Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Don't You Dare! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don't You Dare! (5248 Views)

We Need A New Dance Step In The Nigerian Music Industry--don't You Think So???? / Download>> Plantashun Boiz - Don't You Know / [NEW MUSIC ALERT] Dare Art Alade Ft Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Chanchit:

I forgot to remind you yesterday, but its not yet 5pm today, maybe you can still try.

poor, very poor.... 1/10

1. singing is not for you, u had good lyric and you constructed the song well enough to some extent but your voice is a no. u can still make it big as a songwriter, or if you really want to sing you need to work extremely hard on your voice....extremely hard

2. the instrumental sounds gospel, your track would had been far better if it was gospel.

3. repetition of lyrics needs a bridge. you had only, verse and hook then verse then hook and the verses were repetition, you were suppose to put a bridge between the verse and the hook.

just saying the truth.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Chanchit: 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=runzlord

Finally someone does not like the song.
Though I could counter all what you just said, but I asked for your opinion and you gave your honest review of the song. So thanks for downloading and also commenting.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Dare! by Jyde89: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
runzlord:

poor, very poor.... 1/10

1. singing is not for you, u had good lyric and you constructed the song well enough to some extent but your voice is a no. u can still make it big as a songwriter, or if you really want to sing you need to work extremely hard on your voice....extremely hard

2. the instrumental sounds gospel, your track would had been far better if it was gospel.

3. repetition of lyrics needs a bridge. you had only, verse and hook then verse then hook and the verses were repetition, you were suppose to put a bridge between the verse and the hook.

just saying the truth.

sorry to say bro but some of your observations are wrong and laughable, you said he had good lyrics and the composition was good yet music is not for him, you said the instrumental sounded gospel, gospel is also known as message so it's kinda like not a music genre cos gospel can come in any form of genre(high life, apala, reggae or rock) hence the reason why you can see artiste like Lanre Terriba(juju), Kim Burrel(soul) and Casting crowns(Rock) all say they are gospel artiste.

You said his song doesn't have a bridge , I'll like you to listen to (Book of love) by Peter Gabriel; it also doesn't have a verse nor hook but the song was good enough to cross the shores of his country into africa and all other part of the world. Telling him to force a bridge on that song is the same as telling him to allow societal believe restrict his creativity cos a song isn't believed to be through in 9ja if it doesn't have solo1,2,3,4,Hook and bridge. And as far as repetition goes, a constant repeating of a particular word or phrase in music is what I term as repetition e.g 'you're such a diva 8times' so the song has no repetition 'IMO', and if their was it only added to the uniqueness of the song rather than destroy it.

And as regards his voice not suitable for singing, guy I don't think you're a rock music enthusiast; cos if you are, names like Aero smith, Nickel back and Bryan Adams will not be strange to you, what would you say about their voices; and this names are house hold names in the rock music industry in America and beyond, I think the voice of an artiste his is identity and signature; the minute you try to sound like another person you're not only fake but your career is also a gonna e.g 'Joel' 'IMO' his voice his perfect, besides I'm sure you'll say the same thing to Asa if she was in his shoes.

Just proving a point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't You Dare! by Prestige324: 12:53am On Jun 25, 2015
Wizkid new song with Mgazeen and Wale titled, so low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaL4PDmpdE
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2015
Jyde89:

sorry to say bro but some of your observations are wrong and laughable, you said he had good lyrics and the composition was good yet music is not for him, you said the instrumental sounded gospel, gospel is also known as message so it's kinda like not a music genre cos gospel can come in any form of genre(high life, apala, reggae or rock) hence the reason why you can see artiste like Lanre Terriba(juju), Kim Burrel(soul) and Casting crowns(Rock) all say they are gospel artiste.

You said his song doesn't have a bridge , I'll like you to listen to (Book of love) by Peter Gabriel; it also doesn't have a verse nor hook but the song was good enough to cross the shores of his country into africa and all other part of the world. Telling him to force a bridge on that song is the same as telling him to allow societal believe restrict his creativity cos a song isn't believed to be through in 9ja if it doesn't have solo1,2,3,4,Hook and bridge. And as far as repetition goes, a constant repeating of a particular word or phrase in music is what I term as repetition e.g 'you're such a diva 8times' so the song has no repetition 'IMO', and if their was it only added to the uniqueness of the song rather than destroy it.

And as regards his voice not suitable for singing, guy I don't think you're a rock music enthusiast; cos if you are, names like Aero smith, Nickel back and Bryan Adams will not be strange to you, what would you say about their voices; and this names are house hold names in the rock music industry in America and beyond, I think the voice of an artiste his is identity and signature; the minute you try to sound like another person you're not only fake but your career is also a gonna e.g 'Joel' 'IMO' his voice his perfect, besides I'm sure you'll say the same thing to Asa if she was in his shoes.

Just proving a point.

could not read it. no tyme embarassed
Re: Don't You Dare! by Jyde89: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
runzlord:

could not read it. no tyme embarassed
Too bad, you could have learnt a lot.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Dare! by bukola: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
runzlord:

poor, very poor.... 1/10

just saying the truth.

I was about to comment when I saw your review of the song,I was confused so I hd to listen again to be sure, wow! Bro I think you have a poor music sense,no offence.

@Bosun, wow, never knew Nigeria still has hope in music, pls don't stop,stay true to your genre, I'm fan already, would be looking forward to your next release and possibly an EP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't You Dare! by Prestige324: 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
phyno new release. He released it this evening. He titled it ASAI. Come see rap. I love phyno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckuTMPeXGbI
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
bukola:

I was about to comment when I saw your review of the song,I was confused so I hd to listen again to be sure, wow! Bro I think you have a poor music sense,no offence.

@Bosun, wow, never knew Nigeria still has hope in music, pls don't stop,stay true to your genre, I'm fan already, would be looking forward to your next release and possibly an EP.

okay no p! if this guy ever makes it in music, i owe you 100k
of course, with out taking my advice
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jyde89:

Just proving a point.

am not saying he should sound like another, im saying he should improve
Re: Don't You Dare! by bukola: 5:02am On Jun 26, 2015
runzlord:

okay no p! if this guy ever makes it in music, i owe you 100k
of course, with out taking my advice

Lol! So what would be your parameter of measuring "making it in music?" Is it when he gets airplay with this song or I would hve to wait until he gets let's say a headies award?

And your advices are baseless cos I play the Piano, which I'm sure you don't play any musical instrument, if you do,you would know that as long as someone is not singing off key or jumping beat he's good to go, what you don't understand is that Vocal textures like this are easily recognized, even when you don't know artists like this have realeased a song, you just put on your radio and hear the song, you know who sings like that, thts what we call signature tune , I know you might never have heard of the rock artists someone mentioned to you before, but I'm sure you would know Orlando owoh, you still rememberhis vocal texture? Do you know what made him successful? He was a good song writer which you think this guy is and he also has a signature tune which I think this guy has, if Bosun stays true to his act, you would definitely loose the 100k which you don't even have.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 26, 2015
bukola:

Lol! So what would be your parameter of measuring "making it in music?" Is it when he gets airplay with this song or I would hve to wait until he gets let's say a headies award?

And your advices are baseless cos I play the Piano, which I'm sure you don't play any musical instrument, if you do,you would know that as long as someone is not singing off key or jumping beat he's good to go, what you don't understand is that Vocal textures like this are easily recognized, even when you don't know artists like this have realeased a song, you just put on your radio and hear the song, you know who sings like that, thts what we call signature tune , I know you might never have heard of the rock artists someone mentioned to you before, but I'm sure you would know Orlando owoh, you still rememberhis vocal texture? Do you know what made him successful? He was a good song writer which you think this guy is and he also has a signature tune which I think this guy has, if Bosun stays true to his act, you would definitely loose the 100k which you don't even have.

grin lets seeeeee
Re: Don't You Dare! by Jyde89: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
runzlord:

am not saying he should sound like another, im saying he should improve

who is perfect in this life, the best vocalist might not be a good songwriter, likewise the best song writer might not have the best voice; what matters is that everybody knows his or her strength and weakness
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jyde89:

who is perfect in this life, the best vocalist might not be a good songwriter, likewise the best song writer might not have the best voice; what matters is that everybody knows his or her strength and weakness
and i just helped figure out his weakness for him to work on wink
Re: Don't You Dare! by Jojolizo: 12:39am On Jun 28, 2015
Chancit! See rock music nau, hehehe nice one bros. Thanks for the mention, I've been really busy, just came on and saw this now.

And "sometimes" was wonderful, just production issues. When you have "free" money and time, re-record am again.

"Don't you dare" make sense wella. Only say I com dy strain to listen to electric guitar (lol no mind me, na instrument wey I like 4 rock music be dat). And the drumming was too I dunno, maybe "routine", make producer put some (double n triple) strokes, nice rolls, cheesy go a lil offbeat, etc in subsequent tracks. (Mke we get dat 'live band' feeling) smiley

And bros o, work on pronunciation of words (abi na your accent?), had this same issue with "sometimes". (Wetin u tok 4 95% sef). At least 4 d sake of your "incoming" international audience. wink u knw na.

And finally, try put your lyrics on the internet,at times na lyrics dy attract us to tracks, and you've got nice ones (from your demos). There are sites, blogs wher u fit submit lyrics. So dat as u dy giv us link to track, u giv us link to d lyrics too.
U understand na.
If I notice anytin again I go let you know. (Y)

Update me on new tracks o. Thanks boss
Re: Don't You Dare! by basille(m): 1:42am On Jun 28, 2015
@Chancit this song is very cool. Instrumentals went well with your voice. Your accent made you standout, please don't change it (kind of reminds me of brymo).

My question is what message were you trying to pass with this song? Your lyrics sounded narcissistical and egotistic so it kinda left me on the fence when deciding if it was an overall good lyrics. Don't get me wrong, your writing style is almost perfect, and totally flowed well with the song, but i think you need to pass a very solid message, there are a lot of influences around to be drawn from, and with a good production as this, the sky is your starting point.

Opinions are subjective and may differ. All in all this is a nice song.
Re: Don't You Dare! by basille(m): 1:44am On Jun 28, 2015
runzlord:

poor, very poor.... 1/10

just saying the truth.
You know very little about good music. Just my Opinion.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 28, 2015
Jyde89:

bukola:

basille:
You know very little about good music. Just my Opinion.
Chanchit:
[quote author=runzlord
Finally someone does not like the song.
Though I could counter all what you just said, but I asked for your opinion and you gave your honest review of the song. So thanks for downloading and also commenting.

okay. time to explain something to all of you.... first, not one of you love and listen to music like me, know that. i listen to music 24/7, my ears are always plugged, i've bought 3 earpiece in less than 2 month, which i just but the third one today, i have over 5k songs and keep deleting boring songs or noise. anybody phone i get hold off, i copy all the persons song, listen to them one by one and take the ones i like. people keep complaining of calling me on the street and i don't respond cos my ears are plugged. i have literally caused a traffic before cos i was standing in front of a street, right in the middle of it, and a headphone on, only for me to turn back to see about 5 cars seriously horning at by back. u've heard of people been hit by car because of plugged ears? im that type of person, thank God im not a victim of accidents. my earpiece had been seized and destroyed thousands of times by elders, cos it was always on.
what im saying in essence is, i can differentiate a bad music from a good one. talking about the musical instrument? i play gutair at an amatuer level.(thats for bukola) and just so i can get always good music to listen too, i listen to all sort of music, all countries, naija, south african, international, as long as it sounds good. in fact that's why i downloaded this song in the first place, cos if its good, i'll keep it

my first point was your voice.... now people said you were being original, not disputing that, but not exactly my point. great voice is different from being original, who is originally? for example, Jhene Aiko. she does not sound like beyonce or rihanna, she is truly exceptional, and at the same time has a great voice, her having a great voice does not in any way make her sound like the others in fact it is hard to categorise her type of music, my friends even call it "the jhene aiko music". so true you(Chanchit) sound original but your voice is not there yet, a few training would improve your voice not change you, thats what i mean when i say u need to work on your voice. now how important is it? very very. if its not, a voice coach is as good as useless in project fame.

2. the instrumental. i said it sounds gospel, and would be nicer if your song was gospel. can u brag like rappers do on an instrumental like rihanna - american oxygen? like imagine that instrumental with lyrics like, "i'm the best, they cant test me//, dudes who came close had a trial then case closed, still bring high tension, they cant touch me//....." and instrumentals like masterkraft - indomie with lyrics like " baby i love you, don't let my heart shrink away " ? but these are obvious examples, then as a musician your ears must be very sensitive to the last to know what kind of lyrics or song message would fit an instrumental and if its not what you can do, leave it for another artist. and that's why i was not happy with "niniola - soke" cos i know it would had taken an artist like wizkid just one week to make that instrumental a hit. but she no try at all to me. but guys like you returning comments to me would be like, nice song and nice lyrics when she can actually make the song a hit if only she could figure out the perfect lyrics and flow. and some times you have the perfect lyrics but not the perfect instrumental, for example "alunageorge - you know you like it" this song would had died unknown to most people if DJ Snake did not rescue it. her version was extremely boring, all dj snake did was change the instrumental and left her lyrics exactly the same way she laid it and made the song a hit one year after her own version. google the two and listen to it if you've not. listen to her own personal version first cos if you just google "alunageorge - you know you like it" the dj snake version is what comes up. they both have youtube videos. also please read the difference in comments btw the two songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWR9MR5juWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBn7bjy9c4U

so instrumental...........very important.

3. a bridge.... lets see which hit does not have a bridge, even the song i used above, the alunageorge version did not have a bridge, verse and hook only, dj snake took her hook and made it a bridge then created a new hook with pure instrumentals, that's how important it gets. you can't think of any hit without a bridge, cos bridges actually add value to the song, and i did not say repetition was bad i said bridges become extremely important when you are going to repeat you lyrics. a pause, brake, and anything to overshadow the repetition, cos repetition itself is not exactly interesting, like you wont like to hear the same joke over and over again, it wont funny anymore, and jokes are entertainment, so as music. drake - crew love ft the weekend, the first two verses taken by the weekend was actually repetition, but the was a bridge that starts from when he said "20, keep the bar rolling" then a sort of drum breaks after the hook, before the next verse. i hope i'm understood

and i know i've been talking about HIT since. a song being a hit means it is liked and appreciated by the majority, i mean whats the point of doing music if you don't aim to get a HIT? well i personally(as a rapper(now an edge over bukola)) aim to if possible make a 20 track album with about 15 hits in it.

and if you think what i wrote is to long for you to read, that's the same reason why i kept my first reply straight in the first place. and if you still see me as stupid or music ignorant, tell me the truth, you just hate me, its beyond "bosun - dont you dare" and this tread.
Re: Don't You Dare! by basille(m): 4:43am On Jun 28, 2015
runzlord:
okay. time to explain something to all of you.... first, not one of you love and listen to music like me, no that. i listen to music 24/7, my ears are always plugged, i've bought 3 earpiece in less than 2 month, which i just but the third one today, i have over 5k songs and keep deleting boring songs or noise. anybody phone i get hold off, i copy all the persons song, listen to them one by one and take the ones i like. people keep complaining of calling me on the street and i don't respond cos my ears are plugged. i have literally caused a traffic before cos i was standing in front of a street, right in the middle of it, and a headphone on, only for me to turn back to see about 5 cars seriously horning at by back. u've heard of people been hit by car because of plugged ears? im that type of person, thank God im not a victim of accidents. my earpiece had been seized and destroyed thousands of times by elders, cos it was always on.
what im saying in essence is, i can differentiate a bad music from a good one. talking about the musical instrument? i play gutair at an amatuer level.(thats for bukola) and just so i can get always good music to listen too, i listen to all sort of music, all countries, naija, south african, international, as long as it sounds good. in fact that's why i downloaded this song in the first place, cos if its good, i'll keep it

my first point was your voice.... now people said you were being original, not disputing that, but not exactly my point. great voice is different from being original, who is originally? for example, Jhene Aiko. she does not sound like beyonce or rihanna, she is truly exceptional, and at the same time has a great voice, her having a great voice does not in any way make her sound like the others in fact it is hard to categorise her type of music, my friends even call it "the jhene aiko music". so true you(Chanchit) sound original but your voice is not there yet, a few training would improve your voice not change you, thats what i mean when i say u need to work on your voice. now how important is it? very very. if its not, a voice coach is as good as useless in project fame.

2. the instrumental. i said it sounds gospel, and would be nicer if your song was gospel. can u brag like rappers do on an instrumental like rihanna - american oxygen? like imagine that instrumental with lyrics like, "i'm the best, they cant test me//, dudes who came close had a trial then case closed, still bring high tension, they cant touch me//....." and instrumentals like masterkraft - indomie with lyrics like " baby i love you, don't let my heart shrink away " ? but these are obvious examples, then as a musician your ears must be very sensitive to the last to know what kind of lyrics or song message would fit an instrumental and if its not what you can do, leave it for another artist. and that's why i was not happy with "niniola - soke" cos i know it would had taken an artist like wizkid just one week to make that instrumental a hit. but she no try at all to me. but guys like you returning comments to me would be like, nice song and nice lyrics when she can actually make the song a hit if only she could figure out the perfect lyrics and flow. and some times you have the perfect lyrics but not the perfect instrumental, for example "alunageorge - you know you like it" this song would had died unknown to most people if DJ Snake did not rescue it. her version was extremely boring, all dj snake did was change the instrumental and left her lyrics exactly the same way she laid it and made the song a hit one year after her own version. google the two and listen to it if you've not. listen to her own personal version first cos if you just google "alunageorge - you know you like it" the dj snake version is what comes up. they both have youtube videos. also please read the difference in comments btw the two songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWR9MR5juWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBn7bjy9c4U

so instrumental...........very important.

3. a bridge.... lets see which hit does not have a bridge, even the song i used above, the alunageorge version did not have a bridge, verse and hook only, dj snake took her hook and made it a bridge then created a new hook with pure instrumentals, that's how important it gets. you can't think of any hit without a bridge, cos bridges actually add value to the song, and i did not say repetition was bad i said bridges become extremely important when you are going to repeat you lyrics. a pause, brake, and anything to overshadow the repetition, cos repetition itself is not exactly interesting, like you wont like to hear the same joke over and over again, it wont funny anymore, and jokes are entertainment, so as music. drake - crew love ft the weekend, the first two verses taken by the weekend was actually repetition, but the was a bridge that starts from when he said "20, keep the bar rolling" then a sort of drum breaks after the hook, before the next verse. i hope i'm understood

and i know i've been talking about HIT since. a song being a hit means it is liked and appreciated by the majority, i mean whats the point of doing music if you don't aim to get a HIT? well i personally(as a rapper(now an edge over bukola)) aim to if possible make a 20 track album with about 15 hits in it.

and if you think what i wrote is to long for you to read, that's the same reason why i kept my first reply straight in the first place. and if you still see me as silly or music ignorant, tell me the truth, you just hate me, its beyond "bosun - dont you dare" and this tread.
Could not read this epistle. No freaking time.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 28, 2015
basille:
Could not read this epistle. No freaking time.

to bad.... you could had learnt alot
Re: Don't You Dare! by basille(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
runzlord:

to bad.... you could had learnt alot
From you? hehehehehehe. OK.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
basille:
From you? hehehehehehe. OK.
read before talking
Re: Don't You Dare! by basille(m): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
runzlord:

read before talking
I rather count stars on a sunny afternoon than read what you wrote up there.

Sorry, i have much better things to do.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Chanchit: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jojolizo:
Chancit! See rock music nau, hehehe nice one bros. Thanks for the mention, I've been really busy, just came on and saw this now.

And "sometimes" was wonderful, just production issues. When you have "free" money and time, re-record am again.

"Don't you dare" make sense wella. Only say I com dy strain to listen to electric guitar (lol no mind me, na instrument wey I like 4 rock music be dat). And the drumming was too I dunno, maybe "routine", make producer put some (double n triple) strokes, nice rolls, cheesy go a lil offbeat, etc in subsequent tracks. (Mke we get dat 'live band' feeling) smiley

And bros o, work on pronunciation of words (abi na your accent?), had this same issue with "sometimes". (Wetin u tok 4 95% sef). At least 4 d sake of your "incoming" international audience. wink u knw na.

And finally, try put your lyrics on the internet,at times na lyrics dy attract us to tracks, and you've got nice ones (from your demos). There are sites, blogs wher u fit submit lyrics. So dat as u dy giv us link to track, u giv us link to d lyrics too.
U understand na.
If I notice anytin again I go let you know. (Y)

Update me on new tracks o. Thanks boss

@Jojolizo, tnkx for dropping by. You listened well, about the drum pattern,I know but I'm just happy that atleast I'm getting a production that would portray my feelings on my composition, even if not 100% its just enough to get me going, and you are right, I would be recording "sometimes" next, which I believe would be better and about the lyrics, I would write it out in my next comment.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Chanchit: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
basille:
@Chancit this song is very cool. Instrumentals went well with your voice. Your accent made you standout, please don't change it (kind of reminds me of brymo).

My question is what message were you trying to pass with this song? Your lyrics sounded narcissistical and egotistic so it kinda left me on the fence when deciding if it was an overall good lyrics. Don't get me wrong, your writing style is almost perfect, and totally flowed well with the song, but i think you need to pass a very solid message, there are a lot of influences around to be drawn from, and with a good production as this, the sky is your starting point.

Opinions are subjective and may differ. All in all this is a nice song.

Hi. Basille,
Thanks for dropping by and also for taking a closer look at the composition, the inspirtion came while I was just fooling around with the guitar and as a composer you know we say many things we don't mean, I have many more "good" materials to offer, even gospel, so don't worry about that.
About the msg I'm trying to pass, though I'm a guy but the song is a unisex song, which means a lady could also tell a guy all I just said, and its designed for a relationship that both parties are in a jolly mood, if any of the spouse sings it at a wrong time, then it means official breakup.

But all in all I'm just trying to compose something odd.

And pls guys, let runzlord be, if in this tough NL I could see only one person so far(expecting more sha) that does not like my song, I think its a plus.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Dare! by Chanchit: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Someone just asked for the lyrics of this song now, so I'm writing it out now.

Cc: Sanchez01, LadyBoss1, Iamsynord, Runzlord, Dickator, hatux, jyde89, Bukolaa, prestige234, Jojolizo and Basille.

Baby you know
Its hard to find a friend like me
Who is:
95% talented
96% cool
97% intelligent
98% caring
99% mysterious
100% crazy
101% loving
101% loving
Don't you dare loose me
Don't you dare loose me
Don't you dare loose me!
Just a rough lyrics to cover every part of the song.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't You Dare! by Jyde89: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=runzlord post=35231648][/quote]
guy I have read all the examples you sited here and everything still boils down to the fact that you're not a rock music fan and the fact that you're dropping a rap album pretty soon is testament to your genre of music, If you can't understand that everybody needs to improve more on his or her work but shouldn't remain in class forever simply because they want to improve, then I have nothing more to say to you, if it was about a great voice Barry White and Jim Reeves shouldn't even have gone into music in the first place.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jyde89:

guy I have read all the examples you sited here and everything still boils down to the fact that you're not a rock music fan and the fact that you're dropping a rap album pretty soon is testament to your genre of music, If you can't understand that everybody needs to improve more on his or her work but shouldn't remain in class forever simply because they want to improve, then I have nothing more to say to you, if it was about a great voice Barry White and Jim Reeves shouldn't even have gone into music in the first place.

niether im i a fan of r&b or pop music. but i believe if you are good at what you do, the whole world will hear you, not just the fan of your genre.

for example again smiley i guess "maroon 5 - sugar" is a rock song, and i can tell you i love that song........

BTW i did not say i want to drop an abulm, i said i aim to.....
Re: Don't You Dare! by Sanchez01: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
runzlord:

niether im i a fan of r&b or pop music. but i believe if you are good at what you do, the whole world will hear you, not just the fan of your genre.

for example again smiley i guess "maroon 5 - sugar" is a rock song, and i can tell you i love that song........

BTW i did not say i want to drop an abulm, i said i aim to.....
I've been reading your posts on your supposedly understanding of music and its genres. If you're not into pop, R&B, country and rock culture, then you may never understand the concept behind Chanchit's song. The instrumental is so relaxing and it does not follow the conventional 'club, drugs, and sex' pattern.

I have someone who looped Chanchit's song for almost a week. I played it for four straight days. Kindly listen to some of Taylor Swift's songs, particularly "Back to December (Deluxe Version)", then come back here to tell me how 'sophisticated' it is compared to "Don't you Dare".

I'm sure someone like you would say Darey's "No Stars" is a flop because "it is not widely accepted".
I suggest you critic "Shakitibobo" or "Woju" because it's obvious you don't understand the concept of Music, good music. It's quite unfortunate for someone who is not a fan of R&B to claim he knows music. I presume you know nothing about Jazz music as well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sanchez01:

I've been reading your posts on your supposedly understanding of music and its genres. If you're not into pop, R&B, country and rock culture, then you may never understand the concept behind Chanchit's song. The instrumental is so relaxing and it does not follow the conventional 'club, drugs, and sex' pattern.

I have someone who looped Chanchit's song for almost a week. I played it for four straight days. Kindly listen to some of Taylor Swift's songs, particularly "Back to December (Deluxe Version)", then come back here to tell me how 'sophisticated' it is compared to "Don't you Dare".

I'm sure someone like you would say Darey's "No Stars" is a flop because "it is not widely accepted".
I suggest you critic "Shakitibobo" or "Woju" because it's obvious you don't understand the concept of Music, good music. It's quite unfortunate for someone who is not a fan of R&B to claim he knows music. I presume you know nothing about Jazz music as well?

if you read my post with understanding and an open mind, you will find out that non of my examples were hip-hop, i did not say i hate r&b or any other type of music, hip-hop is just number 1, i could sit and watch hip-hop top 10 chart and ignore r&b top 10 chart, but will still like to know the top 3, and walk on the street listening to and singing aloud "im a classic man" i love music generally, but into hip-hop.

as for shakti bobo and woju, thats a different type of music entirely, afro pop, and i really don't like afro pop, and thats a personal issue, its not because the their songs are not great.
Re: Don't You Dare! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Chanchit:
Now this is how the sitting arrangement would be, I have promised some people a mention when the track is ready, people like : Sanchez01, PrettyHausaGirl and jojolizo, some people have also also showed up in my mention people like: Ladyboss1, cococandy, aflyingbird, Sambarry, Afromano, Koastar, phikson and Moana.
Now to my honorable mentions: Tosyne2much and Cyprus000 the magician.

Nice song! Keep it up, you got what it takes to be at the top. See you at the top!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't You Dare! by Chanchit: 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hi, I'm still expecting the mail, or should I drop my pin if you re having problem with the mail?

Cc frankdivine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamide YBNL Album Full Download / Download Mp3: Rayvanny Ft Nandy - Siwezi | Audio Download / Yummy By Justin Bieber Mp3 Is Out Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.