Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Nigeria's Proud Celebrities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria's Proud Celebrities (2247 Views)

Biafra: Blessing Anyim Speaks On What Celebrities Should Do / Obi Obadike: Fitness Trainer Making Nigeria Proud Abroad (Photos) / Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Ahhhh, pride. One of the seven deadly sins. Also one of the things a lot of celebrities are guilty of. So somehow, a few friends and I were talking about our local celebs and the issue of which celebs were proud and which were not followed. Now while, I've not met a lot of celebs (and, as a result, I really couldn't weigh in on that discussion), the conversation did turn up a lot of results on the celebrity prideometer.

First to go was 2face. Everyone agreed that 2baba is pretty humble and social. I've had the opportunity to be around 2face - last year at Rhythm Unplugged - and he seemed pretty chill. I'm pretty sure that wasn't an act, so I agreed that 2face is laid back. Annie Idibia was raised but half the gathering declared that she wasn't celebrity enough to be worth any sort of pride. The other half argued that she did, afterall, she did beat off stiff competition from other baby mamas to marry 2-face, to which the other side swiftly replied that it only meant she was the side chick in a collection of side chicks that managed to become a main chick. With that, there was a consensus agreement that Annie probably wasn't worth the pride.

Ramsey Nouah came up and one person declared that he was proud as fu.....as a popular swear word. Apparently, he had slightly blocked Ramsey Nouah's car one day with his, and the fair Nollywood had been less than chill about it. Others seemed to agree that Ramsey Nouah isn't proud and he probably was having a bad day to react that way. Didn't convince the guy tho, but consensus agreed that RN isn't haughty.

Next on the list was Sound Sultan. He split the group. Some said he's proud. Others said he isn't. At the end it was agreed that he acts high and mighty on occasion.

Tonto Dike came up next but everyone agreed that she's not proud - she's just crazy. I chipped in that a friend of mine who had interviewed her once said she's actually a pretty shy person. To which one person quipped - "Probably when she's off her weed." Laughs all around.

Next up, Whizkid. He was declared proud by unanimous agreement. And everyone agreed that he doesn't really have any reason to be proud, afterall he "came from igboro". I don't know, Whizkid may have posted a few misguided tweets, but I have never thought of him as proud. Never met him before, though, so I can't say. Others seemed pretty sure that he's proud so I guess he is.

As always, whenever Wizkid's name comes up, two names usually follow; Davido and Banky W.

Davido was agreed to be a proud fu.......popular swear word, but everyone also agreed that, seeing as he was born to a rich family, his pride is nothing surprising. Not in my books, though. I mean, there are lots of people from wealthy homes that are pretty down-to-earth.

Banky W. Unanimous vote declared him to be a proud motherfu....you get. Someone even called him "Baba Prideness". Though if I had a head like that, pride would be my last personality flaw.

Funke Akindele and Kate Henshaw were agreed to be pretty chill. Funke Should be anyways; her shoki dancing video from last year can't be the product of a proud person.

Tiwa Savage produced an unsure vote. Some felt she's pretty humble. Some felt she was just a polite bi......word that rhymes with itch. But nobody thought of her as out-rightly proud.

P-Square and DBanj were ignored.

http://gidicentral.com/blog/2015/06/17/nigerias-proud-celebrities/
Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by homesteady(m): 1:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Wizkid is the real definition of pride!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by Atk01(f): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2015
smiley
Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2015
homesteady:
Wizkid is the real definition of pride!

You serious? Have you met the guy before?
Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by englishmart(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2015
That's why when I saw wizkid at Sheraton hotel last week, I immediately ordered for a bottle of champagne called Gouts de diamants (#250m)
Wizkid was like "how did he get the money for such an expensive wine.?"

He came straight to my table, greeted everyone and extended his right hand for a handshake, but I snubbed him.
The moment he left I returned the bottle of wine and told the attendant I have an urgent call; so I can't take the wine.

I'm sure he must have noticed how annoying it is to be arrogant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by Warlord3000(m): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2015
There are always two sides to a coin...
Same thing applies to a bottle with drink in it.. Just around the middle...
Some see it as half filled while others see it as half empty..
That's life wink
Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
englishmart:
That's why when I saw wizkid at Sheraton hotel last week, I immediately ordered for a bottle of champagne called Gouts de diamants (#250m)

He came straight to my table, greeted everyone and extended his right hand for a handshake, but I snubbed him.
The moment he left I returned the bottle of wine and told the attendant I have an urgent call; so I can't take the wine.

grin na so
Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by Folakeme: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
englishmart:

grin

Re: Nigeria's Proud Celebrities by RealAlfranco: 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
I don't know but Ramsey Nouah's mood swing seem seems to be never ending then.

Back between 2004-2006, we were returning frm school with my bros, den all of a sudden we saw Ramsey Nouah. As in eh,it wasn't everytime we bump into a celeb in Jos na. We intentionally followed were he was standing with his colleagues,we greeted him,colleagues answered on his behalf. It was like he couldn't give half a F... word that rhymes with fork. grin Niqqa jst composed like he didn't see us. No be say we dirty oo or we ugly. Our white top was clean,our navy blue short knickers were still showing the lines that it was well ironed, check out our whites socks nd brown sandals again na + our school bags sef. What was he even thinking?? 12-13yr old boys dat greeted u 1st oo. So much for being a good example. Mehn we jst concluded dat da mofuka can't stay humble 2 save his life (yeah,we rili concluded dat. Maybe not with da same words). Nobody said a word again till we got home.

Conclusion.
Ramsey Nouah is a proud person. cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Single And Happy / TY Bello's Twins Chris N Chris Pictured With Makeup Artiste Tara Durotoye / Ice Prince’s Bae, Maima Slays In Red Bodice Dress As She Parties With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.