Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,166 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Accapella Groups: Pentatonix - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Accapella Groups: Pentatonix (8629 Views)

12 Nigerian Groups Who Broke Fans’ Hearts By Splitting / Rio 2016 Say Children's Rights Groups / 4 Groups In Nigeria I Wish Were Still Making Music Together. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Nuges11(m): 11:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
DammyOlu123:

Two of them, if I remember correctly. But they still sing great

Two? Who's the other guy?

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by joywendy(f): 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nuges11:

Two? Who's the other guy?

Scott
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Nuges11(m): 12:07am On Jun 30, 2015
joywendy:

Scott

Scott is gay too? Are you kidding? Now that's hard to believe

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by joywendy(f): 12:31am On Jun 30, 2015
Nuges11:

Scott is gay too? Are you kidding? Now that's hard to believe

lolz yeah unbelievable....both Scott and Mitchi are best friends though there is this rumor going around that they might be lovers. I don't know how true this is the both have a show which they call superfruit most of their stories are usually said there. You can check it out on youtube sha
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Nuges11(m): 12:43am On Jun 30, 2015
joywendy:

lolz yeah unbelievable....both Scott and Mitchi are best friends though there is this rumor going around that they might be lovers. I don't know how true this is the both have a show which they call superfruit most of their stories are usually said there. You can check it out on youtube sha

Superfruit...I'll check it out, thanks. Safarigirl, does Scott give off gay vibes too?

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by safarigirl(f): 12:43am On Jun 30, 2015
Nuges11:

The harder I look and the more I ignore the jaw, the more I see an older dude. Guess it's the general thing about them white guys looking way more matured than their age.
Ah! I've got a very serious crush on Kirstie.

Who, in your opinion, is the most indispensable member of the group? I'd say Avi Kaplan
I'd say Mitchi, he's like the foundation for me....Kaplan would come a close second though.

You could also make an argument for Kevin cuz it's his beat-boxing skills that make them unique, but then, even without beat-boxing they could still work....they'd just be like all the others
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by safarigirl(f): 12:44am On Jun 30, 2015
Nuges11:

Superfruit...I'll check it out. Safarigirl, does Scott give off gay vibes too?
yes, just a little. He's not all over the place, but it wouldn't be surprising to know he's gay
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Nuges11(m): 12:52am On Jun 30, 2015
safarigirl:
I'd say Mitchi, he's like the foundation for me....Kaplan would come a close second though.

You could also make an argument for Kevin cuz it's his beat-boxing skills that make them unique, but then, even without beat-boxing they could still work....they'd just be like all the others

I feel the baritone baseline Avi introduces kinda unites the whole sound together, gives it this smooth feel, remove it and the tune falls apart. Even Kevin's beat-boxing would sound a little off without it.

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by LEGITLAYO: 9:12am On Jun 30, 2015
Lol, I laughed real hard at how the Africans were doing their own a capella shii. I been no even hear anything wey dem sing, na only dance dem just dey dance. .. with their agbadas and iro ati buba.
Even if Africans wan start this a capella stuff sef, how many can do it?. this one wey na only beat dem dey use make music, talents aren't many.
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by adegwurulez(m): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
Lol, I laughed real hard at how the Africans were doing their own a capella shii. I been no even hear anything wey dem sing, na only dance dem just dey dance. .. with their agbadas and iro ati buba.
Even if Africans wan start this a capella stuff sef, how many can do it?. this one wey na only beat dem dey use make music, talents aren't many.
The agbada stuff is just for identity, not a big deal. I'll have to disagree with you on the 'no-talent-in-Nigeria' part. There was this group in one of the talent hunt shows that had me doffing my hat. They were real good. Not pentatonix kinda good but i thought they made sense. I think someone like praise or Bez would do great in an A ccapela group.

How school na? hope you no follow curse hit and run driver
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by LEGITLAYO: 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
adegwurulez:

The agbada stuff is just for identity, not a big deal. I'll have to disagree with you on the 'no-talent-in-Nigeria' part. There was this group in one of the talent hunt shows that had me doffing my hat. They were real good. Not pentatonix kinda good but i thought they made sense. I think someone like praise or Bez would do great in an A ccapela group.

How school na? hope you no follow curse hit and run driver
lol nah.. Was at home even the incident occurred
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Leward(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
radioactive, carol of the bells and starship are the songs I like best
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by treesh(f): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
They're so so amazing! You need to listen to their cover of problem by ariana grande. Mitch has the voice of an angel! Mitch and Kristie are indians sha.

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by joywendy(f): 12:37am On Jul 02, 2015
treesh:
They're so so amazing! You need to listen to their cover of problem by ariana grande. Mitch has the voice of an angel! Mitch and Kristie are indians sha.

I swear down I love that cover. Preferred it to the original sef. That his voice so amazing! Are you for reals?
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by treesh(f): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=joywendy post=35381510]

I swear down I love that cover. Preferred it to the original sef. That his voice so amazing! Are you for reals?[/quote/]

Yeah. You need to listen to their cover of say something. You'll literally melt!

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by joywendy(f): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
treesh:
Yeah. You need to listen to their cover of say something. You'll literally melt!

Thanks...downloading...cheesy

Have you listen to one of their first original song run to you? Very touching song
Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by joywendy(f): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
LEGITLAYO:

Really you underestimate people here oh haba!
There is an all male aca group in my school, they are really good they got a guy who does the beat for them, though not as perfect or good has kelvin but they are trying.

The thing is that people don't really appreciate a cappella anymore so it is actually difficult to see people with such talents.

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by treesh(f): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
joywendy:

Thanks...downloading...cheesy

Have you listen to one of their first original song run to you? Very touching song

No, I haven't. Will do. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by LEGITLAYO: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
joywendy:

Really you underestimate people here oh haba!
There is an all male aca group in my school, they are really good they got a guy who does the beat for them, though not as perfect or good has kelvin but they are trying.

The thing is that people don't really appreciate a cappella anymore so it is actually difficult to see people with such talents.
Noted ma. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Savigne(f): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
OMG!..I never knew the dark guy is Nigerian,good to know.
I absolutely love Pentatonix,esp in "Say Something"...My mum loves listening to their rendition of "Little Drummer".

2 Likes

Re: Accapella Groups: Pentatonix by Gboskee(m): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tuface -ocho Lyrics / Lyrics Of Ne-yo "So Sick" / Calm Down By Rema (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.