocence of childhood sha sha
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tashaamania:
No.
Lol, u bet u b ajebo pikin or u never grow den? tongue
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
ronald4lif:
I remember the game quite well. We also had the believe that once you spot cocks wrestling one should cross their fingers as well, and the little creatures would never stop fighting until they unfold their fingers back. In most cases it works but there are times you'll cross fingers and the fowls won't fight for long.
Lol, so true, i remember that chekeleke nye mu mbo ocha ki nwere ogi, those white birds we do believe if we spread our hands out we get those tiny white dots on our fingernails, secondly when a vulture lands in your compound it means someone is stealing meat from the pot, funny enough this one has always proved to be right from a friends perspective... Modern technology like iPads, n d likes has stolen all this adventures!
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

I did it.
You can bet with this.
Lol, how can I forget how time flies tho
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
misssclassy:
Remember command?
It was still the same method. Crossing of fingers
If you were caught off guard you would be commanded to do some silly stuff that you won't normally do. It was really fun.

Back then we didn't have phones and other gadgets to keep us busy.

Now, the kids of these days don't care about all this. They would rather finish all the stages of Angry bird or beat the highest score in Temple run.

I miss the good old days.
Exactly my dear, gadgets keeps dem all indoor, no adventure like back den
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
madridguy:

God bless you too brother! Hope u hv gotten over d frustrating outing now?
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

I did it.
You can bet with this.
Confam... So true!
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by madridguy(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Yes oooooo. I don forget that one jare. Thanks very much bro.

kene05:

God bless you too brother! Hope u hv gotten over d frustrating outing now?
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
madridguy:
Yes oooooo. I don forget that one jare. Thanks very much bro.

God pass dem...
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
kene05:

Exactly my dear, gadgets keeps dem all indoor, no adventure like back den

As in..... Even a 2 year old baby now knows how to operate a phone.
Back then it was fun. We had a lot of games we played and interesting things we did.

Now the only games kids of this days play is the one behind the screen of an android device.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
How come i cant remember? i only remember seeing it in some movies and cartoons.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
misssclassy:

As in..... Even a 2 year old baby now knows how to operate a phone.
Back then it was fun. We had a lot of games we played and interesting things we did.

Now the only games kids of this days play is the one behind the screen of an android device.
Naxo we see am my dear
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
nikkyshyne:
How come i cant remember? i only remember seeing it in some movies and cartoons.
Ajebo pikin how u go know naa?
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
crisycent:
Children of nowadays no sabi play jor! Chei see weytin u remind me.
I tells u...
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by VickyRotex(f): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
kene05:

Hahahahaha, innocence of childhood sha sha

I tell you!!! cheesy
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2015
elohorayodele:
grin crazy years gone by
Real crazy years gone by cheesy
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by gostartit(m): 11:10am On Jun 17, 2015
children can believe anything.
Re: Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? by kene05(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2015
gostartit:
children can believe anything.
How do u mean?

(1) (Reply)

Is He Impotent / Remember The Mcghee Sextuplets? They Are Grown / Pictures Of Nigerian Mum Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.